Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,667 members, 7,816,743 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:09 PM

Imo State Now A Walking Skeleton - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Imo State Now A Walking Skeleton (634 Views)

Nigeria Is Being Ruled By A Walking Corpse - Femi Fani Kayode / FFK Calls Lauretta Onochie "Ugly Duckling" & Buhari "A Walking Corpse" / Declare Kogi Oil Producing State Now - Lawmakers To Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Imo State Now A Walking Skeleton by chino11(m): 11:07pm On Oct 09, 2015
Imo state, the Eastern Heartland of Nigeria is now a walking skeleton, economically speaking, a condition that has sent nostalgic shock in the spines of Imo citizens both at home and in the Diaspora. Discoveries made have revealed a lot of financial recklessness on the part of the Chief Executive, Governor Rochas Okorocha, which has plunged the state into huge debts that put the citizens into untold hardship.
Information making the rounds revealed that the state is being run as a private and family enterprise since 2011. It was gathered that the governor has the culture of appointing only his siblings, relations and close allies into key positions without recourse to competence and quality result which can be testified in the award of contracts and the recommendations he made to Mr. President for Federal appointments for Imo citizens.
[b]The state, it was gathered is engulfed in huge debts owed banks with Zenith Bank Plc being owed over N60b, and that the Chief Executive has approached the bank again for another loan of N20b to enable him pay arrears of salaries, pensions and gratuities.
This is even as the governor is said to have diverted the state money into building castles and acquiring landed properties.
Recent information revealed that governor Okorocha has, within a space of time, purchased a private JET with identification number: LEAR JET.T-7KAA and an airplane with identification; BOMBADIER CHALLENGER 605, MYUNI.
It is no wonder then the report said, the state has not been able to meet up its financial challenges. Information is rife that the governor is seriously preparing himself for the presidential race in 2019, hence he has been making trips abroad soliciting support from international communities for his presidential ambition.
It was gathered also that the issue of job-job and industry-industry which the governor promised the people of Imo State has never futured in any of his overseas trips deals in the US, China, Singapore etc, rather the trips were a guise to transfer huge sums of foreign currencies into foreign accounts and not for searching for investors, the report said[/b]

The source also regretted that the Chief Executive while being insensitive to the plight of the people has constantly engaged in overseas trips for pleasures while leaving the running of the state in the hands of his relations and Aids.

Opinion is rife that the president, Gen. Muhammadu Buhari, being a man of zero corruption disposition should investigate the financial recklessness by Imo State government with the view of saving the people from more troubles, as the governor was said to have decided not to carry out any tangible project in Imo State in the next four years in spite of the fact that every person in Imo including widows, orphans, the jobless, disables etc. contributed money for his 2011 guber campaign.
It is therefore very disappointing and disheartening that the dear governor of the people could turn his back to the citizens he calls “My People, My People” and prefers to call them “My Slaves, My Slaves”
The man of “Bridge” should acknowledge the fact that a political culture that is predicted on the philosophy of the ‘winner-takes-it-all’ is petty and primitive.
And again, one of the qualities of a good leader is the ability of the leader to know when the people want him and when they no longer want him.
Again, according to Julius Caesar, when love begins to sicken and decay, it useth an enforced ceremony. There is no gain saying the fact that the love eyes with which Imo people saw Okorocha in 2011 are now dim and the love is sick and should need an enforced ceremony.
Methinks that the enforced ceremony would be to swallow his pride and be a servant of the people which he swore to uphold when he was enthroned as the Chief Executive Officer of the Eastern Heartland. He must try to make amends in his relationship with people who are not bloodily related to him.
He should diversify his scope of fulfilling his promises and living up to his vows and signature. He must avoid any act that presents him like King Charles II, who was known for not fulfilling his promises, circumstance which prompted Wilmot Karl of Worchester to engrave in the epitaph of the king, saying “Here lies our sovereign Lord, the king whose promises none relied on”.
Evidently, Okorocha’s first tenure gave Imo great respite in terms of holistic development-education, health, infrastructure, culture, road network etc. In fairness to Governor Okorocha, no matter how “Chinese” or “Belgium” his projects are, Imo State never had it better since late Dee Sam Mbakwe PhD left the scene of governance in Imo State.
Furthermore, Governor Okorocha should be mindful of the fact that the civil service in any nation is the litmus to measure the effectiveness and efficacy of any government. Any show down meted to the organized labour soonest spreads like wide fire and can cripple the entire society.
It is suffice to say that the governor should strive to maintain industrial harmony through purposeful dialogue and not being too rigid and boastful as his disposition in the recent past.
Okorocha must appreciate his enviable role in the new government in Nigeria under APC, he being the eye of the South-East in the APC chess board, where he is, in my thinking, a microcosm in macrocosm. He should live up to his presentation as a “bridge” between the East, West and North, and this he must not do alone, but must be like Jesus Christ who had disciples.
That was why the Gospel of the “good news” continued millions of years after Christ left this earth. One man squad is anti-productive.
In conclusion, people must try to be patient with their leaders and pray God to soften the heart of a hard hearted leader.
I am optimistic that Governor Okorocha would remember the circumstances that surrounded his victory in 2011 and if he does, he would rise up to the challenges before him now, so that when he calls “My People, My People”, Imo citizens will not be shy in responding “My Governor, My Governor”

http://nigerianewspoint.com/grounding-imo-economy-okorochas-dwindling-fame/
Re: Imo State Now A Walking Skeleton by akom0908(m): 11:52pm On Oct 09, 2015
Today is my birthday,if u want to celebrate your next birthday,gimme likes

(1) (Reply)

Ministerial Nominees: Senate Screens Audu Ogbe, Lai Mohammed, 8 Others Today / Must Read To Those Bashing Osinbajo's Move To Ukraine But Not Russia For Arms / Nnamdi Kanu’s Arrest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.