Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,746 members, 7,809,845 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:56 PM

Please Help My Cousins Son Is SICKLE CELL. - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Please Help My Cousins Son Is SICKLE CELL. (561 Views)

Kebbi Sickle Cell Association (KESCA) Marks World Sickle Cell Day (Photos) / Sickle Cell Patient On Oxygen Dies After Power Outage In Lagos / The Oldest Person With Sickle - Asiata Onikoyi-laguda (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help My Cousins Son Is SICKLE CELL. by Nobody: 8:17pm On Oct 08, 2015
Don't know how to say it cos am not the story teller type.

Out of their foolishness, either carried away by love or whatever, they sheepishly got married with a forged genotype report.

Now yawa Don gas. Her son has drunk like 4 Pines of blood in the last 3days. The funny fact is that since all these while, she kept it secret. But now it is out of hand, they let it out just as I am typing this now.

Now let's not cry over spilled milk. My question now is, what's the next step? I heard sickle cell doesn't have cure. More over he is not so rich so as to maintain his health. And this child is about 4 years old.

So medics in the house, what advice can u give this my cousin?

Johnydon22, tempakguy, seun, etc
Ur contributions are highly needed
Re: Please Help My Cousins Son Is SICKLE CELL. by johnydon22(m): 8:35pm On Oct 08, 2015
This is why it is really important to check for genotypes before Marriage to avoid this type of problem but since it already happened i think the well fare of the little one is all that is important now..

Sickle cell can be managed a bit ..

Prevention of crisis
Provision of pain relief if crisis occur
Constant check for Anemia (lack of red blood cells)

You can find more useful information http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Sickle-cell-anaemia/Pages/Treatment.aspx

Mods please do the needful so we can reach out to the doctors in the house..

Am so sorry bro, my warm love to the little one. i have no doubt he/she will pull through..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Help My Cousins Son Is SICKLE CELL. by Nobody: 8:49pm On Oct 08, 2015
johnydon22:
This is why it is really important to check for genotypes before Marriage to avoid this type of problem but since it already happened i think the well fare of the little one is all that is important now..

Sickle cell can be managed a bit ..

Prevention of crisis
Provision of pain relief if crisis occur
Constant check for Anemia (lack of red blood cells)

You can find more useful information http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Sickle-cell-anaemia/Pages/Treatment.aspx

Mods please do the needful so we can reach out to the doctors in the house..

Am so sorry bro, my warm love to the little one. i have no doubt he/she will pull through..
thanks for ur response.
I have gone through the link. It requires frequent and steady medical attention. For how long will they continue like that?
Like I said before, they ain't financially stable.
But all in all.. We have to do what we have to do.
Re: Please Help My Cousins Son Is SICKLE CELL. by Nobody: 8:58pm On Oct 08, 2015
They should stop having kids for now. Then, Visit a genetic counsellor for extensive counselling and alternatives.

They've made their bed for a lifetime of hospital visitation and unexpected auguish deposition. I must say I am tempted to gloat and laugh at their predicament and foolishness but for the sake of the innocent child already suffering from their idiot!c setup I will softpedal a little.

Bunch of educated illiterates.

1 Like

Re: Please Help My Cousins Son Is SICKLE CELL. by thorpido(m): 9:03pm On Oct 08, 2015
Your cousin's son cannot be sickle cell.
The child is here and nothing they can do but painstaking management of the child.

People shouldn't be ignorant of this thing at this age.

2 Likes

Re: Please Help My Cousins Son Is SICKLE CELL. by Nobody: 10:13pm On Oct 08, 2015
As harsh as this may sound, I think they did a rather stupid thing forging d test results.
Now they not only have to dance to d tune of their music but also make the poor child bear d consequence.
I understand dat pple may be in love so much so they can't part even after learning they aren't compatible, but I think like e. G. Hiv victims they may choose marry each or he but with d resuresolution to not have kids at all.
We should consider d effect of our actions on our children.

1 Like

Re: Please Help My Cousins Son Is SICKLE CELL. by omron(m): 7:05am On Oct 09, 2015
I discovered a place here in ekiti its a total cure for sickle cell call me 08140726388 if u are ready beep me we. talk on phone

(1) (Reply)

Http://www.nationalhealthadvisor.com/male-perf-fr / Resolve Issues And Build A Happy Family With Expert Family Counseling Service / Diagnosed With Cancer Or Not, Stay Alive And Cancer-free With Black Seed(cummin)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.