Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,214 members, 7,811,591 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 03:11 PM

Japanese Visa And Travelling To Japan - Travel (42) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Japanese Visa And Travelling To Japan (139422 Views)

Peace Mass Bus Travelling To Abuja Involved In Fatal Accident,Many Dead(photos) / Travelling To Canada Part 11 / Travelling To Canada Part 9 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (39) (40) (41) (42) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Japanese Visa And Travelling To Japan by superdee01: 2:01pm On Nov 07, 2023
JohnQueen:
What I know about the process is that before any talk of resumption, the company will inform you about the items you need for your visa application:

Background Check
CoE Application Form
ID Photos
Emergency Contacts
Transcripts
Schooling Letters

Now, you will be required to send physical copies of your transcripts, schooling letters, and ID photos to the company in Japan by courier, as these documents are needed for your CoE application, which the company will submit to Immigration.

When the CoE is ready (usually taking from 4-8 weeks or more), the company will send it to you, either by mail or courier, and this is when you can apply for an instructor visa to enter Japan.

She just got a mail saying that all the mandatory visa documents checklist submitted are not verifiable and unreliable ( this includes yellow fever card, proof of AXA Mansard insurance cover certificate, covid-19 vaccination certificate, Academic transcripts, proof of funds from 2 banks, police clearance certificate and medical certificate of fitness) and that she should submit the reliable ones and then specifically, she should send a month POF bank statement.

Please what's going on? I don't know what they mean by documents unverifiable and unreliable. Any idea on what to do please?
Re: Japanese Visa And Travelling To Japan by superdee01: 2:04pm On Nov 07, 2023
Gerrard59:

That salary is the standard for fresh ALTs. No company is supposed to ask you for money before employing you. Yes, once you get the COE, the visa is approved, barring any unforeseen circumstances. That is the great thing about Japan's visa process - issuance of the COE means the embassy just to go through your application and approve it. Your friend should expect her visa within three days after the application. If she submits it on a Monday, she should get the visa by Thursday latest. The problem with the COE is that it takes almost three months to issue it. Although, the government wants to reduce it to a month for highly skilled workers.

ALTs run as the demand arises. I am currently an English teacher for a branded organisation and from the interview, the busiest periods are March, July, August, September and December. So, I believe it should almost be the same. The firm will help you both with finding an apartment, SIM registration and city taxes.

Welcome to Japan! cool

She just got a mail saying that all the mandatory visa documents checklist submitted are not verifiable and unreliable ( this includes yellow fever card, proof of AXA Mansard insurance cover certificate, covid-19 vaccination certificate, Academic transcripts, proof of funds from 2 banks, police clearance certificate and medical certificate of fitness) and that she should submit the reliable ones and then specifically, she should send a month POF bank statement.

Please what's going on? I don't know what they mean by documents unverifiable and unreliable. Any idea on what to do please?
Re: Japanese Visa And Travelling To Japan by samoteli(m): 8:32pm On Nov 07, 2023
davodyguy:
Finally entered Japan today oo

Arrived at 20:30pm , 25/10/15 that would be around 12:30pm Nigerian time.

Face two Immigration officers and got cleared.

They didn't even ask about money I took, though my PP showed BTA of 3.5k USD.

But I forgot a document with them and didn't know if I should go back to them.

One Nigerian based in Japan at the airport said, 'No I shouldn't go back to pick my documents, that the Japanese are this and that. The guy discouraged me, but I sumed up courage and went back to them, since I entered Japan legally.

I got to them and explained myself. They asked for my PP, checked and gave me NY documents back.

Are you still in Japan ? I’m looking for a sure visa plug
Re: Japanese Visa And Travelling To Japan by Gerrard59(m): 5:36am On Nov 08, 2023
superdee01:

A month POF from a bank is not really an issue. However, for the bolded statements, I have few questions to ask:

- Were the transcripts notarised by a public notary? If yes, the institution should contact the public notary to confirm. The contact details are on the seal, which is stamped on the document.

- The COVID test has its unique confirmatory process where anyone anywhere can input the details online and confirm the result. Has she confirmed it herself and checked if the result corresponds to the entry standards by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs? I did mine and saw only one dose was uploaded. I went to the medical centre to lodge a complaint and got it rectified. If it were one, my COVID result would have been invalid. The same applies process applies to Yellow Fever. As for POF, I don't know if the banks will divulge account details to a private company overseas. No idea about that.

- Medical certificate of fitness. From which hospital, private or public? Using MEXT standards, records from public hospitals are usually preferred over private ones. Again, this should be verifiable from the contact details on the certificate. The same applies to police clearance and Mansard Insurance.

In summary, the institution seems to apply "over due diligence" on documents originating from Nigeria. I say this because I presented similar documents, excluding police clearance and did not experience this issue. JohnQueen knows more about this line of work visa than I do.
Re: Japanese Visa And Travelling To Japan by superdee01: 5:53am On Nov 08, 2023
Gerrard59:

A month POF from a bank is not really an issue. However, for the bolded statements, I have few questions to ask:

- Were the transcripts notarised by a public notary? If yes, the institution should contact the public notary to confirm. The contact details are on the seal, which is stamped on the document.

- The COVID test has its unique confirmatory process where anyone anywhere can input the details online and confirm the result. Has she confirmed it herself and checked if the result corresponds to the entry standards by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs? I did mine and saw only one dose was uploaded. I went to the medical centre to lodge a complaint and got it rectified. If it were one, my COVID result would have been invalid. The same applies process applies to Yellow Fever. As for POF, I don't know if the banks will divulge account details to a private company overseas. No idea about that.

- Medical certificate of fitness. From which hospital, private or public? Using MEXT standards, records from public hospitals are usually preferred over private ones. Again, this should be verifiable from the contact details on the certificate. The same applies to police clearance and Mansard Insurance.

In summary, the institution seems to apply "over due diligence" on documents originating from Nigeria. I say this because I presented similar documents, excluding police clearance and did not experience this issue. JohnQueen knows more about this line of work visa than I do.

Thanks so much. All the documents submitted have correspondences that can be mailed and easily get a response. Her covid-19 card is verifiable with both doses confirmed online using her unique NG- number on the covid-19 vaccination certificate card. I even verified it online myself and took a screenshot too. I did same for her yellow fever card and took screenshots. Police clearance is easily verifiable because she got a new police clearance via possap.gov.ng and there are links on the documents where anyone can easily input her details and them get a feedback whether it is genuine or fake. Her medical certificate is from a state teaching hospital and I have contacted them to also inform them of the development and the hospital even confirmed that they didn't get any mail from Japan with regards to her details. Anywayz, I
We have decided to work on the one month POF because she initially submitted just the balance in her account since they didn't specify initially that its one month POF they want. We will just work on the POF and re-send all thr documents initially as it was sent with no changes because all her documents are genuine and verifiable. I don't know the kind of game they are trying to play. We will also send screenshots of her verified informations online for covid-19 and yellow fever card as well. We won't give up. Thanks Gerrard for always responding. Will wait for JohnQueen submissions too.

Thanks.
Re: Japanese Visa And Travelling To Japan by superdee01: 6:02am On Nov 08, 2023
Gerrard59:

How do you mean by transcripts being notarised by a public notary? Please explain.

Her transcripts have emails of the verification units of her school and it was stated there that anyone that needs to verify should contact the email. Infact her school verification emails are two on her transcripts and I strongly believe that they would have received a response if they had contacted the school via the official emails.
Re: Japanese Visa And Travelling To Japan by Gerrard59(m): 6:13am On Nov 08, 2023
superdee01:
How do you mean by transcripts being notarised by a public notary? Please explain.

Her transcripts have emails of the verification units of her school and it was stated there that anyone that needs to verify should contact the email. Infact her school verification emails are two on her transcripts and I strongly believe that they would have received a response if they had contacted the school via the official emails.

You take the degree to a public notary for verification. Some universities and countries request that from applicants in developing countries. Do a photocopy of the result, take both original and photocopy to the public notary: get them notarised. Then, send the notarised copy. A mere certificate of graduation of BSc/BA does not count, except it is from a "reputable" country. That is, a Singaporean would not have to notarise his document. But a Nigerian has to. That is one of the ills of being a Nigerian.

As for COVID and the rest, from your narration, they should be legit. Why the school has stayed that all are invalid is worrisome. They should have been distinctive about which is which. Well, get the academic transcripts (each page) notarised and submit them as previously. State explicitly that you have double-checked with all the relevant bodies about their validity. If possible, screenshot pages of confirmation, like that of COVID, and send as well.

POF and bank statements, no be the same thing? If yes, get a bank statement of one month. That should not be difficult.

1 Like

Re: Japanese Visa And Travelling To Japan by JohnQueen(m): 7:16am On Nov 08, 2023
Honestly don't know how to navigate this, as it seems quite different from the documents I submitted and the timeline.

Since April 23, Covid-19 vaccination is no longer required to enter Japan. I didn't have to get vaccinated. Didn't need yellow card either.

I got travel insurance only after booking my flight.

I didn't have to show POF, and didn't notarise my documents either.

Just ask them what they want and provide accordingly.

superdee01:

Re: Japanese Visa And Travelling To Japan by superdee01: 2:16pm On Nov 08, 2023
JohnQueen:
Honestly don't know how to navigate this, as it seems quite different from the documents I submitted and the timeline.

Since April 23, Covid-19 vaccination is no longer required to enter Japan. I didn't have to get vaccinated. Didn't need yellow card either.

I got travel insurance only after booking my flight.

I didn't have to show POF, and didn't notarise my documents either.

Just ask them what they want and provide accordingly.

Thanks guys. I really appreciate. I will do accordingly to what you guys have said. @gerrard and JohnQueen, thank you. Wil keep you guys posted

1 Like

Re: Japanese Visa And Travelling To Japan by puffmama: 12:28pm On Nov 11, 2023
Hello everyone ,

Please for those that got a tourist visa to Japan this year , did you have to submit a tax clearance certificate and medical insurance ?

Was having active UK, US, Canada and / or Schengen visa any advantage?

Thank you
Re: Japanese Visa And Travelling To Japan by Africankel(m): 7:05pm On Nov 12, 2023
I didn't submit any of these. This was in April, 2023. Your other visas are definitely an advantage.

puffmama:
Hello everyone ,

Please for those that got a tourist visa to Japan this year , did you have to submit a tax clearance certificate and medical insurance ?

Was having active UK, US, Canada and / or Schengen visa any advantage?

Thank you
Re: Japanese Visa And Travelling To Japan by blackbriar: 3:38pm On Nov 17, 2023
superdee01:

Are all the documents cetified by a nottary public or federal court.
Kindly get "certified true copy" stamped on all the documents
Re: Japanese Visa And Travelling To Japan by blackbriar: 9:45am On Nov 28, 2023
LadyGBU:

Please sir what is the price range for sending documents through DHL to Tokyo?

Only DHL can give you the answer
Re: Japanese Visa And Travelling To Japan by alakara(m): 11:37am On Nov 28, 2023
Good day pls I need school hiring for alt teachers.
Cheers.
Re: Japanese Visa And Travelling To Japan by AfahaAbia(m): 3:27pm On Jan 02
Nigerians in Japan, how are you coping with the Earthquakes?

(1) (2) (3) ... (39) (40) (41) (42) (Reply)

Can Anyone Tell Me How To Get A Nigerian Police Report? / Life In The Usa As A Student. / Diary Of A Nigerian Student living In Moscow, Russia.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.