Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,465 members, 7,812,422 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:07 PM

My Opinion: Babatunde Raji Fashola Vs Stella Oduah - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Opinion: Babatunde Raji Fashola Vs Stella Oduah (3462 Views)

Raji Fashola Visits Governor Fayose (Photos) / Babatunde Raji Fashola Trends On Twitter Worldwide / Official Press Statement By Former Governor Raji Fashola On Website Allegations (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Opinion: Babatunde Raji Fashola Vs Stella Oduah by obailala(m): 5:05pm On Oct 10, 2015
OnReflection:

While I am not going out on limb to shore up Fashola's defence, it is important we acknowledge the emboldened statement in your post has not been proven.
What other prove do you want to confirm that a website developed with N78m or two borehole sunk with more than a hundred million naira are inflated?

What other prove do you need to know that the price of a bullet proof bmw bought for N125m per piece was inflated?
Re: My Opinion: Babatunde Raji Fashola Vs Stella Oduah by moyinoluwabun(m): 5:05pm On Oct 10, 2015
handsomeclouds:
I would rather you keep quite than spew inconsequential trash. You are the one with a paymaster wailing wailer.
What do you intend to achieve than create hate for Fashola
Fucktard_
see u! I expect u to say fashola didn't inflate contract than calling someone names. U just proved to all readers of this thread that u were only spreading hatred when u were tackling oduah.

2 Likes

Re: My Opinion: Babatunde Raji Fashola Vs Stella Oduah by OnReflection: 5:10pm On Oct 10, 2015
obailala:
What other prove do you want to confirm that a website developed with N78m or two borehole sunk with more than a hundred million naira are inflated?

What other prove do you need to know that the price of a bullet proof bmw bought for N125m per piece was inflated?

Do you have any specific details on the bore holes in question? Or is the case that you consider tangible facts immaterial?

#32 of 40
Stop Public Defecation To Preserve Underground Water
Governor Babatunde Fashola (SAN)
4 June 2013 12:00 pm

Most of the waters we need to survive as a people today is not the water from Lagoon or the water at the bar beach, it is water under the ground.

Most of us who defecate and urinate on the ground contaminate the underground water. So in few years, your children may be drinking your urine.

That is the reality. In a few years, your children may be drinking water containing some of your own waste. So we must stop polluting the groundwater. Stop dumping refuse in water body, as it will come back to hurt us.

We are not saying don't drill bore hole, we are saying get information before doing it. We are saying one borehole may be enough for a whole street, don't drill 20. We can share to preserve water.

Water means many things to many people. For some it is a business. What we call "pure water", how pure is it? I don't know but it provides money to sustain life.

For some people it is also a resource, manufacturers rely on a lot of water to get so many things out with which we get on with life. For us on this side, it is a critical component necessary for us to discharge public responsibility to save lives and public property.

Water is an important part of our public strategy. Its management is important in our security and defense system.

www.tundefashola.com

Does it not make more sense to you to go after more granular information, before drawing hard and fast conclusions?
We saw documents during the Stella Oduah saga...if you have anything other than the one page spreadsheet we have seen for Fashola's case, then please share it.
Re: My Opinion: Babatunde Raji Fashola Vs Stella Oduah by moyinoluwabun(m): 5:14pm On Oct 10, 2015
OnReflection:

Do you have any specific details on bore holes in question? Or is the case that you consider tangible facts immaterial?

you're quoting from a website that cost lagosians 78million naira. Naija youth na wah ooo

1 Like

Re: My Opinion: Babatunde Raji Fashola Vs Stella Oduah by OnReflection: 5:17pm On Oct 10, 2015
moyinoluwabun:
you're quoting from a website that cost lagosians 78million naira. Naija youth na wah ooo

I would rather deal with facts and not conjecture.

What Did LASG Get For the alleged “N78M”?

N12.5m was quoted for the upgrade of the www.tundefashola.com web site, which includes complete re-design of all the hundreds of page templates. Meanwhile, the LASG spent less than N10m on this and not N78M being bandied on the social around.

Info Access Plus Limited will provide free technical support for the entire life cycle of the web site.

Info Access Plus Limited will manage the contents of the site, which consist of press releases, speeches, photos, videos, etc for one year.

Info Access Plus Limited developed and managed the first and only web-based 1-year Countdown Clock to May 29, 2015 on a 24-hourly basis off the back of this same service cost for a period of 1 year from 2014 to May 29, 2015.

Info Access Plus Limited developed mobile apps for the top four platforms, namely Apple iOS, Google Play, Microsoft Windows Phone 8 and Blackberry World off the back of this same service cost.

Info Access Plus Limited will provide free technical support throughout the life cycles of all these mobile apps also off the back of this same service cost.

Source: http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/188050-it-firm-denies-receiving-n78-million-for-fasholas-website.html
Re: My Opinion: Babatunde Raji Fashola Vs Stella Oduah by saint047(m): 5:20pm On Oct 10, 2015
"Amaechi no get respect"
"Why GEJ go treat Governor like that"

"Enyeama no respect the coach"
"Why Oliseh go treat senior player like that"
Re: My Opinion: Babatunde Raji Fashola Vs Stella Oduah by Nichobabe(m): 5:28pm On Oct 10, 2015
moyinoluwabun:
Good Morning everyone, I woke up this morning with the thought that Fashola was nominated as Minister, while some were against him, some other people supported him but what got me disappointed was that those who demanded for the sack of stella Oduah due to the then bullet proof car scandal were those supporting Fashola to become minister now. My question is, what's the difference between Fashola's website/borehole/car park scandal and stella Oduah's bullet proof car scandal? If you're of the thought that Fashola did a lot in lagos while he was governor would u now say stella did nothing when she was a minister?
My conclusion, let the hammer of anti-corruption hit anyone irrespective of political party that steal from our common wealth even if it's a penny.

http://thenewsnigeria.com.ng/2015/08/trending-fasholas-n78-3-million-website-scandal/

http://www.punchng.com/news/n255m-car-scandal-presidential-panel-indicts-oduah/
Cc: lalasticlala

OP you are right and well said. That's the problem of Nigerians double standard. Please OP kindly do the needful and petition EFCC and let see how PMB will cover it up
Re: My Opinion: Babatunde Raji Fashola Vs Stella Oduah by ayindejimmy(m): 5:40pm On Oct 10, 2015
IsraeliAIRFORCE:

The problem with both contracts are inflation of price and no difference.

No. There's a difference
Fashola's was legal but not morally right

Uduah's was illegal and also not morally right.

The issue with fashola is that when you've been diligent to an extent, some of ur misdemeanor can be forgotten. Fashola really "worked" in Lagos according to Nigerian standard

But Uduah... I didn’t see anything significant she did has Aviation Minister. Maybe you can help me?
Re: My Opinion: Babatunde Raji Fashola Vs Stella Oduah by moyinoluwabun(m): 5:58pm On Oct 10, 2015
OnReflection:

I would rather deal with facts and not conjecture.

Source: http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/188050-it-firm-denies-receiving-n78-million-for-fasholas-website.html
thanks bro. D firm got 10 million payment but the money released was 78million. That means 68million is inside someone's pocket. And if truly d amount approved was 10 million, let lasg make a statement and tell what was posted on their site was an errror.
Re: My Opinion: Babatunde Raji Fashola Vs Stella Oduah by moyinoluwabun(m): 6:01pm On Oct 10, 2015
ayindejimmy:

No. There's a difference

The issue with fashola is that when you've been diligent to an extent, some of ur misdemeanor can be forgotten. Fashola really "worked" in Lagos according to Nigerian standard

But Uduah... I didn’t see anything significant she did has Aviation Minister. Maybe you can help me?

from what I deduce from ur point. We shouldn't mind if someone embezzle in as much it's legal and those who are not upright morally can kee leading in as much they're getting some jobs done.
Re: My Opinion: Babatunde Raji Fashola Vs Stella Oduah by ayindejimmy(m): 6:59pm On Oct 10, 2015
moyinoluwabun:
from what I deduce from ur point. WE SHOULDN'T MIND if someone embezzle in as much it's legal and those who are not upright morally can kee leading in as much they're getting some jobs done.

You should, if it'll make any difference
But why do u wanna make me?

This is the situation we find ourselves .
All Nigerians Politicians are corrupt and of the worst form.
And I've always argued that in the world standard, fashola is a bad politician.

But by Nigerian standard, he's a good politician

1 Like

Re: My Opinion: Babatunde Raji Fashola Vs Stella Oduah by IsraeliAIRFORCE: 7:29pm On Oct 10, 2015
ayindejimmy:

No. There's a difference

Is like you have been engrossed in so much propaganda and lies that you pride yourself in half truth and misinformation.

What makes Oduah's case illegal? Presidential committee that probe the contract said it's legal but that the amount just needed Executive Council approval but NCAA argued that with the payment arrangement spread within six years with First Bank hence the amount is still within her limit of authorization and permissible.

Your last statement is the most stupid question ever made on Nairaland Board borne out of ignorance and bigotry notwithstanding that her achievements are everywhere in pictures including international agreements and total radar coverage of Nigerian territory.

Don't even bother replying me because you stink of hypocrisy.

2 Likes

Re: My Opinion: Babatunde Raji Fashola Vs Stella Oduah by Sibrah: 8:34pm On Oct 10, 2015
I will love an Ameachi vs Uduaghan thread regarding Ameachi Ministerial nomination.
Let's compare Ameachi state allocation, schools, Healthcare, Road, and Recurrent expenditure to Uduaghan own. Also let's compare Wike's probe pattern to Buhari probe pattern. Ameachi nomination is a no-brainer.... Just saying!
Re: My Opinion: Babatunde Raji Fashola Vs Stella Oduah by maxtamazin: 8:46pm On Oct 10, 2015
obailala:
Both cases of inflated contracts are condemnable, however may I remind you that Fashola did his without breaking the law; Fashola got an approval from the state assembly so what he did might have been morally wrong but it wasnt illegal.

On the other hand, Oduah did not get the budget approval from the NASS for those cars but she still went ahead and bought them at a price which was eventually even above the price she presented to the NASS in the first instance which was even rejected. In summary, Oduah made illegal extra-budgetary expenses.

Hopefully, you now see the difference between both cases?... If Nigeria was a sane country, she should be in prison today.

Any inflated contract is illegal, Fashola was morally wrong and he has committed a crime.
Re: My Opinion: Babatunde Raji Fashola Vs Stella Oduah by ayindejimmy(m): 9:26pm On Oct 10, 2015
IsraeliAIRFORCE:

[Is] like you have been engrossed in so much propaganda and lies that you pride yourself in half truth and misinformation.

What makes Oduah's case illegal? Presidential committee that probe the contract said it's legal but that the amount just needed Executive Council approval but NCAA argued that with the payment arrangement spread within six years with First Bank hence the amount is still within her limit of authorization and permissible.

Your last statement is the most stupid question ever made on Nairaland Board borne out of ignorance and bigotry notwithstanding that her achievements are everywhere in pictures including international agreements and total radar coverage of Nigerian territory.

The lack of adequate punctuations, coupled with you not knowing the difference between "it's" and "Is" made ur quote ambiguous.
However, I'll ignore ur tirade of insults simply because I'm too polished to stoop so low.

What makes uduah's case illegal was that she was indicted.

www.louisdike.com/2014/01/presidential-panel-finally-indicts.html?m=1

On uduah's achievement.
Just try juxtaposing it with fashola's own and let's see which has greater and higher impact.
Mind you, fashola was elected while Uduah was appointed
Re: My Opinion: Babatunde Raji Fashola Vs Stella Oduah by Nobody: 10:24pm On Oct 10, 2015
OnReflection:
When are TANoids going to learn to marshal the right arguments?

Source: http://www.punchng.com/news/lagosians-in-highbrow-areas-may-be-drinking-own-faeces-investigation/

Source: Daily Trust

Screen shot attached taken from 'The Drilling Environment and Establishing a Drillers Association in Nigeria: Summary Report October 2007'. 2007 Prices quoted include of 'drilling, pump, generator, overhead tank supply and installation'.

I dare any one of you dimwits to advance your "my daddy said" logic, once more. angry

fashola na thief.
Re: My Opinion: Babatunde Raji Fashola Vs Stella Oduah by Nobody: 10:33pm On Oct 10, 2015
themilanway:
There was evidence in form of reciepts and invoice showing Stella actually paid for those cars.

Do you have evidence that fashola embezlled those monies?

It's called mental problem.
Re: My Opinion: Babatunde Raji Fashola Vs Stella Oduah by Nobody: 10:34pm On Oct 10, 2015
obailala:
Both cases of inflated contracts are condemnable, however may I remind you that Fashola did his without breaking the law; Fashola got an approval from the state assembly so what he did might have been morally wrong but it wasnt illegal.

On the other hand, Oduah did not get the budget approval from the NASS for those cars but she still went ahead and bought them at a price which was eventually even above the price she presented to the NASS in the first instance which was even rejected. In summary, Oduah made illegal extra-budgetary expenses.

Hopefully, you now see the difference between both cases?... If Nigeria was a sane country, she should be in prison today.

Yaba left back gate is open.
Re: My Opinion: Babatunde Raji Fashola Vs Stella Oduah by nigerianvenom(m): 11:09pm On Oct 10, 2015
moyinoluwabun:
thanks bro. I'm only baffled how we say some people should be set free on same offence where we've asked someone to be crucified.

Now d are clamouring for ameachi to be niger delta minister even with the corruption on his neck. So many things baffles me.
Re: My Opinion: Babatunde Raji Fashola Vs Stella Oduah by obailala(m): 1:37am On Oct 11, 2015
chuna1985:

Yaba left back gate is open.
Is that where you escaped from? grin grin cheesy
Re: My Opinion: Babatunde Raji Fashola Vs Stella Oduah by Nobody: 5:11am On Oct 11, 2015
Yoruba are demonic cowards
Re: My Opinion: Babatunde Raji Fashola Vs Stella Oduah by OnReflection: 5:16am On Oct 11, 2015
chuna1985:

fashola na thief.

Another unhinged individual, who is clearly incapable of advancing rational arguments.
Re: My Opinion: Babatunde Raji Fashola Vs Stella Oduah by OnReflection: 5:18am On Oct 11, 2015
CuckoldMaster:
Yoruba are demonic cowards

^^^So says an unabashed nincompoop.
Re: My Opinion: Babatunde Raji Fashola Vs Stella Oduah by OnReflection: 5:23am On Oct 11, 2015
moyinoluwabun:
thanks bro. D firm got 10 million payment but the money released was 78million. That means 68million is inside someone's pocket. And if truly d amount approved was 10 million, let lasg make a statement and tell what was posted on their site was an errror.

Like I said earlier, provide incontrovertible evidence of your allegations and let's have a sensible discussion.
Anything short of this lends itself to character assassination.

Fashola's own statement
...One of the services was an “upgrade” quoted for N12.5 million but awarded for N12 million. There were other services that were new; like a handover countdown clock, mobile Apps for Google, for IOS and ipad, for Microsoft, and for Research in Motion (Blackberry), which the existing website did not have, as well as the annual maintenance cost for managing the website.

It was for all these services that the contract was issued for N78 million, which the Lagos State procurement agency gave a No Objection based on the advice of the Ministry of Science and Technology, who are the Government adviser on ICT matters. In publishing this Contract award which was the Government tradition under my watch, the procurement agency’s website summarised it as “upgrade” only without detailing the other services and this has been distorted by the agents of hate as their suspected “smoking gun”.

For those who are familiar with mobile Applications, they will know that users either pay for them online or download them for free. What is usual is that applications for service are usually provided to users free, but somebody bears the cost. Since these applications were to be made available to the public for free access and to assist Government communication, we decided to pay for them. The entire documents are with the Lagos State Government and are available for those who seek the truth.
Source: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/08/when-you-wrestle-with-a-pig-fashola/
Re: My Opinion: Babatunde Raji Fashola Vs Stella Oduah by TonyeBarcanista(m): 5:37am On Oct 11, 2015
The group that was calling for the head of Princess Oduah when she spent N260million on TWO cars in 2013 is the same group that defended Fashola for spending N78million on personal website. The group that defended Oduah then is the same group that has been calling for Fashola's head. Are both groups not confused and contradicting themselves? Is it proper to support misconduct when it suits us and oppose same when it doesn't?

In addition, both amount to contract inflation and are condemnable.
Re: My Opinion: Babatunde Raji Fashola Vs Stella Oduah by aresa: 5:49am On Oct 11, 2015
IsraeliAIRFORCE:

Is like you have been engrossed in so much propaganda and lies that you pride yourself in half truth and misinformation.

President Goodluck Jonathan fired Nigeria’s former aviation minister, [b]Stella Oduah, indicted in multiple corruption cases, in response to an overwhelming local and international pressure, spiced by an unprecedented campaign by fellow cabinet members, PREMIUM TIMES has reliably learnt.

presidential panel that investigated her for corruption led the effort to convince Mr. Jonathan to fire her.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/155086-ministers-presidential-panel-pressured-jonathan-sack-indicted-aviation-minister-stella-oduah.html

She was not only indicted for corruption, she was sacked because of too many corruption cases against her.

The same presidential panel you lied saw nothing illegal was found against her actually not only saw more than enough acts of corruption, they actually recommended for her to be sacked by the same GEJ aka protector and supporter of corrupt public officials.

On the other hand, theirs not a single case of corruption against Fashola, no indictment and the talk about too much money on a website is just talk and basically an opinion and if I might add, the state legislature approved his budgets and spending so send your concern to the state legislature.

Bottom line-

Stella Oduah was indicted and sacked accordingly.

BRF is yet to be indicted for anything.

This is common sense, but many of you are too consumed with whatever societal maladies that afflicts you hence making thoughtless and ignorant statements...
Re: My Opinion: Babatunde Raji Fashola Vs Stella Oduah by Nobody: 5:51am On Oct 11, 2015
See evil yoruba cowards. Snakes
Re: My Opinion: Babatunde Raji Fashola Vs Stella Oduah by Nobody: 6:45am On Oct 11, 2015
OnReflection:

Another unhinged individual, who is clearly incapable of advancing rational arguments.

I can't be rational with issues concerning a common thief.
Re: My Opinion: Babatunde Raji Fashola Vs Stella Oduah by Nobody: 6:48am On Oct 11, 2015
obailala:
Is that where you escaped from? grin grin cheesy

Re: My Opinion: Babatunde Raji Fashola Vs Stella Oduah by OperationIgrigi: 7:42am On Oct 11, 2015
moyinoluwabun:
wetin u dey talk, we dey talk say make every thief comot corridor of power u dey yarn yoruba/hausa/igbo. Tell me which teribe wey no get corrupt politician?

**grins** But your buhari say na abooki no dey corrupt, na southerners like me and you corrupt. "Abacha was not corrupt"- Buhari 2015. grin
Re: My Opinion: Babatunde Raji Fashola Vs Stella Oduah by IsraeliAIRFORCE: 11:44am On Oct 11, 2015
aresa:

[s]

She was not only indicted for corruption, she was sacked because of too many corruption cases against her.

The same presidential panel you lied saw nothing illegal was found against her actually not only saw more than enough acts of corruption, they actually recommended for her to be sacked by the same GEJ aka protector and supporter of corrupt public officials.

On the other hand, theirs not a single case of corruption against Fashola, no indictment and the talk about too much money on a website is just talk and basically an opinion and if I might add, the state legislature approved his budgets and spending so send your concern to the state legislature.

Bottom line-

Stella Oduah was indicted and sacked accordingly.

BRF is yet to be indicted for anything.

This is common sense, but many of you are too consumed with whatever societal maladies that afflicts you hence making thoughtless and ignorant statements. [/s] ..

Fashola is hyper corrupt and APC knew it hence the pressure on Lagos State government to remove his thieving history from its official website.

Moreover, I don't need your opinions on this subject

I don't expect less from a Psycho Fan « APC Psycophant » Sycophantic Psycho like you

[img]http://www.freedomafric.com/resources/apc-sycophantic-psycho/213[/img]

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Am Waiting To See If Our First Daughter"Zarah Buhari Will Go For NYSC Service / Anambra Gets UK Order For Scent Leaf Export / Natural Therapy For Hypertension Reversal.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 117
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.