Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,540 members, 7,827,015 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 04:24 AM

Unfair Charges And Exploitation By MTN - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Unfair Charges And Exploitation By MTN (758 Views)

Don't Be Deceived By MTN / Checkout 2 New Data Plans Officially Launched By MTN / We Nigerians Are Unfair To MTN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Unfair Charges And Exploitation By MTN by Cecero(m): 3:57pm On Oct 10, 2015
Please I have been a passive member on NL. So this is actually my first thread.
I am utterly displeased with MTN. I subscribed to one of the several MTN promos called 'CASH QUEST PROMO'. Subscribers are debited N100 daily with a promise of winning N10m if the draw favours you(lol, did I hear you say greedy guy cheesy). Well, my grouse is I have been on this since it started hoping and praying that it will favour me and have even planned what to do with the money when it comes grin. I have also religiously recharged to make sure they take their N100 daily subscription fee. Well after today's debit, I got curious and decided to call their customer care line to know when the promo will be ending/when they will do the draw. Lo and behold, the customer care lady that picked told me the promo had already ended sometime last month.
I honestly got annoyed because this promo ended and they never bothered to tell subscribers that it has ended. They also did not deem it fit to stop charging the ignorant and expectant subscribers the N100 daily subscription fee.
In the spirit of the International Customer Service week we are presently observing, I am bringing this up because I am an aggrieved customer. I also know that lots of ignorant customers are still being charged for a promo that has long ended. This is really unjust!
Moderators please help me move this to front page, who knows NCC might get to hear our cries from the injustice being unleashed by our task masters. This will not be the first time MTN will be deducting my money for no reason. We cannot continue to keep quiet. They should be compelled to refund our money and even pay compensation for raising our hopes unnecessarily.
Thank you NLders for your anticipated constructive contributions.

cc Lalasticlala, ishilove
Re: Unfair Charges And Exploitation By MTN by Nobody: 4:05pm On Oct 10, 2015
cc: MTN, NCC if they are actually here!

Need anything from Jumia?
Contact me now!
Re: Unfair Charges And Exploitation By MTN by Whizpeter(m): 4:29pm On Oct 10, 2015
Lemme comment first

*MODIFIED*

OP, you made a mistake, I don't enter for any promo draw by these network providers...
The reason is I've not met or seen any body that won from their draw...

Some years ago, Glo gave out 500 cars twice, how many have you seen plying the roads of Nigeria? Thats why I don't even bat an eyelid when they come with their promo messages...

1 Like

Re: Unfair Charges And Exploitation By MTN by febbymi: 4:58pm On Oct 10, 2015
Still waiting for the MTN scam that will wow me. Been using my line for over 10yrs, never for once subscribed for anything. Last month they charged me 4times for caller tunes like say na me like music pass, after the fourth one I don't even bother to recharge again. Porting tinz on ma mind
Re: Unfair Charges And Exploitation By MTN by Nobody: 5:12pm On Oct 10, 2015
For what happened I recommend you discover means of browsing free on their network. Ever since I learned the way I've never looked back because I see it as retribution for times they've deducted thousands of my hard earned naira and only compensate me with "sorry" and beating around the bush while asking for assistance.

(1) (Reply)

Mtn Bis Plan With Pshiphon / Ondo State Government Shuts Down MTN Network Service / See What Airtel Did To Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.