Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,786 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:26 AM

Would You Prefer Nigeria To Be United And Underdeveloped Or Divided And.. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Would You Prefer Nigeria To Be United And Underdeveloped Or Divided And.. (1023 Views)

Why Was Nigeria Underdeveloped After 63 Years Of White Rule? / Would Ndigbo Prefer Nigeria Or Biafra? / BOOK: Nigeria Must Be Divided And Biafra Must Stand (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Would You Prefer Nigeria To Be United And Underdeveloped Or Divided And.. by Sweetguy25: 9:57pm On Oct 08, 2015
It is not uncommon to hear some Nigerian politicians say that the unity of Nigeria is non-negotiable. I heard them say this during the National conference last year and I honestly, I found it stupid and funny.

What is special about the unity of Nigeria? We are poor, wretched, almost illiterate and uneducated, undeveloped and unproductive etc.

Should we care so much about our ironic unity than core factors that matter in a meaningful society?

Which should come first - our unity or proper healthcare, security and education?
Should we sacrifice our socio-economic growth and development on the altar of keeping Nigeria together as an undivided and centrally governed country?

Why can't these same politicians come together and pronounce that quality education for all in Nigeria is non-negotiable; quality healthcare for all is non-negotiable; eradication of poverty and ensuring food security is non-negotiable etc.
But no, they would rather prefer Nigeria to be a united and wretched shithole.

Would you prefer Nigeria to be a united country while we wallow in retrogression and non-development or would you prefer to have separate entities that are developing and growing politically, socially and economically

1 Like

Re: Would You Prefer Nigeria To Be United And Underdeveloped Or Divided And.. by Nobody: 10:03pm On Oct 08, 2015
Nigeria matter tire me. Baba God we hand over this country to you, let your be done.
Re: Would You Prefer Nigeria To Be United And Underdeveloped Or Divided And.. by Nobody: 10:15pm On Oct 08, 2015
Ask the yorubas who always oppose anyone who see the need to secede with his people.

They are also there to defend the Hausa fulanis in all things and at all times.

Some are already insulting their elders who have publicly dared the British contraption with secession for the first time since 1960.

Ask them this question

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Would You Prefer Nigeria To Be United And Underdeveloped Or Divided And.. by psucc(m): 10:17pm On Oct 08, 2015
We need no mirror to read the time non our wristwatch. From all indications this country is not working.

If united it goes in flames why not divide to save the remaining?

5 Likes

Re: Would You Prefer Nigeria To Be United And Underdeveloped Or Divided And.. by anibirelawal(m): 10:25pm On Oct 08, 2015
Let time to decide........... Cos no time to watch time.......
Re: Would You Prefer Nigeria To Be United And Underdeveloped Or Divided And.. by Xcex: 10:26pm On Oct 08, 2015
The call 4 d unity of a faild nation like ours is born out of greed n fear of uncertainty from a large ratio of persons who bleives it suits n serves their purpose. The earlier dia is a breakup d beta 4 d continent(AFRICA) n its inhabitants.

3 Likes

Re: Would You Prefer Nigeria To Be United And Underdeveloped Or Divided And.. by dkronicle(m): 10:30pm On Oct 08, 2015
Ghen ghen
Re: Would You Prefer Nigeria To Be United And Underdeveloped Or Divided And.. by Nobody: 10:58pm On Oct 08, 2015
Better apart

1 Like

Re: Would You Prefer Nigeria To Be United And Underdeveloped Or Divided And.. by Duru1(m): 11:00pm On Oct 08, 2015
Divided and Developed

2 Likes

Re: Would You Prefer Nigeria To Be United And Underdeveloped Or Divided And.. by LastSurvivor: 11:25pm On Oct 08, 2015
Nigeria is cursed believe it or not..
Guess what!! The Hausas made Yorubas see Igbos as the bad blood thereby diverting their attention from the real problem of Nigeria which is the Hausas.
They "Hausas" keep dragging everybody back with them since time immemorial..
wake up Southerners!!
wake up people!!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Would You Prefer Nigeria To Be United And Underdeveloped Or Divided And.. by mikolo80: 1:43am On Oct 09, 2015
Sweetguy25:
It is not uncommon to hear some Nigerian politicians say that the unity of Nigeria is non-negotiable. I heard them say this during the National conference last year and I honestly, I found it stupid and funny.

What is special about the unity of Nigeria? We are poor, wretched, almost illiterate and uneducated, undeveloped and unproductive etc.

Should we care so much about our ironic unity than core factors that matter in a meaningful society?

Which should come first - our unity or proper healthcare, security and education?
Should we sacrifice our socio-economic growth and development on the altar of keeping Nigeria together as an undivided and centrally governed country?

Why can't these same politicians come together and pronounce that quality education for all in Nigeria is non-negotiable; quality healthcare for all is non-negotiable; eradication of poverty and ensuring food security is non-negotiable etc.

Would you prefer Nigeria to be a united country while we wallow in retrogression and non-development or would you prefer to have separate entities that are developing and growing politically, socially and economically
they are fighting for their own
you all need to fight for yours
Re: Would You Prefer Nigeria To Be United And Underdeveloped Or Divided And.. by mikolo80: 1:44am On Oct 09, 2015
Sweetguy25:

nobody owes you anything
dog eat dog world
Re: Would You Prefer Nigeria To Be United And Underdeveloped Or Divided And.. by mikolo80: 1:44am On Oct 09, 2015
Sweetguy25:

nobody owes you anything
dog eat dog world
unfortunately
survival of the fittest
Re: Would You Prefer Nigeria To Be United And Underdeveloped Or Divided And.. by mikolo80: 1:45am On Oct 09, 2015
aguiyi:
Ask the yorubas who always oppose anyone who see the need to secede with his people.

They are also there to defend the Hausa fulanis in all things and at all times.

Some are already insulting their elders who have publicly dared the British contraption with secession for the first time since 1960.

Ask them this question
oyel moni sweet na
Re: Would You Prefer Nigeria To Be United And Underdeveloped Or Divided And.. by BALLOSKI: 1:58am On Oct 09, 2015
God knows best. He made it happen in 1914, if he decides to do otherwise today, all thank goes to him.
I want to believe that no human can break Nigeria, except God.

1 Like

Re: Would You Prefer Nigeria To Be United And Underdeveloped Or Divided And.. by Nobody: 5:15am On Oct 09, 2015
BALLOSKI:
God knows best. He made it happen in 1914, if he decides to do otherwise today, all thank goes to him.

Kai yoruba...this people love one Nigeria for the benefits.

1 Like

Re: Would You Prefer Nigeria To Be United And Underdeveloped Or Divided And.. by Pavore9: 5:56am On Oct 09, 2015
If Nigeria has been destined to disintegrate, no human force can stop as it is just waiting on time. Truth be told going by what is on ground, Nigeria is working for the masses but for a few. Should we disintegrate, let it be peaceful devoid of bloodshed because we still have interests across the divides.
Re: Would You Prefer Nigeria To Be United And Underdeveloped Or Divided And.. by kingzizzy: 6:06am On Oct 09, 2015
Nigeria is a 55 year old failed British experiment. Not all endeavours will succeed despite best intentions. Marriages fail, businesses fail, partnerships fail. Let us all come together and admit that Nigeria has failed as a nation and that it is time for us to dismantle this British contraption and negotiate a peaceful withdrawal from each other.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Would You Prefer Nigeria To Be United And Underdeveloped Or Divided And.. by kingzizzy: 6:13am On Oct 09, 2015
BALLOSKI:

Don't bring God into this. It was the superior firepower of Lord Lugard and his West African Fronteer Force that created Nigeria. Lugard came, beat up and killed your ancestors in other to create Nigeria. If God wanted to create Nigeria, I doubt if he would have gone through such crude methods

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Would You Prefer Nigeria To Be United And Underdeveloped Or Divided And.. by bonechamberlain(m): 6:58am On Oct 09, 2015
exactly I don't understand all this talk about unity, must we be together, knowing fully well that Nigeria cannot develop with each region trying to pull each other down. people shout we must be united as if we would all go to heaven if we are united, division is the best for this country.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Would You Prefer Nigeria To Be United And Underdeveloped Or Divided And.. by Nobody: 7:17am On Oct 09, 2015
BALLOSKI:

God didn't make it happen; the British thugs made it happen. God created men; men determine their fate or destiny. Europeans and other advanced people are determining their own destinies; we saw it last year in Scotland and their referendum. But blacks aren't smart enough to accept what doesn't obviously work.

Nigeria breaks the moment we tell ourselves the truth that we can't live together due to our ingrained irreconcilable differences.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Would You Prefer Nigeria To Be United And Underdeveloped Or Divided And.. by Uchexxy(m): 7:26am On Oct 09, 2015
I honestly do believe we would do better as seperate entities. cultural diff will never allow naija to grow. but i understand d politicians pov, id like one naija if i was stealing d billions they are stealing too

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Would You Prefer Nigeria To Be United And Underdeveloped Or Divided And.. by pet4ril(f): 7:31am On Oct 09, 2015
Only God in heaven knows what Nigeria is passing through and what will befall it in the nearest future. ...it's not for a man to prefer /predict. But am sure good things will soon befall us by his grace
Re: Would You Prefer Nigeria To Be United And Underdeveloped Or Divided And.. by EmoBoy(m): 11:05am On Nov 09, 2015
Honestly speaking, if the country splits today, nothing changes. Each of the seceding countries will still be third world countries.

(1) (Reply)

OMG! Guys Beware, New Fake Boobs In Town! / Photos; See The Cache Of Deadly Weapons Recovered From Cattle Rustlers In Kano / BREAKING NEWS: Saraki Behind Story To Cover Up Court Of Appeals Deal To Free Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.