Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,718 members, 7,816,956 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:13 PM

Obama: What Family Is All About - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Obama: What Family Is All About (1936 Views)

State Of The Union Address Tonight By Pres Obama: What Are Your Expectations? / Saudi Royal Family Is Jewish / U.S President Barack Obama:What Is Expected Of Him? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obama: What Family Is All About by RichyBlacK(m): 4:32pm On Apr 27, 2009
ElRazur:

People seem to be taking this wrongly. I have no problem with the Obama's they owe me nothing and vice versa. However, I merely pointed an observation, which I already stated it may not be popular with some.

Anyway, ask yourself how may Families have a PR behind them? Please look up what PR people do. Finally, I am saying, they are not a true representation of what family is all about. It is more or less an image of what people want and they are giving it to the public. Apart from what you see on tv, what do you really know about them? Hence why I made an illustration about how we know more about The Simpson than the Obamas.

This argument is blatantly ridiculous!

1. How does limited knowledge of a family imply that something is wrong with the family? One would have thought that if there is limited knowledge of a family (the Simpsons being the standard - "we know more about The Simpson than the Obamas"wink then to someone without preexisting bias against the family, the lack of knowledge would not be cause for statements like "it is not a true family".

2. There are many families that we, the public, have very limited information about. How does it make any sense to then conclude that those families are "not a true representation" of what a family is?

3. How can one judge a family's trueness, in any way whatsoever, when the person clearly admits to a very limited knowledge of the said family?

4. Such a declaration that "the family does not represent a true family" would only be plausible if the person making such an assertion has some knowledge about the family that steers the family's trueness to the "not a true family" section rather than the "true family" section.

5. What is this hidden knowledge about the family that will be grounds for such an assertion? Note that this assertion is being made by a person who admits that we (including this person) have limited knowledge of the family.
Re: Obama: What Family Is All About by ElRazur: 4:37pm On Apr 27, 2009
Okay Richy I heard you. You seem to have misunderstood and twist a few words of mine, but meh. smiley

Who says something is wrong with the family? Once again you are using yorubaEnglish to translate my post.

Does your family have a PR behind it? Mine certainly don't and so is a countless others, On that basis alone, Obama is not a true representation.

I am tired of having to repeat myself. Don't worry about it Richy [Hope you don't mind I keep calling you Richy]
Re: Obama: What Family Is All About by spikedcylinder: 4:44pm On Apr 27, 2009
The fact that they have PR doesn't make them a bad family either. . . . undecided smiley
Re: Obama: What Family Is All About by ElRazur: 4:50pm On Apr 27, 2009
Who have called them a bad family? I only stated that they are not a true representation of what I would consider a family.
Re: Obama: What Family Is All About by SeanT21(f): 5:31pm On Apr 27, 2009
ElRazur:

Who have called them a bad family? I only stated that they are not a true representation of what I would consider a family.

So what is a true representation of a "family"
Re: Obama: What Family Is All About by ElRazur: 5:32pm On Apr 27, 2009
Read the blooming thread.
Re: Obama: What Family Is All About by debosky(m): 5:33pm On Apr 27, 2009
ElRazur:

Who have called them a bad family?   I only stated that they are not a true representation of what I would consider a family.

Wrong - you said they were representing what 'people' want to see, your comment wasn't in reference to your personal views.  You have said they are phony and simply stage managed to meet people's expectations and not a reflection of reality.

Now you're tweaking your statement to imply you meant they didn't meet your consideration of family. A slight but significant distinction.

I guess the Simpsons is a true representation of what you would call a 'true' family?
Re: Obama: What Family Is All About by SeanT21(f): 5:36pm On Apr 27, 2009
ElRazur:

Read the blooming thread.

NO,I demand you to tell me!! wink
Re: Obama: What Family Is All About by ElRazur: 5:42pm On Apr 27, 2009
debosky:

Wrong - you said they were representing what 'people' want to see, your comment wasn't in reference to your personal views.  You have said they are phony and simply stage managed to meet people's expectations and not a reflection of reality.

Now you're tweaking your statement to imply you meant they didn't meet your consideration of family. A slight but significant distinction.

I guess the Simpsons is a true representation of what you would call a 'true' family?

Yes they are representing what people wanted to see. The PR make sure his is highlighted more to the public. How can it be a representation of "True family" when they have a team managing their conduct in public?

I am not tweaking my statement, I merely made it clearer for people to know what I meant.

The Simpsons was used as an illustration of a point, and yes I would take them as a truer representation as they lack a PR team behind them [ Well, if you can get over the fact that they are cartoon characters off course.]

Please tell me this. Do you have a team behind you when ever you need to deal with the public? I'm guessing no. Would that not be a true representation of the majority of people? That is what I am trying to say.
Re: Obama: What Family Is All About by ElRazur: 5:43pm On Apr 27, 2009
SeanT21:

NO,I demand you to tell me!! wink

If only you are a good looking female. Pictorial evidence needed. cheesy
Re: Obama: What Family Is All About by RichyBlacK(m): 6:29pm On Apr 27, 2009
ElRazur:

Okay Richy I heard you. You seem to have misunderstood and twist a few words of mine, but meh. smiley

Who says something is wrong with the family? Once again you are using yorubaEnglish to translate my post.

Does your family have a PR behind it? Mine certainly don't and so is a countless others, On that basis alone, Obama is not a true representation.

I am tired of having to repeat myself. Don't worry about it Richy [Hope you don't mind I keep calling you Richy]

Instead of addressing my questions, you are screaming "yorubaEnglish". ROFLOL.

Simpler question for you: How does having a PR imply an "untrue" family?

The fact of the matter is that you're stereotypically biased against the Obamas. I say this because you've pointed to nothing concrete to help your argument other than the noxious view that dysfunctional families like the Simpsons are truer families than loving, organized, serene and drama-free families like the Obamas.

My guess is that you're one of those people that are unhappy with Obama's politics and you're only expressing your dislike by trying to run down this beautiful family. Sidon dia dey waste gofment time, e nor go work!
Re: Obama: What Family Is All About by ElRazur: 6:41pm On Apr 27, 2009
RichyBlacK:

Instead of addressing my questions, you are screaming "yorubaEnglish". ROFLOL.

Simpler question for you: How does having a PR imply an "untrue" family?

The fact of the matter is that you're stereotypically biased against the Obamas. I say this because you've pointed to nothing concrete to help your argument other than the noxious view that dysfunctional families like the Simpsons are truer families than loving, organized, serene and drama-free families like the Obamas.

My guess is that you're one of those people that are unhappy with Obama's politics and you're only expressing your dislike by trying to run down this beautiful family. Sidon dia dey waste gofment time, e nor go work!

No, it just gets tiring repeating myself. smiley And I honestly felt you didn't understand some of the things I posted earlier.

Again I already answered your question in my previous posts. However allow me do so again for like the 10th time or so. Does your family have a PR behind them? Do you have anyone coaching you on how to act for the camera and behave in public? Do you really have anyone employed just for that purpose? Well, I would think your answer is No. In that case, so would be millions of families. You see the majority of families do not have a Public relations team behind them, and on that basis alone Obama is not a true representation of the majority. As the over-whelming majority do not have a PR team.

So it is not wrong of me to say Obama is not a true representation of a "True family". I hope this makes more sense, as it kinda gets monotonous having to say the same things in different words every time.

Now the Simpson represent a "true family" because of lack of a PR team behind them and how much we know about them. Apart from what the media feeds you, how much did you really know about the Obamas?

I have no problem with Obama, I am happy as long as Bush is not there. So these allegations of me not "liking" Obama are just not true.
Re: Obama: What Family Is All About by RichyBlacK(m): 7:45pm On Apr 27, 2009
ElRazur:

No, it just gets tiring repeating myself. smiley And I honestly felt you didn't understand so of the things I posted earlier.

Again I already answered your question in my previous posts. However allow me do so again for like the 10th time or so. Does your family have a PR behind them? Do you have anyone coaching you on how to act for the camera and behave in public? Do you really have anyone employed just for that purpose? Well, I would think your answer is No. In that case, so would be millions of family. You see the majority of families do not have a Public relations team behind them, and on that basis alone Obama is not a true representation of the majority. As the over-whelming majority do not have a PR team.

So it is not wrong of me to say Obama is not a true representation of a "True family". I hope this makes more sense, as it kinda gets monotonous having to say the same things in different words every time.

Now the Simpson represent a "true family" because of lack of a PR team behind them and how much we know about them. Apart from what the media feeds you, how much did you really know about the Obamas?

I have no problem with Obama, I am happy as long as Bush is not there. So these allegations of me not "liking" Obama is just not true.

Okay, I see your point. But that's true for most/all families in the public limelight. The problem people had with your view was the possible interpretation of "not true" to mean "not really that good" or "bad" or "fake", etc.

It seems what you're getting at is that your use of "not true"/"not representative" was meant to be innocuous.
Re: Obama: What Family Is All About by Pataki: 8:59am On Apr 28, 2009
A family with a 'PR' equates to a false representation of a true family? Wow! Some arguments are truly amazing!!! grin
Re: Obama: What Family Is All About by spikedcylinder: 1:25pm On Apr 28, 2009
Exactly!
Like all the other past Presidents didn't have PR as well . . . . undecided
Re: Obama: What Family Is All About by ElRazur: 1:38pm On Apr 29, 2009
Pataki:

A family with a 'PR' equates to a false representation of a true family? Wow! Some arguments are truly amazing!!! grin

Have you even read the whole thread? Do your family have a PR behind it? See my last post to Richy. I can't be bothered repeating myself any more.

It is like saying the football players wages is a true representation of what the common man takes home. How can it be? When majority of the masses make in a year, what some of them makes in a week.

Yeah you are right, some people are truly amazing! You know, the types that read, but not understanding what was being said and only rush to make some cheap shot statement, Yeah those kind of people are amazing.
Re: Obama: What Family Is All About by ElRazur: 1:39pm On Apr 29, 2009
spikedcylinder:

Exactly!
Like all the other past Presidents didn't have PR as well . . . . undecided

I don't see your point. undecided I have given several examples like the Royal family etc, I really do not see what you are trying to say am afraid.
Re: Obama: What Family Is All About by blacksta(m): 7:59am On Apr 30, 2009
Elzaur

u don kolo

True Family - The Simpsons

False Family - obama

grin grin grin
Re: Obama: What Family Is All About by blacksta(m): 8:00am On Apr 30, 2009
What about the Adams Family & Jetsons are they also a true family.

lol
Re: Obama: What Family Is All About by spikedcylinder: 6:32pm On May 02, 2009
blacksta:

Elzaur

u don kolo

True Family - The Simpsons

False Family - obama
grin grin grin

Lol! grin grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Kim Jong-un Bans Mullet Hairstyles And Skinny Jeans In North Korea / Ukrainian Troops Leaving Their Positions, Dropping Weapons — Defense Ministry / #BREAKING: Hezbollah Officially Opens Northern Front Against Israel, Recent Air

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.