Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,991 members, 7,817,917 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:55 PM

Police Corporal Shoots Driver To Death In Ogun - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Police Corporal Shoots Driver To Death In Ogun (614 Views)

Policeman Shoots Driver To Death In Port Harcourt (Graphic Photos) / Policeman Shoots Driver Dead In Ekiti Because Of N50 (Graphic Photos) / Drunk Policeman In Benue Shoots Driver, Passengers For Refusing To Greet Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Police Corporal Shoots Driver To Death In Ogun by Islie: 6:29pm On Oct 08, 2015
A police corporal in the Ogun State command, Abdullahi Yahuza, on Tuesday shot dead a commercial vehicle driver, Olumide Likinyo, at the Sagamu tollgate area on the Lagos-Benin Expressway.

The driver was conveying seven passengers and their goods from Lagos to Okitipupa in Ondo State, when the incident happened.

One of the seven passengers who witnessed the killing, Folake Egbeuwalo, said some policemen, who were around the tollgate area, had stopped the vehicle.

She said the corporal, without provocation, shot the driver dead where he was standing beside his vehicle.

Our correspondent gathered that the 42-year-old driver was survived by six children and a pregnant wife.

Egbeuwalo, who spoke at the command headquarters in Eleweran, Abeokuta, said the incident occurred at about 9.45pm.

She said, “The late driver was taking us from Lagos to Ondo State. When we got to Sagamu tollgate, the policemen on the road asked the driver to park.

“As the driver came out and stood beside the vehicle, the policeman moved to the other side of the road and shot him dead.”

A younger brother of the late driver, Solomon Likinyo, lamented the death of his older brother.

He said, “I demand to see the person that killed my brother and to know what actually happened before he was killed.”

When asked to comment on the incident during his visit to Ogun State on Wednesday, the Assistant Inspector- General of Police Zone 2 , Bala Hassan, said the policeman would face the wrath of the law.

He said, “This case is not an exception from other cases; the person will be tried as prescribed by the law.”

The Ogun State Police Public Relations Officer, Muyiwa Adejobi, said Yahuza had been arrested.

He said, “The Divisional Police Officer in the area informed the Commissioner of Police, Abdulmajid Ali, that a corporal fired at the driver of a commercial vehicle, and the driver died.

“We have arrested the corporal and he will face the full wrath of the law.

“We are going to treat the matter departmentally before he will be charged to court.”

http://www.punchng.com/metro-plus/policeman-shoots-driver-dead-in-ogun/

lalasticlala
Re: Police Corporal Shoots Driver To Death In Ogun by menix(m): 6:30pm On Oct 08, 2015
Hmm..

I hate seeing when People sympathize with the death of a Police officer, these guyz re assassins, blood thirsty wolf's in black clothing..

Police are our friends but the only I made distant friend scammed me..

If not am a christian, I will say Jesus was a police man for the Jews to have released Barabas nd crucified Jesus..
Re: Police Corporal Shoots Driver To Death In Ogun by Nobody: 6:32pm On Oct 08, 2015
He should be tried and send to jail.
Re: Police Corporal Shoots Driver To Death In Ogun by ijustdey: 6:32pm On Oct 08, 2015
these blood thirsty men in black again

what did the man do to warrant his killing now
Re: Police Corporal Shoots Driver To Death In Ogun by yanabasee(m): 6:35pm On Oct 08, 2015
F00lish set of ppl.... Anything on black....I don't get close to them...
Re: Police Corporal Shoots Driver To Death In Ogun by absoluteSuccess: 6:39pm On Oct 08, 2015
Gracious God, why?

why are trigger happy men who cannot secure a man's life but take it become costudians of guns?
Re: Police Corporal Shoots Driver To Death In Ogun by Babe2sure(f): 7:02pm On Oct 08, 2015
Karma is a strict accountant. The policeman will meet his waterloo, definitely. He murdered sleep, he will not sleep too.
Re: Police Corporal Shoots Driver To Death In Ogun by dre11(m): 9:32am On Oct 09, 2015
Someone will say

Police are your friends.... Without any cause, he gunned him down
cc lalasticlala

(1) (Reply)

Russia Being Warned Of Paying The Price Of Their Airstrikes In Syria. / BEWARE: Instagram Handle "Divas_premierstores" Is A Scammer!!! / THE POLICE: Whose Side Are They On?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.