Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,686 members, 7,844,252 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 05:11 PM

Things You Should Know About Late Diepreye Alamieyeseigha - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Things You Should Know About Late Diepreye Alamieyeseigha (1508 Views)

The Late Diepreye Alamieyeseigha: Biography, Life,history, And Death / Photos Of Diepreye Alamieyeseigha's Wife And Children / Update On Diepreye Alamieyeseigha’s Death (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Things You Should Know About Late Diepreye Alamieyeseigha by Movic1(m): 8:15pm On Oct 10, 2015
Diepreye Alamieyeseigha was born in 16 November 1952 in
Amassoma , Ogboin North Local Government Area, Bayelsa State. He attended the Bishop Dimeari Grammar School, Yenagoa . He joined the Nigerian Defence Academy as a Cadet Officer in 1974, then joined the Nigerian Air Force, where he served in the department of Logistics and Supply. He held various air force positions in Enugu, Markurdi , Kaduna and Ikeja. Alamieyeseigha retired from the air force in 1992 as a Squadron Leader.
After leaving the air force he became the Sole Administrator of Pabod Supplies Port Harcourt. Later he became Head of Budget, Planning, Research and Development of the National Fertiliser Company (NAFCON).
Diepreye Alamieyeseigha was impeached on allegations of corruption on 9 December 2005.
Governor of Bayelsa State
Diepreye Alamieyeseigha was elected Governor of Bayelsa State in May 1999 as a member of the ruling People's Democratic Party (PDP). He was re-elected in 2003. Vice President Atiku Abubakar attended the March 2003 event that kicked of his campaign for reelection in 2003.

Corruption charges
United Kingdom
Diepreye Alamieyeseigha was detained in London on charges of money laundering in September 2005. At the time of his arrest, Metropolitan police found about £1m in cash in his London home. Later they found a total of £1.8m ($3.2m) in cash and bank accounts. He has been found to own real estate in London worth an alleged £10 million. [ citation needed ] His state's monthly federal allocation for the last six years has been in the order of £32 million.He jumped bail in December 2005 from the United Kingdom by allegedly disguising himself as a woman, though Alamieyeseigha denies this claim.
Nigeria
On July 26, 2007, Alamieyeseigha pleaded guilty before a Nigerian court to six charges and was sentenced to two years in prison on each charge; however, because the sentences were set to run concurrently and the time was counted from the point of his arrest nearly two years before the sentences, his actual sentence was relatively short. Many of his assets were ordered to be forfeited to the Bayelsa state government. According to Alamieyeseigha, he only pled guilty due to his age and would have fought the charges had he been younger. On July 27, just hours after being taken to prison, he was released due to time already served.
In April 2009, Alamieyeseigha pledged a donation of 3,000,000 Naira to the Akassa Development Foundation .
In December 2009, the federal government hired a British law firm to help dispose of four expensive properties acquired by Alamieyeseigha in London . Alamieyeseigha had bought one of these properties for £1,750,000.00 in July 2003, paying in cash. Diepreye Solomon Peter Alamieyeseigha used it as his London residence, and as the registered office of Solomon and Peters Inc.

United States
On June 28, 2012, the United States (US) Department of Justice (DoJ) announced that it had executed an asset forfeiture order on $401,931 in a Massachusetts brokerage fund, traceable to Alamieyeseigha. US prosecutors filed court papers in April 2011 targeting the Massachusetts brokerage fund and a $600,000 Maryland home, which they alleged were the proceeds of corruption. A motion for default judgement and civil forfeiture was granted by a Massachusetts federal district judge in early June 2012. The forfeiture order was the first to be made under the DoJ’s fledgling Kleptocracy Asset Recovery Initiative.

Pardon
On 12 March 2013, Alamieyeseigha was pardoned by President
Goodluck Jonathan , but his pardoning was criticised by many.
Death
On the 10th of October, 2015, he reportedly died at the University of Port Harcourt Teaching Hospital, after a brief illness.

Wikipedia

Re: Things You Should Know About Late Diepreye Alamieyeseigha by stexsy(m): 8:23pm On Oct 10, 2015
Na Buhari and OBJ kill this man.......

Buhari is a killer

1 Like

Re: Things You Should Know About Late Diepreye Alamieyeseigha by OZAOEKPE(f): 8:28pm On Oct 10, 2015
"I know he's in heaven singing and rejoicing with the angels of God, may God grant him eternal rest". Quote me anywhere

Click like if you think he will make hell of share if you believe he's in heaven. Remember life is all about karma, as for mr and my family we go for 'share'.

2 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Things You Should Know About Late Diepreye Alamieyeseigha by Beesluv: 8:28pm On Oct 10, 2015
Hmm
Re: Things You Should Know About Late Diepreye Alamieyeseigha by SkyBlue1: 8:30pm On Oct 10, 2015
stexsy:
Na Buhari and OBJ kill this man.......
Buhari is a killer

And you are an idiot. Nigeria and it's peculiar public officers that always catch disease or die whenever it is time to answer questions over their stewardship! I don't want to speak bad about the allegedly dead so let us leave it at that but stop being an idiot!

Do you know how many people corruption kills in Nigeria everyday? That is money that was not put into hospitals and healthcare to save lives, or quality educational infrastructure, or good roads which Nigerians die everyday due to lack of it, or all the other things that has stopped the country growing and prevented job creation to allow people earn a living for themselves and their families, I could go on!! Corruption kills people and only idiots like you don't see it!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Things You Should Know About Late Diepreye Alamieyeseigha by Nobody: 8:36pm On Oct 10, 2015
uniport again Please let them verify o.
Re: Things You Should Know About Late Diepreye Alamieyeseigha by Tallesty1(m): 8:40pm On Oct 10, 2015
The name is hard to pronounce.
Re: Things You Should Know About Late Diepreye Alamieyeseigha by eleko1: 8:41pm On Oct 10, 2015
Stop doing Almajiri asking/begging for"alms" likes here.For Ur information,afta death,Na JUDGEMENT/there's no remission of siin afta death.it iis too LATE to type RIP.
OZAOEKPE:
"I know he's in heaven singing and rejoicing with the angels of God, may God grant him eternal rest". Quote me anywhere

Click like if you think he will make hell of share if you believe he's in heaven. Remember life is all about karma, as for mr and my family we go for 'share'.
Re: Things You Should Know About Late Diepreye Alamieyeseigha by Nobody: 8:41pm On Oct 10, 2015
If this man's death is not staged then RIP to him from the bottom of my heart
Re: Things You Should Know About Late Diepreye Alamieyeseigha by Movic1(m): 8:42pm On Oct 10, 2015
OZAOEKPE:

We cant judge from earth who will make heaven or hell. I guess we'll have to wait till we get there to find out.
Re: Things You Should Know About Late Diepreye Alamieyeseigha by Nobody: 8:45pm On Oct 10, 2015
OZAOEKPE:

you are pitiful.
Re: Things You Should Know About Late Diepreye Alamieyeseigha by kazzonline: 9:12pm On Oct 10, 2015
Sad ,he has d money by but cant travel out for medical attention,assuming he hasnt committed all dis offences,he wud hav been in usa or uk to get the most expensive treatment.
RIP to the dead

1 Like

Re: Things You Should Know About Late Diepreye Alamieyeseigha by eleko1: 10:06pm On Oct 10, 2015
ALams embarassed sad . undecided sad
Re: Things You Should Know About Late Diepreye Alamieyeseigha by Nobody: 10:13pm On Oct 10, 2015
That the amount he stole was not as much as his deputy's ministers at the federal government level.

Bunch of thieves shocked
Re: Things You Should Know About Late Diepreye Alamieyeseigha by Nobody: 10:14pm On Oct 10, 2015
That the amount he stole was not as much as his poorly trained deputy's ministers at the federal government level.

Bunch of thieves shocked

(1) (Reply)

Can You Explain This Picture!!! / Breaking News: Amechi's Confirmation Has Been Reversed! / BREAKING!!! The Time To Leave Nigeria & Assert The Sovereignty Of Yoruba People

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.