Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,068 members, 7,818,183 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:44 AM

NDLEA Foils Another Dollar-smuggling Ring, Traces N226m Drug Money (Pictures) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / NDLEA Foils Another Dollar-smuggling Ring, Traces N226m Drug Money (Pictures) (22175 Views)

Nigerian Couple Caught With Heroine, Cocaine and drug money in india / Jealous Lover Traces Cheating Girlfriend To Hotel, Damages Property / RRS Foils Kidnap Attempt Of Two Year-Old Boy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

NDLEA Foils Another Dollar-smuggling Ring, Traces N226m Drug Money (Pictures) by ijustdey: 8:07am On Oct 10, 2015
An attempt by a passenger to smuggle 23 wraps containing $US34,000 has been foiled by the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA), the agency’s Head of Public Affairs, Ofoyeju Mitchell, said in a press statement.

An attempt by a passenger to smuggle 23 wraps containing $US34,000 has been foiled by the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA), the agency’s Head of Public Affairs, Ofoyeju Mitchell, said in a press statement.
The suspect, Ozoh Ikenna, was arrested at the Murtala Mohammed International Airport (MMIA) Lagos, on his way to Brazil. The money was detected during the screening of passengers for an Etihad Airways flight to Abu Dhabi packed in wraps and concealed in his boxer shorts.

NDLEA airport commander, Ahmadu Garba said that the arrest was facilitated by a scanning machine. “We also conducted a follow-up operation where one Ogbo Emmanuel who gave Ozoh the $34,000 dollars was arrested,” he stated.

Investigation by the Assets and Financial Investigation Directorate headed by Mrs Victoria Egbase revealed that the suspects were involved in the laundering of substantial amounts of illicit drug proceeds.

“We were able to trace over two hundred and twenty-six million Naira (N226,000,000) to one bank account belonging to the second suspect, Ogbo Emmanuel,” she said. “The account name is Eternal God International Limited”.

Ogbo Emmanuel hails from Umunya in Oyi Local Government Area of Anambra State. After his primary and secondary education, he travelled to Onitsha to learn the automobile parts business. In 1996, he relocated to Lagos. In 2005, he left Nigeria for Gambia in search of greener pastures. While in Gambia, he travelled to Germany twice to purchase fairly used electronics. He returned to Lagos in 2008 and has been dealing in cosmetic business at the Trade Fair Complex.

In his statement, Ozoh said that he was only a courier. “I [have lived] in Brazil since 2008,” he stated. “I was paid to smuggle the $34,000 to Brazil. They promised to pay me five per cent. I agreed to smuggle the money to alleviate my financial hardship. I could not swallow the wraps so I decided to hide it in my underpants.”

It was also discovered that suspected drug proceeds were regularly deposited in the said bank account by members of an international drug cell that smuggles cocaine from South America to West Africa. Investigations also revealed that the cosmetic business of Ogbo Emmanuel at the Trade Fair Complex Lagos was a mere hoax, as his sales records did not justify the large inflow of money into his bank account. A Hyundai Tucson Jeep was seized as an exhibit during the raid operation.

The Chairman/Chief Executive of the NDLEA, Ahmadu Giade, said that the agency was strategically targeting criminal wealth.

“Asset forfeiture is one of the effective ways of responding to organised crime threats,” he stated. “We are working assiduously to trace and confiscate criminal wealth of drug syndicates. Strategic efforts are on-going to prevent the entry of drug proceeds into legitimate economy and criminal financing.”

The NDLEA boss assured members of the public that in view of the overwhelming evidence linking the money to narcotics, the agency will diligently prosecute the suspects. Effort is also being made to apprehend other members of the drug cell.

http://saharareporters.com/2015/10/09/ndlea-foils-another-dollar-smuggling-ring-traces-n226m-drug-money

Picture 1: the seized money
Picture 2&3 the suspects

lalasticlala

2 Likes

Re: NDLEA Foils Another Dollar-smuggling Ring, Traces N226m Drug Money (Pictures) by JewelRegi(f): 8:09am On Oct 10, 2015
Gud job.

FTC

I Dedicate this to all d peeps I initiated into NL and d ones who challenged me to FTC saga
#introvet #LadyF

2 Likes

Re: NDLEA Foils Another Dollar-smuggling Ring, Traces N226m Drug Money (Pictures) by BlackrulesDworld(m): 8:11am On Oct 10, 2015
Ok
Re: NDLEA Foils Another Dollar-smuggling Ring, Traces N226m Drug Money (Pictures) by Mologi(m): 8:34am On Oct 10, 2015
Most Nigerians foolishly hustle with their brain in their anus.You are doing an illegal business but you spend as if you work at CBN.Even if u make money well,you try and do it secretely.

But this man has work hard but not wise,
And he must dance to the tune of the law.

11 Likes

Re: NDLEA Foils Another Dollar-smuggling Ring, Traces N226m Drug Money (Pictures) by libertyfather(m): 8:38am On Oct 10, 2015
Hustling
Re: NDLEA Foils Another Dollar-smuggling Ring, Traces N226m Drug Money (Pictures) by orisa37: 9:07am On Oct 10, 2015
Welldone NDLEA for stopping another Biafran style for funding their Biafran Project.

39 Likes

Re: NDLEA Foils Another Dollar-smuggling Ring, Traces N226m Drug Money (Pictures) by LEXYCOM: 10:57am On Oct 10, 2015
See packaging of dollar
Re: NDLEA Foils Another Dollar-smuggling Ring, Traces N226m Drug Money (Pictures) by damton(m): 1:35pm On Oct 10, 2015
The love for money is the root of all evil. SAY NO TO DRUGS.

6 Likes

Re: NDLEA Foils Another Dollar-smuggling Ring, Traces N226m Drug Money (Pictures) by warrior01: 1:36pm On Oct 10, 2015
See wetin Buhari cause

2 Likes

Re: NDLEA Foils Another Dollar-smuggling Ring, Traces N226m Drug Money (Pictures) by OCTAVO: 1:36pm On Oct 10, 2015
Hmmmmmmmm
Re: NDLEA Foils Another Dollar-smuggling Ring, Traces N226m Drug Money (Pictures) by joystickextendr: 1:37pm On Oct 10, 2015
nawa o
Re: NDLEA Foils Another Dollar-smuggling Ring, Traces N226m Drug Money (Pictures) by LivingDiamond(m): 1:37pm On Oct 10, 2015
Abeg, someone help me check the name b4 i comment, hope say na dem dem because dey neva disappoint in deals like dis...

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: NDLEA Foils Another Dollar-smuggling Ring, Traces N226m Drug Money (Pictures) by bornmekus: 1:38pm On Oct 10, 2015
Ok

11 Likes

Re: NDLEA Foils Another Dollar-smuggling Ring, Traces N226m Drug Money (Pictures) by moneybag100: 1:38pm On Oct 10, 2015
Hmmm...nothing to say than only God can deliver this PEOPLE from this get rich quick Curse.

2 Likes

Re: NDLEA Foils Another Dollar-smuggling Ring, Traces N226m Drug Money (Pictures) by jomoh: 1:39pm On Oct 10, 2015
No wonder Naira cannot be stabilised. Even CBN cannot ascertain the amount of Dollars in circulation to know how much Naira to pump or withdraw.

“Asset forfeiture is one of the effective ways of responding to organised crime threats,” he stated. “We are working assiduously to trace and confiscate criminal wealth of drug syndicates. Strategic efforts are on-going to prevent the entry of drug proceeds into legitimate economy and criminal financing."

Well Yahoo boiz should get ready. They may be next on the list.
Re: NDLEA Foils Another Dollar-smuggling Ring, Traces N226m Drug Money (Pictures) by AnanseK(m): 1:39pm On Oct 10, 2015
SE and Criminal wealth are inseparable. Ozoh Ikenna is even posing for the NDLEA picture.

14 Likes

Re: NDLEA Foils Another Dollar-smuggling Ring, Traces N226m Drug Money (Pictures) by seunlayi(m): 1:40pm On Oct 10, 2015
PLEASE LEAVE ANY TRIBAL SENTIMENT OUT OF THIS. IT CAN HAPPEN TO ANYBODY FROM ANY TRIBE

4 Likes

Re: NDLEA Foils Another Dollar-smuggling Ring, Traces N226m Drug Money (Pictures) by poshest(f): 1:40pm On Oct 10, 2015
name checkers food don done o

3 Likes

Re: NDLEA Foils Another Dollar-smuggling Ring, Traces N226m Drug Money (Pictures) by laurel03(m): 1:40pm On Oct 10, 2015
See their flat head.... #everything na hustling for dr side...
Nna what are you doing for a living..??. Ans-- I be Importer and exporter oo... Chikeson Int Limited, Chuksco Venture, Emekus global biz etc all na wash

4 Likes

Re: NDLEA Foils Another Dollar-smuggling Ring, Traces N226m Drug Money (Pictures) by 190theclown: 1:40pm On Oct 10, 2015
how did i get here
Re: NDLEA Foils Another Dollar-smuggling Ring, Traces N226m Drug Money (Pictures) by idu1(m): 1:40pm On Oct 10, 2015
NDLEA are trying
Re: NDLEA Foils Another Dollar-smuggling Ring, Traces N226m Drug Money (Pictures) by laurel03(m): 1:41pm On Oct 10, 2015
orisa37:
Welldone NDLEA for stopping another Biafran style for funding their Biafran Project.
when they get the Biafra I sure they will start planting Opium in their country....

6 Likes

Re: NDLEA Foils Another Dollar-smuggling Ring, Traces N226m Drug Money (Pictures) by winniz: 1:42pm On Oct 10, 2015
Operatives of the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency at the Murtala Mohammed international Airport have arrested a South-African-based Nigerian Ayoola Adebayo with 3.920kg of Substance found to be methamphetamine.

A statement by the agency spokesperson, Mr Mitchell Ofoyeju, on Friday stated that the drugs was concealed in false bottom of the two bags the suspect wanted to check-in at the departure hall.

It added that the arrest took place during the outward screening of Passengers on the Ethiopian airline flight to South Africa.

The suspect, who is married with two children and holds a higher National diploma in Estate Management from Osun State College of Technology in 2006, said he made a mistake getting involved in drug Trafficking saying he never knew he would be caught.

https://www.nairaland.com/2655575/ndlea-arrests-south-african-based-Nigerian

5 Likes

Re: NDLEA Foils Another Dollar-smuggling Ring, Traces N226m Drug Money (Pictures) by laserjet: 1:43pm On Oct 10, 2015
I don know say Igbo pple.

They never disappoint me!

6 Likes

Re: NDLEA Foils Another Dollar-smuggling Ring, Traces N226m Drug Money (Pictures) by shidof(m): 1:48pm On Oct 10, 2015
Jst here to check d name,i wasn't dissapointed.Awon omo ati oko wa ba ile je. Eko oni baje oo.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: NDLEA Foils Another Dollar-smuggling Ring, Traces N226m Drug Money (Pictures) by Nobody: 1:50pm On Oct 10, 2015
igbo again?

2 Likes

Re: NDLEA Foils Another Dollar-smuggling Ring, Traces N226m Drug Money (Pictures) by Yhinkss(m): 1:50pm On Oct 10, 2015
Ofcourse crime is their birthrite

2 Likes

Re: NDLEA Foils Another Dollar-smuggling Ring, Traces N226m Drug Money (Pictures) by menix(m): 1:50pm On Oct 10, 2015
Mastercard new limit is $300 nd $700 pos nd online..

Funding Dorm account is no longer possible.

Why won't he smuggle money abii person wey neva get the exact goods nd contact of the seller fit do Form A, Big NO!!!!

1 Like

Re: NDLEA Foils Another Dollar-smuggling Ring, Traces N226m Drug Money (Pictures) by seunny4lif(m): 1:51pm On Oct 10, 2015
Na name I come check oooh grin grin
World association of name checkers grin grin

Togo branch grin grin

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Operatives Arrest Baby Factory Owner Child Traffickers (Picture) / South African Man Kills His 42-year-old Girlfriend (Photo) / 7 Nigerians Arrested In India For Drug Trafficking

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.