Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,204 members, 7,825,771 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 10:54 PM

Trust And Obey - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Trust And Obey (436 Views)

GT Bank Nigeria Salary Scale: How Much Does Guaranty Trust Pay Their Staff? / How To Apply For The Lagos State Employment Trust Fund / Who Should I Obey: My Employer Or The NLC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Trust And Obey by WuzilistiQ(m): 3:34pm On Oct 09, 2015
Trust and Obey..

As bosses, we always want our employees to obey us. To carry out our instructions without questioning.

We believe we don't owe employees any explanation or reason for anything we ask them to do. We just want them to do what we ask them to do. After all we are the bosses.

It doesn't matter whether, or not, they understand the WHY. Understanding can wait. But obedience can't.

But then, this kind of reasoning creates problems in the workplace.

Employees won't obey you if they don't trust you. They won't respect you if they aren't awed by you. And they won't sincerely and happily follow you if you haven't proven yourself.

When people hesitate to carry out our instructions in the home, office or organisations, it is often because they don't follow us, trust us. Not always because they are stubborn or because they don't love us enough.

Before obedience, there's trust. And trust is earned.

It is better to be trusted than to be loved.

Next time, when your spouse, colleague, employee or child disagrees with your instruction, it might be because of one of two reasons:

1. They don't trust you.
2. You have lost the ability to lead.

#Selah.

@richardchilee

(1) (Reply)

Your Experience On Jobs Without Job Description / Ladies Empower Your Self. Stop Complaining,help Yourself And Be An Entreprenure / Please What Business Can My Brother Fo?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.