Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,521 members, 7,836,981 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:20 PM

Evangelism Made Easy: Beginners' Guide - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Evangelism Made Easy: Beginners' Guide (653 Views)

Faith Oyedepo Rescues Traumatized Teenager During Evangelism / How Modern Miracle Evangelism Works (Video) / Six Benefits Of Evangelism (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Evangelism Made Easy: Beginners' Guide by Nobody: 11:45pm On Oct 10, 2015
Evangelism Made Easy: Beginners' Guide

1. Work on your lifestyle (Matthew 5:16).

So many are ashamed to preach because of the kind of godless things they do. After servicing three girls in a week in the glare of everyone, tell me, who around you will listen to your sermon? You, a notorious undocumented sex trader, dare go out to preach salvation? The moral unworthiness won't let you! It is hypocrisy to go out preaching JESUS when your character doesn't reflect HIM. A good image reinforces your message of salvation. Live the light so that you can preach effortlessly!

2. Overcome diffidence (2 Timothy 1:17).

Spreading the Gospel does not require oratory, but a chunk of boldness is invaluable. The HOLY GHOST will embolden you if you ask HIM to. You can't be preaching to someone while you are talking like a frightened feverish child. They won't take you seriously. JESUS is the Lion of the tribe of Judah! Now where did you get your mouse disposition from? Shake it off now!

3. Seek a partner for a start (Acts 13:1-3).

As a result of Paul's inexperience in the field of evangelism, the HOLY GHOST asked that the apostles commission Barnabas to provide the backup experience that Paul needed at the beginning. Look for a group and go out with them. It helps your confidence. It polishes you. In no time you will find it easy and normal to go out alone. JESUS understands how important partnership is for beginner soul winners. No wonder HE sent the seventy disciples out in pairs (Luke 10:1-2).

4. Draw up an private manual of relevant soul winning Scriptures.

You need to have a collection of relevant Scriptures and master each verse. Doing this makes the work fluid and enjoyable. It enables you to quote Bible references without opening your Bible. A few Scriptures that would help you are John 3:6, 14:6, Matthew 11:28, 6:24, 10:34, Romans 5:8, 10:9, Revelation 3:20, 20:12,15, etc. The message of salvation is fully captured in them. Draw up your own!

5. There is no special day, time, moment or place for evangelism (Acts 8:26-35; 16:13).

If you can see it this way, you will be able to do it naturally. I don't plan my time of evangelism. Anytime I am outside, notice a soul who needs salvation, I just stop by and preach. I don't have to have my Bible with me. Constant practice, through the help of the HOLY GHOST, has made evangelism a hobby for me rather than a burdensome task.

May the spirit of peace chase away every wind of turbulence in your life this day in JESUS' name!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Evangelism Made Easy: Beginners' Guide by Nobody: 9:39pm On Oct 15, 2015
"The fruit of the righteous is a tree of life; and he that winneth souls is wise" (Proverbs 11:30).
Re: Evangelism Made Easy: Beginners' Guide by spencerwilliams(m): 7:21am On Oct 16, 2015
You are right my brother, Another thing one must know is that, one do not necessarily need three, four, five to six different scriptures in preaching to several persons, most at times i use one or two scriptures alone to preach to more than one person. The core of this point is that we must not feel we are no prepared because we can only quote John 3:16, that scripture might just bring the sinner to Christ. God bless you
Re: Evangelism Made Easy: Beginners' Guide by Nobody: 9:53am On Oct 16, 2015
spencerwilliams:
You are right my brother, Another thing one must know is that, one do not necessarily need three, four, five to six different scriptures in preaching to several persons, most at times i use one or two scriptures alone to preach to more than one person. The core of this point is that we must not feel we are no prepared because we can only quote John 3:16, that scripture might just bring the sinner to Christ. God bless you

Very good point. In other words, stick to a Scripture that you can quite easily understand and use for supporting your message. Shalom!

(1) (Reply)

Open Heavens Daily Devotional 01/11/15 / Are There People In Hell Or Heaven Now? / Terrorist Women In Heaven “will Have A Man With A Pen*s That Never Bends”-cleric

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.