Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,350 members, 7,822,659 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:37 PM

Torture, Abduction And Detention In Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Torture, Abduction And Detention In Nigeria (326 Views)

Children Protest El-Zakzaky's Detention In Bauchi State (Photos) / Justice Inyang Okoro's Letter To Cjn, After His Arrest And Detention By Dss / Precious Sonia Chikwendu: EFCC's Statement On The Detention Of Fani-kayode Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Torture, Abduction And Detention In Nigeria by moderation2020: 5:17pm On Oct 09, 2015
Good day to my readers worldwide.
On 1st day of September, 2015. I posted an article on the killings of Biafrans Nigerian navy and police in Onitsha, Anambra state.
It is sad and pathetic the the world has not risen to condemn the killings of unarmed civilians my Nigeria government.
After the inglorious killings of 30th August, 2015. The Nigerian police force has abducted, kidnapped and illegally detained 100s of people in Asaba in Delta state, Portharcourt in Rivers State, Aba in Abia state, and most recently, on the the 7th of October, 2015 in Enugu for listening to radio Biafra.
I therefore ask the world leaders and all of you that believes in democracy, freedom, freedom of speech, freedom of association and the rights of fellow humans to rise up and condemn this barbaric act.
It is clear for all to see that Nigeria as a state speak from both sides of her mouth.
Recently, President Mohamadu Buhari of Nigeria addressed UN general assembly on the need to recognize the state of Palestine as a free nation from Isreal...he went further to say, and I quote, "WE NEED TO REMIND OURSELVES OF THE PRINCIPLES OF FOUNDING UNITED NATIONS, AMONG THOSE ARE PHYSICAL CO-EXISTENCE AND SELF DETERMINATION OF PEOPLES. IN THIS CONTEST MR. PRESIDENT, I ADVOCATE FOR THE SELF DETERMINATION OF THE PALESTINIAN PEOPLE AND ALSO FOR THE WEST OF SAHARA, BOTH NATIONS AS JUDGED BY UN ARE QUALIFIED FOR THE ALIENABLE RIGHT, MUST NOW BE BE FULFILLED WITHOUT ANY FURTHER DELAY OR OBSTACLE..."
In my humble opinion, I expected some delegates to ask him about the issue of Biafra. But none of that happened.
The same man in person of Buhari that is campaigning for the freedom of the state of Palestine, issued orders for pro Biafra agitators to be killed, kidnapped, abducted and unlawfully detained in jails and police cells across Nigeria.
It is time the world address the issue of Biafra, because if this oppression, intimidation and wickedness continues, it will lead to violent eruption that the world can not imagine.
Nigeria government should be called to order, they can not preach democracy that is not practiced.
No freedom of speech.
No right of persons.
No freedom of association.
In conclusion, Biafra people only want their freedom. Which is God given right and it is also enshrined in the UN's chatter of the right of Indigenous People to Self determination, also contained in the AU's chatter for the right of people. And Nigeria is a signatory to these chatters.
Re: Torture, Abduction And Detention In Nigeria by DaBullIT(m): 5:41pm On Oct 09, 2015
Gimme proof of abduction

Or

Torture as related to IPOB, MASSOB, or Biafra

Ow it's propaganda

(1) (Reply)

Tough Time Awaits Ministerial Nominees / Power Supply Improved Because Of Jonathan's Policies Not Buhari's Body Language / Some Of The Effective Brain Supplements

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.