Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,767 members, 7,827,845 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:46 PM

Fatal Accident In Cross River State,Trailer Crushes Car And Driver Dead(photos) - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Fatal Accident In Cross River State,Trailer Crushes Car And Driver Dead(photos) (31672 Views)

Owner And Driver Of The Otedola Bridge Tanker To Be Prosecuted By LASG / Dangote Trailer Crushes 15 Cows To The Death In Kogi. Photos/Video / Container Truck Fell Flat On A Car In Port Harcourt And Driver Survives (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fatal Accident In Cross River State,Trailer Crushes Car And Driver Dead(photos) by chukslawrence(m): 12:27pm On Oct 08, 2015
Rip
Re: Fatal Accident In Cross River State,Trailer Crushes Car And Driver Dead(photos) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 12:28pm On Oct 08, 2015
A trailer almost hit my car this morning on my way to the farm.
May God continue to protect us and all that are ours this year

check my article to tap into the riches plantain farming business can bring you by venturing into it.

Re: Fatal Accident In Cross River State,Trailer Crushes Car And Driver Dead(photos) by U2ice(m): 12:39pm On Oct 08, 2015
Wtf....d yeye driver no see river enter ba or tree

Rip to d dead
Re: Fatal Accident In Cross River State,Trailer Crushes Car And Driver Dead(photos) by emmatok(m): 12:41pm On Oct 08, 2015
EgunMogaji:

Why? He's also a victim of Nigeria.

Do you think he'll choose to drive a decrepit vehicle like that with bald tires?

A classic case of brake failure. Only the tree stump stopped the truck.

This accident was placed into motion a long time ago when some greedy asshat decided to import the cheapest piece of shyte Mack truck.

But how did the car got to that point.
Re: Fatal Accident In Cross River State,Trailer Crushes Car And Driver Dead(photos) by Nobody: 12:42pm On Oct 08, 2015
Cutehector:
Hmmmm... I just dnt understand dis kynd of accident... Wetin carry d trailer and d car enter insyd bush

Exactly watin I wan talk, word for word.
Re: Fatal Accident In Cross River State,Trailer Crushes Car And Driver Dead(photos) by carlwinnie(m): 12:50pm On Oct 08, 2015
Cutehector:
Hmmmm... I just dnt understand dis kynd of accident... Wetin carry d trailer and d car enter insyd bush
there is no road in odukpani the road is full with water,mud and grass
Re: Fatal Accident In Cross River State,Trailer Crushes Car And Driver Dead(photos) by Nobody: 12:53pm On Oct 08, 2015
emmatok:

But how did the car got to that point.

How?

Greedy Nigerian imported the cheapest shyte truck.

Customs allowed it into the country.

FRSC did not check for proper operation.

Driver must feed family so even though the dashboard is lit with fault codes like a xmas tree he has no option but to drive.

I know you're looking for me to join in blaming the driver but I can't as its more complex than that.

Nigeria failed all the actors in this life drama.
Re: Fatal Accident In Cross River State,Trailer Crushes Car And Driver Dead(photos) by IceDude(m): 1:32pm On Oct 08, 2015
Keneking:
jonathanohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh embarassed

Re: Fatal Accident In Cross River State,Trailer Crushes Car And Driver Dead(photos) by sonnie10: 1:35pm On Oct 08, 2015
EgunMogaji:

How?

Greedy Nigerian imported the cheapest shyte truck.

Customs allowed it into the country.

FRSC did not check for proper operation.

Driver must feed family so even though the dashboard is lit with fault codes like a xmas tree he has no option but to drive.

I know you're looking for me to join in blaming the driver but I can't as its more complex than that.

Nigeria failed all the actors in this life drama.

Believe it or not, that truck even though old might have been in use and in full compliance before it was shipped to Nigeria. I know that road (Palmol rubber estate road), for over 25 years now, it has been a death trap and it is a state highway.
Re: Fatal Accident In Cross River State,Trailer Crushes Car And Driver Dead(photos) by obongtunji: 1:43pm On Oct 08, 2015
Cutehector:

The impact of the trailer will automatically change the direction of the car, thereby moving towards the direction of where the trailer is going, remember the trailer is 20times heavier than the car.
Re: Fatal Accident In Cross River State,Trailer Crushes Car And Driver Dead(photos) by salveoP(m): 2:06pm On Oct 08, 2015
BiggerBangs:
shocked shocked

[size=20pt]Jesus..may this never be our Portion !! [/size]

RIP to the driver
so was it d victim's portion?? Please, let's always be careful with words especially in matters like this... ma opinion though.
Re: Fatal Accident In Cross River State,Trailer Crushes Car And Driver Dead(photos) by IceMan85(m): 2:12pm On Oct 08, 2015
I saw it yesterday on my way to Calabar. It was gory.... some weeks ago, 18 passengers perished on that same road. oh God help us. we will never be a victim of road accident in Jesus name
Re: Fatal Accident In Cross River State,Trailer Crushes Car And Driver Dead(photos) by IceMan85(m): 2:13pm On Oct 08, 2015
I saw it yesterday on my way to Calabar. It was gory.... some weeks ago, 18 passengers perished on that same road. oh God help us. we will never be a victim of road accident in Jesus name embarassedI saw it yesterday on my way to Calabar. It was gory.... some weeks ago, 18 passengers perished on that same road. oh God help us. we will never be a victim of road accident in Jesus name
Re: Fatal Accident In Cross River State,Trailer Crushes Car And Driver Dead(photos) by bmos(m): 2:39pm On Oct 08, 2015
eme1n:
Bad roads or careless driving. RIP to the dead..

Wetin those vehicles go find for inside there for God's sake?
Re: Fatal Accident In Cross River State,Trailer Crushes Car And Driver Dead(photos) by donzi(m): 2:58pm On Oct 08, 2015
OYA CHECK AM U NO GO SEE THE DRIVER ..[color=#990000][/color]........ >:[/font]
Re: Fatal Accident In Cross River State,Trailer Crushes Car And Driver Dead(photos) by Nobody: 3:55pm On Oct 08, 2015
sonnie10:

Believe it or not, that truck even though old might have been in use and in full compliance before it was shipped to Nigeria. I know that road (Palmol rubber estate road), for over 25 years now, it has been a death trap and it is a state highway.

Not in the USA.

They get these trucks from auction yards.

Operators use the newest rigs here because it saves money being more economical and easier to pass stringent safety inspections. Not yearly but potentially daily inspections by police officers.

The only way this truck was in use was probably on a private site.

I got a delivery of sharp sand on my site in Nigeria and I looked at the inspection plate (it's there if you know what to look for) and the last year it was inspected was in 1999.

We have bad roads, a sad maintenance culture and this recipe for disaster requires extreme change.

Trucks are not funny business, very dangerous and the general population requires protection from them.
Re: Fatal Accident In Cross River State,Trailer Crushes Car And Driver Dead(photos) by Spiff20(m): 4:05pm On Oct 08, 2015
Odukpani everytime wat d crap is wrong with that road. God pls guide me through all the journeys.
Re: Fatal Accident In Cross River State,Trailer Crushes Car And Driver Dead(photos) by ucluiz: 4:12pm On Oct 08, 2015
Its tru I just passd tru d road around 1pm on my way 2 NYSC secretariat. What I don't understand is why is Odukpani associated with bad news especially accident?
Re: Fatal Accident In Cross River State,Trailer Crushes Car And Driver Dead(photos) by nobul(m): 4:31pm On Oct 08, 2015
R I p
Re: Fatal Accident In Cross River State,Trailer Crushes Car And Driver Dead(photos) by sonnie10: 5:33pm On Oct 08, 2015
ucluiz:
Its tru I just passd tru d road around 1pm on my way 2 NYSC secretariat. What I don't understand is why is Odukpani associated with bad news especially accident?

The way that part of the highway is constructed is tricky, pron to accident. First it is narrow, windy, single lane, sloppy and believe me the deep topography by the sides of that road could be distracting if not nauseating for drivers with fear of height.

Drivers need to exercise more patience on that part of the road. And more caution signs should placed there too.
Re: Fatal Accident In Cross River State,Trailer Crushes Car And Driver Dead(photos) by Abdhool(m): 6:50pm On Oct 08, 2015
Subuanallah!
inalilai waina ilayhi rajiun
Re: Fatal Accident In Cross River State,Trailer Crushes Car And Driver Dead(photos) by 123456zhao(m): 6:19am On Oct 15, 2015
the tire must be use high quality tire, like michelin, live always expensive than everyting

(1) (2) (Reply)

Dora Omoruyi Who Survived Mediterranean Shipwreck Doesn't Want To Return Nigeria / Again, Many Passengers Kidnapped On Benin-Ekpoma-Auchi Expressway In Edo / BRT Buses Are The New Molues (see PHOTOS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.