Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,329 members, 7,815,655 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:01 PM

Who Has My Content? Wordpress Or The Hosting Company? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Who Has My Content? Wordpress Or The Hosting Company? (1553 Views)

A Website Has Stolen My Content / Can I Still Say This Blogger Stole My Content? / How Can I Take Over The Hosting Of My Site (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Has My Content? Wordpress Or The Hosting Company? by Richiy(f): 5:33pm On Oct 11, 2015
I had a website I created with WordPress and hosted with Ipage. My hosting plan expired and my domain name expired too since they came together. I want to retrieve and transfer my content. I want to know how to go about it. Anybody with the knowhow should let me know. Thank you.
Re: Who Has My Content? Wordpress Or The Hosting Company? by samkelechi: 6:33pm On Oct 11, 2015
Hi Richiy

I could be of great help if you can contact me on whatsapp 08083253341

Richiy:
Anybody with the knowhow should let me know. Thank you.
Re: Who Has My Content? Wordpress Or The Hosting Company? by emmalexdboy(m): 7:31pm On Oct 11, 2015
Richiy:

I had a website I created with WordPress and hosted with Ipage. My hosting plan expired and my domain name expired too since they came together. I want to retrieve and transfer my content. I want to know how to go about it. Anybody with the knowhow should let me know. Thank you.
Richiy, Your account will still be active for few days, even if it expires. So, you have to contact Ipage to do that. If your account has not been deleted, you will be able to retrieve and transfer your content. Go to Ipage and use their live chat to talk to one of their staff and they'll tell how to do this.
Re: Who Has My Content? Wordpress Or The Hosting Company? by Nobody: 7:35pm On Oct 11, 2015
I'm afraid your website content is gone. However, your domain name can still be retrieved if someone else haven't registered it.
Re: Who Has My Content? Wordpress Or The Hosting Company? by Richiy(f): 8:08pm On Oct 11, 2015
emmalexdboy:
Richiy, Your account will still be active for few days, even if it expires. So, you have to contact Ipage to do that. If your account has not been deleted, you will be able to retrieve and transfer your content. Go to Ipage and use their live chat to talk to one of their staff and they'll tell how to do this.

Thank you for replying. The account expired months ago. Any chance?
Re: Who Has My Content? Wordpress Or The Hosting Company? by Richiy(f): 8:13pm On Oct 11, 2015
Brandnew2:
I'm afraid your website content is gone. However, your domain name can still be retrieved if someone else haven't registered it.

Hey thanks. I sent you mail. You saw?
Re: Who Has My Content? Wordpress Or The Hosting Company? by samkelechi: 8:13pm On Oct 11, 2015
Months ago ? @Richiy am sure the site contents must have been deleted.
Most host don't allow old data (mostly expired site contents) to stay on the servers since the owner for whatsoever don't renew their hosting plans

Richiy:

Re: Who Has My Content? Wordpress Or The Hosting Company? by Richiy(f): 8:16pm On Oct 11, 2015
samkelechi:
Months ago ? @Richiy am sure the site contents must have been deleted.
Most host don't allow old data (mostly expired site contents) to stay on the servers since the owner for whatsoever don't renew their hosting plans

Awww...thanks though. Anyways, can you recommend any Nigerian hosting company? I wanna start again.
Re: Who Has My Content? Wordpress Or The Hosting Company? by Richiy(f): 8:17pm On Oct 11, 2015
samkelechi:
Hi Richiy
I could be of great help if you can contact me on whatsapp 08083253341
Alright thanks.
Re: Who Has My Content? Wordpress Or The Hosting Company? by samkelechi: 8:24pm On Oct 11, 2015
Yes i can but let talk that via whatsapp

Richiy:

Anyways, can you recommend any Nigerian hosting company? I wanna start again.
Re: Who Has My Content? Wordpress Or The Hosting Company? by emmalexdboy(m): 8:34pm On Oct 11, 2015
Richiy:

No!... your content are gone.
Re: Who Has My Content? Wordpress Or The Hosting Company? by sluvy4tune(m): 9:41am On Oct 12, 2015
Richiy:

Awww...thanks though. Anyways, can you recommend any Nigerian hosting company? I wanna start again.

Google trudigits bro,,

Ask of dualcore and you are good to go
Re: Who Has My Content? Wordpress Or The Hosting Company? by bizfirst: 9:59am On Oct 12, 2015
Richiy:

One important question (that may save the day):

Did you by any chance install any of the numerous WP backup plugins before this sad expiration?
Re: Who Has My Content? Wordpress Or The Hosting Company? by hostkobo(m): 1:18pm On Oct 12, 2015
Richiy:

Hi there Richie,

Website guru here.

If your content expired months ago, it would have been deleted but perhaps might be cached somewhere in google (if your site had been online for awhile).

My contacts are on my signature: whatsapp, email, etc

Buzz me, ill see how to help you out.

regards
HK
Re: Who Has My Content? Wordpress Or The Hosting Company? by fahadrafiq: 9:59am On Oct 14, 2015
If your hosting plan has backup feature so retrieve from backup source. If its not available, ask management to give the backup property of that site. If there is no response or they have not available any backup so its mean you have to start from scratch.

(1) (Reply)

101k Facebook Group For Sale Price 10k....very Active / Video Upload Profit Course Free Download / Website Link Block On Nairaland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.