Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,256 members, 7,815,399 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:47 AM

Uplibe: A Social Library Project For Free Reading - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Uplibe: A Social Library Project For Free Reading (787 Views)

Nairaland E-library / Throwback: The British Council Library Ibadan In 1964 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Uplibe: A Social Library Project For Free Reading by senbonzakurakageyoshi(m): 2:23pm On Oct 08, 2015
So for a really long time, i've considered the question of how to improve reading amongst Nigerians and, to be frank, I don't quite have an answer yet - most Nigerians seem to be pretty stubborn about reading! However, I came up with an idea that would at least grant those that want to read greater access to more books without exactly costing them an arm and a leg. So I came up with ULibe: A social library project.

The idea behind Uplibe is to provide a platform for Nigerians to lend, borrow, give out, exchange and review books all for free. The open platform means an increased number of books available. The library allows books in every genre and of every type - hard copy or digital copy (e-books) and all types of publications including journals, magazines, reference materials and picture books.

While the site is almost ready, it won't officially launch till the 1st of November but you can pre-register at [url]upbuzzed.com[/url] so you can get notified as soon as the site is ready. Please, if you have books you don't mind sharing or giving out, we would love you to be a part of this. So far, we are starting out with a hundred books already available and we'll soon put out a form for those who want to add more books to the library.

Let's do something about Nigerians' reading culture together.

Thanks!

3 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Uplibe: A Social Library Project For Free Reading by Leopantro: 10:34pm On Oct 11, 2015
Would donate 3000+ e-novels, also have some e-magz. Love reading books but with work I don't have the time. Send a PM and I would send a link to my online store.

2 Likes

Re: Uplibe: A Social Library Project For Free Reading by Nickydrake(m): 10:38pm On Oct 11, 2015
It sounds like something. I'd be happy to be part of it.
Re: Uplibe: A Social Library Project For Free Reading by Kaycee7(m): 8:34pm On Oct 12, 2015
Signed up and following. I've got a few to trade in.
Re: Uplibe: A Social Library Project For Free Reading by senbonzakurakageyoshi(m): 9:42am On Oct 13, 2015
Leopantro:
Would donate 3000+ e-novels, also have some e-magz. Love reading books but with work I don't have the time. Send a PM and I would send a link to my online store.

shocked shocked shocked 3000!!!!! That's more than generous! Thanks!
Re: Uplibe: A Social Library Project For Free Reading by senbonzakurakageyoshi(m): 8:58pm On Oct 19, 2015
Pre-registration update!

There's recently been an issue with submitting email addresses on the pre-registration form. The issue has been fixed and you can now pre-register for the Uplibe

(1) (Reply)

I Did It Again / The Ambush - a very short illustration / Why Are Nairalanders Writer Not Completing There Story.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.