Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,518 members, 7,830,536 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:39 AM

See The Big Reptile Killed Beside My House This Afternoon - Nairaland / General (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / See The Big Reptile Killed Beside My House This Afternoon (52693 Views)

Massive Owl Killed In My House This Morning (pics) / The Long Snake Killed At A Poultry Farm This Afternoon / Huge Python Killed Along Lekki/epe Express Road This Afternoon (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See The Big Reptile Killed Beside My House This Afternoon by lebete3000: 2:56pm On Oct 10, 2015
aberyomi09:
I was washing cloths only to hear noise coming from the next house to mine, at first I thought the mallam gateman was being attacked, later I heard "halleluyah", I climbed my decking only to see one of them holding a crocodile.....I guess its called Anta in Yoruba

which state be dat?
Re: See The Big Reptile Killed Beside My House This Afternoon by ikp120(m): 3:28pm On Oct 10, 2015
modelboy:
bruhh undecided you lame asf
At least my point is crystal clear and thoroughly convincing.
THANK YOU!
I rest my case
Re: See The Big Reptile Killed Beside My House This Afternoon by ValerianSteel(m): 5:26pm On Oct 10, 2015
My people at it again.

You people will soon eliminate the remaining precious wildlife this country has.
Re: See The Big Reptile Killed Beside My House This Afternoon by theDEVILisHERE: 5:39pm On Oct 10, 2015
mulante:
I guess this is a monitor lizard. Sometimes i wonder how a harmless creature that has survived against all odds in the wild to become this big is put to instant death because we sometimes think its our neighbour's familiar that has come to cause us harm.

Buhari (govt. smiley) better make moves to resuscitate our zoos and reward Nigerians who donate any impressive wild animal to the nearest zoo, thereby conserving wildlife. If the thing na winch, make he turn back to human being inside the cage for the zoo.

Very soon, we'll run out of strange things to kill in this country and start killing people that speak strange languages.

Monitor lizards are not harmless
They have lots of bacteria in their bite and of recents have been dicovered to also have venom in their bite
Snakes, monitor lizards and other reptiles cannot go extinct as long as you still have lots of bushes
Re: See The Big Reptile Killed Beside My House This Afternoon by theDEVILisHERE: 5:42pm On Oct 10, 2015
Skipo212:
This is an iguana not a monitor lizard

That is a monitor lizard
Very common
Iguana's are not indegenous to this parts
Re: See The Big Reptile Killed Beside My House This Afternoon by Cotton(m): 11:52am On Oct 11, 2015
The back is dark – olive green to black – with cross bands of yellow or cream color ocelli plus additional bands on the tail. The ventral side is yellowish with gray banding. The number of ocelli bands on the body, four, or five, distinguishes V. ornatus from V. niloticus, which has from six to nine. The markings fade somewhat as the animal matures.[4][5] Ornate monitors are quite large and can grow up to two meters in length. Until 1997, they were considered a subspecies of the Nile monitor (Varanus niloticus), but then were assigned to a separate species.

They feed on crabs, insects, centipedes, and small rodents.[6] They also scavenge, feeding on carrion and dried carcasses.[4]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ornate_monitor
Re: See The Big Reptile Killed Beside My House This Afternoon by seangy4konji: 2:05pm On Oct 11, 2015
choi..

see meat

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Cobra I Killed In My Sitting Room Yesterday (Pictures) / 8ft Python Killed At Eziobodo - FUTO / Man Kept Lady's Lost Phone Safe Till She Called And Returned It

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.