Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,526 members, 7,819,893 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:33 AM

Freshest Graduate Abeg Share Your Life After School Experience,,is It Fun? - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Freshest Graduate Abeg Share Your Life After School Experience,,is It Fun? (2269 Views)

Life After Service Is Serious In The Labour Market,these What U Need Why Serving / Life After NYSC.... Your Next Task: Get A Job OR Start Your Own Business. / Life After The NYSC: The Grim Reality! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Freshest Graduate Abeg Share Your Life After School Experience,,is It Fun? by Nobody: 2:29pm On Oct 08, 2015
abeg freshest graduate in nairaland awaiting nysc should share their experience or stori of life after school for me o,thank God my popsi get shop dats where i keep mahsef busy evryday ave frndz dat complain of boredom but i miss the freedom i always ave while in school....
Re: Freshest Graduate Abeg Share Your Life After School Experience,,is It Fun? by Lawsimon(m): 3:02pm On Oct 08, 2015
It's been very challenging. I fast and pray for 28 October to come quickly. I pray never to experience such in future, that is why I will use this one year service judiciously. I got a job in a nursery school, but the pay discouraged me because transport fare every month would have nearly consumed the salary, as my house is very far from the school. I rejected the offer because I knew that in a month I could earn close to that amount doing freelance business as I always abhor labour exploitation. As you said, boredom is the greatest challenge I'm facing. I have made up my mind, dispite what it will cause me, to learn a trade during my service year to complement what I have already. All the same, I wish every fresh graduate success and greatness.

5 Likes

Re: Freshest Graduate Abeg Share Your Life After School Experience,,is It Fun? by Bekwarra(m): 3:19pm On Oct 08, 2015
Nairabet

Well today is my birthday but I won't beg for likes unlike some people.

4 Likes

Re: Freshest Graduate Abeg Share Your Life After School Experience,,is It Fun? by Lawsimon(m): 5:06pm On Oct 08, 2015
Bekwarra:
Nairabet

Ask and it will be given, seek and you will find and knock...
Re: Freshest Graduate Abeg Share Your Life After School Experience,,is It Fun? by Nobody: 10:08pm On Oct 08, 2015
Bekwarra:
Nairabet

but u already did,,anywayz hapi bufday to you
Re: Freshest Graduate Abeg Share Your Life After School Experience,,is It Fun? by Nobody: 10:09pm On Oct 08, 2015
Lawsimon:
It's been very challenging. I fast and pray for 28 October to come quickly. I pray never to experience such in future, that is why I will use this one year service judiciously. I got a job in a nursery school, but the pay discouraged me because transport fare every month would have nearly consumed the salary, as my house is very far from the school. I rejected the offer because I knew that in a month I could earn close to that amount doing freelance business as I always abhor labour exploitation. As you said, boredom is the greatest challenge I'm facing. I have made up my mind, dispite what it will cause me, to learn a trade during my service year to complement what I have already. All the same, I wish every fresh graduate success and greatness.
i also ave same thoughts of learning one skills during dis one yr service cnt face dis boredom again
Re: Freshest Graduate Abeg Share Your Life After School Experience,,is It Fun? by Lawsimon(m): 10:29pm On Oct 08, 2015
slimchi115:
i also ave same thoughts of learning one skills during dis one yr service cnt face dis boredom again
Learning a skill during service year is the best thing that can happen to corps members given the critical and dwindling economic situation. So are you a 2015 batch B hopeful?
Re: Freshest Graduate Abeg Share Your Life After School Experience,,is It Fun? by Nobody: 10:44pm On Oct 08, 2015
Lawsimon:
Learning a skill during service year is the best thing that can happen to corps members given the critical and dwindling economic situation. So are you a 2015 batch B hopeful?
yepieeee,,#dancing shoki#
Re: Freshest Graduate Abeg Share Your Life After School Experience,,is It Fun? by Lawsimon(m): 11:02pm On Oct 08, 2015
slimchi115:
yepieeee,,#dancing shoki#
I wish you the best and I hope you make the best out of it. So where do you wish to be posted to?
Re: Freshest Graduate Abeg Share Your Life After School Experience,,is It Fun? by Nobody: 11:28pm On Oct 08, 2015
Lawsimon:
I wish you the best and I hope you make the best out of it. So where do you wish to be posted to?
south south delta to precise but unfrtunately during the nysc reg it ws only northern nigeria present but God knws the best
Re: Freshest Graduate Abeg Share Your Life After School Experience,,is It Fun? by NigPatriot(m): 11:58pm On Oct 08, 2015
Life after school has been an eye opener. Graduated July this year, I've gotten to realise several things I took for granted back in my schooling days.
Life outside school is different because you have a more daunting task of making something of yourself, expected to become less-dependent (Esp if you have parents like mine). In summary, life outside school is the "real" life and the beginning of a new phase. For those still in school I advice;
Networking; use your final year to make quality friends. Very important.
Start up something; this might end up being your source of livelihood.
Know what you want. As we hope for the best, let's also work for the best.

2 Likes

Re: Freshest Graduate Abeg Share Your Life After School Experience,,is It Fun? by Nobody: 5:36pm On Oct 09, 2015
NigPatriot:
Life after school has been an eye opener. Graduated July this year, I've gotten to realise several things I took for granted back in my schooling days.
Life outside school is different because you have a more daunting task of making something of yourself, expected to become less-dependent (Esp if you have parents like mine). In summary, life outside school is the "real" life and the beginning of a new phase. For those still in school I advice;

Quality life lessons right there.

Life after school is the real life. Everything you did in school either prepare you for that life or not.
Re: Freshest Graduate Abeg Share Your Life After School Experience,,is It Fun? by nwodoniile300: 5:54pm On Oct 09, 2015
Nigpatriot tanx for that post

1 Like

Re: Freshest Graduate Abeg Share Your Life After School Experience,,is It Fun? by gallery0519(f): 7:57pm On Oct 09, 2015
NigPatriot:
. Lucky u.............._ graduated in july,I graduated on d 23 of october 2014....*almost a year now.

Lucky u.

1 Like

Re: Freshest Graduate Abeg Share Your Life After School Experience,,is It Fun? by Lawsimon(m): 9:21pm On Oct 09, 2015
slimchi115:
south south delta to precise but unfrtunately during the nysc reg it ws only northern nigeria present but God knws the best
I Also wish to serve in Delta State
Re: Freshest Graduate Abeg Share Your Life After School Experience,,is It Fun? by akwemose: 1:09am On Oct 10, 2015
Graduated feb dis year...life after school has been quite ok...coupld with ma brkup sm mths aftr...wont lie...its been challenging.buh I am commited to bettering my self..lernt two skills already...awaitn servce in few days time....i know the best is yet to come..cos great things re happening to me already

2 Likes

Re: Freshest Graduate Abeg Share Your Life After School Experience,,is It Fun? by 2FlowZ(m): 8:57pm On Oct 10, 2015
I graduated 2012 buh serving 2015 cuz I decided to balance music wit my studies, parents didn't support d music and school sef didn't help matters. I would have gone wit 2014 buh I got a call from sch dat my o'level wasn't complete so I had to write Gce again.. Which I passed... Dis last 3years has been hell for me... I was frustrated n depressed seeing my mates in khaki Gosh painful...I decided to learn fashion design so as not to waste d years... Buh December 2014 I had a great feeling my story will change in 2015 n it did... Immediately I got my call up number I decided nothing is gonna stop me from accomplishing my dream... At camp I'm gonna be performing hopefully God will hook me up with someone to help propell my career if not d hustle goes on... Now I'm tryna make a better me in every aspect...music n fashion is my dream and I'll turn it to reality God bless us all

2 Likes

Re: Freshest Graduate Abeg Share Your Life After School Experience,,is It Fun? by akwemose: 12:22pm On Oct 11, 2015
2FlowZ:
I graduated 2012 buh serving 2015 cuz I decided to balance music wit my studies, parents didn't support d music and school sef didn't help matters. I would have gone wit 2014 buh I got a call from sch dat my o'level wasn't complete so I had to write Gce again.. Which I passed... Dis last 3years has been hell for me... I was frustrated n depressed seeing my mates in khaki Gosh painful...I decided to learn fashion design so as not to waste d years... Buh December 2014 I had a great feeling my story will change in 2015 n it did... Immediately I got my call up number I decided nothing is gonna stop me from accomplishing my dream... At camp I'm gonna be performing hopefully God will hook me up with someone to help propell my career if not d hustle goes on... Now I'm tryna make a better me in every aspect...music n fashion is my dream and
I'll turn it to reality God bless us all
Touchn story...thank God u didnt give up...like I ll awls say...d best is yet to come
Re: Freshest Graduate Abeg Share Your Life After School Experience,,is It Fun? by gentilityndu: 7:17pm On Oct 11, 2015
My dear brothers & Sisters, life after school is nothing but a second hell fire, if not planned very well before graduating from University. I came out from an average home, so right from onset I ve always expect such. I'm graduated 28th of July 2015(Anambra State University, Igbariam Campus), I studied Psychology. when I was in school I use to sew clothes in Aba and sale it in school, including Senators wear, suit, shirts and trousers. during my 1st,2nd & 3rd year, I was going to lagos and cotonu to carry cars to various part of Nigeria. The little money I saved after my graduation I had to use it to get myself a car to be running Taxi here in Abuja as i wait for my NYSC next year May. So life after school is hard. I encourage undergraduates to forget unnecessary things and think of what they can be doing after school before heading for Nysc. I wish future graduates best of luck. Love u all!!

5 Likes

Re: Freshest Graduate Abeg Share Your Life After School Experience,,is It Fun? by bidexolumanish(m): 7:28pm On Oct 12, 2015
I hav nothin else to drop since all our stories are almost dsame in one way or the other,when I was in school, I thought life after school will be funfil buh I was wrong. I graduated in June and all I could get since den is jst boredom and crazy feelings but I hope and feel everything will change to better durin and after my service year, I really don't need this kinda boredom life again...holla to all the freshest graduate in here. God bless us
Re: Freshest Graduate Abeg Share Your Life After School Experience,,is It Fun? by Welcomme: 7:20am On Oct 14, 2015
Just graduated sept dis year. Mehn, dis one month after graduation looks like hell to me. Keeping my self busy in my bro's studio (video editing) and always going out for occasion weekends for video coverage. Still looking for a school dat I can b teaching sha, just to keep my self busy.
Re: Freshest Graduate Abeg Share Your Life After School Experience,,is It Fun? by Madamspeaker(f): 7:34am On Oct 14, 2015
Hmmm, nice thread, graduated August dis year, been at home since September. Seriously, coupled with the fact that dere is no money coming in again, home have been so boring and tiring. Finally got a marketing job, although it is stressful I am just happy not to be staying at home.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Is Ur Jamb Regularization Approved? / NYSC Call Up Numbers To Be In Institution As 4rn 2day / November Allawee

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.