Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,449 members, 7,816,044 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:45 AM

Gunmen Kill 23, Destroy 295 Houses In Plateau Attack-punch - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gunmen Kill 23, Destroy 295 Houses In Plateau Attack-punch (1054 Views)

War Looming: Nigerian Army Troops Recover Weapons, Kill 23 Niger Delta Militants / EFCC Seizes Fayose's Houses In Lagos And Abuja, Quizzes Olu Falae / Tribunal Sacks Vincent Bulus In Plateau, Bans Him From Politics For Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gunmen Kill 23, Destroy 295 Houses In Plateau Attack-punch by alcmene: 2:31pm On Oct 09, 2015
Twenty three persons were killed and 295 houses destroyed during the September 15 invasion of Kadunung village in Mangu Local Government Area of Plateau State by gunmen.

Secretary of Mangu Local Government Council, Mr. John Tamba, made the disclosure in an interview with the News Agency of Nigeria in Mangu.

Tamba said 852 Internally Displaced Persons from Kadunang were being camped in three camps in Mangu.

He said 353 of them were children under five years and 36 pregnant women, and that the 852 IDPs were camped at Boto, Bwalbwang and Doss camps, all in Gindiri District of Mangu.

He said the committee that was set up by the council to assess the damage caused by the invasion also discovered that five vehicles and 10 motorcycles were burnt during the attack.

According to the secretary, the attack had put the council in “a precarious situation because we do not know how to cater for the IDPs.

“The council embarked on this assessment to know the level of damage done to Kadunung people and how the federal, state and local governments could assist the victims.

“We are appealing to the victims to remain calm as government is doing all it can to alleviate their suffering as well as rehabilitate them,” he said.

Tamba said at the initial stage of the crisis, the council provided relief materials worth over N2m to the victims.

He said the council in conjunction with SEMA and NEMA were gathering relief materials to present to the victims toward rehabilitating them.

“We will ensure that every household benefits from any assistance that may come, no matter how small,” he said.

He called on the people to remain calm and be vigilant against any form of attack.

http://www.punchng.com/news/gunmen-kill-23-destroy-295-houses-in-kadunung-attack/

Re: Gunmen Kill 23, Destroy 295 Houses In Plateau Attack-punch by INTROVERT(f): 2:31pm On Oct 09, 2015
Insecurity left, right and center.. God help Nigeria.
Re: Gunmen Kill 23, Destroy 295 Houses In Plateau Attack-punch by benedictnsi(m): 2:32pm On Oct 09, 2015
Kai sheeegee......

E no go pass boko harram people...... May be they were on their way to receive the bombs ISIS sent to them.... #just_guessing
Re: Gunmen Kill 23, Destroy 295 Houses In Plateau Attack-punch by alcmene: 2:35pm On Oct 09, 2015
Nigeria has lost it all....

Sports....

Economy

Security

Falae's farmland

We need divine intervention.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gunmen Kill 23, Destroy 295 Houses In Plateau Attack-punch by Demmocrats(m): 2:36pm On Oct 09, 2015
sad
Re: Gunmen Kill 23, Destroy 295 Houses In Plateau Attack-punch by Nobody: 3:21pm On Oct 09, 2015
Is Nigeria still a country?

You have more daily killings from Nigeria than countries at war.

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Kill 23, Destroy 295 Houses In Plateau Attack-punch by orunto27: 3:29pm On Oct 09, 2015
Fulani Herdsmen again.

2 Likes

Re: Gunmen Kill 23, Destroy 295 Houses In Plateau Attack-punch by DeltahArmy(m): 3:33pm On Oct 09, 2015
What da heck is going on in the north!!!! The government needs to do more in protecting the lives and properties of Nigerians, this nonsense has to stop.
Re: Gunmen Kill 23, Destroy 295 Houses In Plateau Attack-punch by Tunami(m): 3:34pm On Oct 09, 2015
e no go pass those hausa fulani people them, e don red for this country
Re: Gunmen Kill 23, Destroy 295 Houses In Plateau Attack-punch by likila: 3:34pm On Oct 09, 2015
this is picture of south africa police shoot rioting miners.
we peaceful gentle fulani no kill anybody on tv or camera
Re: Gunmen Kill 23, Destroy 295 Houses In Plateau Attack-punch by Nobody: 3:36pm On Oct 09, 2015
Where is omenka? The fulani lay his kinsmen to waste while he defend their actions.

Onye efulefu.

My yoruba brothers and sisters ll condemn fulani now because the plague is at their doorstep

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Kill 23, Destroy 295 Houses In Plateau Attack-punch by truefact: 3:38pm On Oct 09, 2015
Nigeria is evil and those who supported this one Nigeria evil are the devils.

2 Likes

Re: Gunmen Kill 23, Destroy 295 Houses In Plateau Attack-punch by yang(m): 3:49pm On Oct 09, 2015
the zoo in its glory

baboons are waiting to die to go to hell not knowing they are already living in one

the zoo called nigeria is a criminal enterprise
Re: Gunmen Kill 23, Destroy 295 Houses In Plateau Attack-punch by adehsenior(m): 3:54pm On Oct 09, 2015
e b like say all man for naija go begin carry gun defend himself because .......
Re: Gunmen Kill 23, Destroy 295 Houses In Plateau Attack-punch by omenka(m): 4:02pm On Oct 09, 2015
ECOTERRORS:
Where is omenka? The fulani lay his kinsmen to waste while he defend their actions.

Onye efulefu.

My yoruba brothers and sisters ll condemn fulani now because the plague is at their doorstep
Not in the mood for your trash madam. Just misplaced 55K few mins ago.

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Kill 23, Destroy 295 Houses In Plateau Attack-punch by Nobody: 4:07pm On Oct 09, 2015
omenka:
Not in the mood for you trash madam. Just misplaced 55K few mins ago.
Though you are not in my good books but I condole with you at this PMB induced hard times to loose money.

Pele

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Kill 23, Destroy 295 Houses In Plateau Attack-punch by Nobody: 4:09pm On Oct 09, 2015
omenka:
Not in the mood for you trash madam. Just misplaced 55K few mins ago.
I'm sorry but I clicked Like on your post. Dunno Y
Re: Gunmen Kill 23, Destroy 295 Houses In Plateau Attack-punch by BushidoBlue(m): 4:48pm On Oct 09, 2015
ECOTERRORS:
Though you are not in my good books but I condole with you at this PMB induced hard times to loose money.

Pele

shocked shocked shocked
Re: Gunmen Kill 23, Destroy 295 Houses In Plateau Attack-punch by oduastates: 4:52pm On Oct 09, 2015
At some point in the future , A Sovereign national conference must convened for the people of this forsaken country to self determine( not the Jonathan nonsense).
Every ethnic nation would have to decide what they want. Leave the rotten country, stay or stay under a different arrangement.
This is nothing but organised butchery.
Re: Gunmen Kill 23, Destroy 295 Houses In Plateau Attack-punch by Austin4lif: 4:54pm On Oct 09, 2015
U voted a fulani man into power and u expect him to kill his fellow fulani because of infidels or" arine" like u? U voted for change, enjoy it and thunder... Any body that voted for APC and is complaining

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Kill 23, Destroy 295 Houses In Plateau Attack-punch by Austin4lif: 4:59pm On Oct 09, 2015
omenka:
Not in the mood for your trash madam. Just misplaced 55K few mins ago.
buhari body language will return ur money.

(1) (Reply)

#I Am Nnamdi Kanu / The Best Opinion Of An Igbo Man On Biafra I've Seen So Far / Akwaibom: Tribunal Orders Election Re-run In 18 LGA Udom Emmanuel Remains Gov

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.