Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,697 members, 7,831,172 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:48 PM

Saraki Responds To Alleged Plot By Him And Tinubu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Saraki Responds To Alleged Plot By Him And Tinubu (501 Views)

Saraki, Oshiomhole Raise Alarm Over Alleged Plot To Destabilise Nigeria / Tinubu Under Security Watch Over Alleged Plot Against Buhari / Saraki Responds To Sahara Reporters Allegations (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Saraki Responds To Alleged Plot By Him And Tinubu by vitaminA: 12:11am On Oct 12, 2015
I saw the statement said to be issued by Senator Bola
Ahmed Tinubu over a story published by The Sun
newspapers. I have decided not to join issues with Asiwaju
Bola Ahmed Tinubu. However, I know that most Nigerians
are aware that there has been no meeting or
communication between me and Asiwaju Tinubu since I was
elected Senate President. Therefore, I do not see any basis
for a newspaper to report that we are both plotting to
oppose the President.

I recognise Tinubu as one of the leaders of the APC who
contributed so much to the victory of the party in the last
election. Some other people also contributed and I believe
the collective efforts made it possible for the first time in the
history of our party for an opposition party to win the
general elections,
Let me state clearly that I remain a committed member of
the APC and will do all in my power to ensure the party fulfill
its promises to bring positive changes into the country.
Since my election as Senate President, my focus and efforts
have been devoted to doing the job that I was elected to do
by my constituents and my colleagues in the Senate. Twice,
my colleagues have confirmed their support for me as the
primus inter pares in the Senate.

As I said in my speech when we resumed from our recess
late September and in Ikenne yesterday, the screening of
ministerial nominees will be handled by me and my
colleagues with all sense of responsibility and in adherence
to the provision of the constitution. We will be fair to all and
be guided by the interest of Nigeria. The screening will be
devoid of sentiment and it is not an opportunity for anybody
to settle scores. We are equally eager for us to make a
positive difference in our polity and Nigerians will be able to
judge us whether we acted in their best interest or not.

Source : https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10153728045129962&id=53942489961&refid=8&_ft_=qid.6204528539053839683%3Amf_story_key.-7451961025743476822%3AeligibleForSeeFirstBumping.
Re: Saraki Responds To Alleged Plot By Him And Tinubu by frankyychiji(f): 12:29am On Oct 12, 2015
A mature and better response than the commando style response issued by the master propagandists in Bourdillon.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saraki Responds To Alleged Plot By Him And Tinubu by DIVINE78: 1:09am On Oct 12, 2015
The sun newspaper shame on you and your flat head sponsors.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Saraki Responds To Alleged Plot By Him And Tinubu by vitaminA: 1:15am On Oct 12, 2015
Re: Saraki Responds To Alleged Plot By Him And Tinubu by OlujobaSamuel: 1:21am On Oct 12, 2015
Saraki, I respect you as the Senate President and as an individual, however, I doubt if you know the meaning of party loyalty. You can't form party loyalty when you claim to have a "tied hands" in choosing the party leaders. If pdp had say no to Akpabio, am not sure you can do otherwise as the Senate President, I have no issues with other positions, but that of the majority leader in my own humble opinion, is meant to be dictated by the party even if the person is from your geopolitical zone.
Nigeria will be great. May God kill all are enemies that won't allow her achieve greatness.

(1) (Reply)

Kwara APC Hails Saraki's Victory / One Man, 81 Senators And An Impotent President With No Shame / Saraki Accuses ‘Controversial’ News Website Sahara Reporters Of Blackmail

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.