Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,520 members, 7,819,868 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:15 AM

NNPC Records N378bn Loss In 8 Months - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NNPC Records N378bn Loss In 8 Months (13965 Views)

Nigerians Raise Over N2M In 8 Hours To Honour Slain Hero, Sergeant Iboko / The Meaning Of Apc's Loss In Bayelsa / NNPC Records N287.4bn Loss From Operations (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NNPC Records N378bn Loss In 8 Months by egift(m): 8:06am On Oct 12, 2015
Re: NNPC Records N378bn Loss In 8 Months by sigiyaya(m): 8:06am On Oct 12, 2015
Hope this is not coming from OSHOMOLE grin grin grin
Re: NNPC Records N378bn Loss In 8 Months by falan: 8:06am On Oct 12, 2015
everybody become CHRISTIAN.

1 Like

Re: NNPC Records N378bn Loss In 8 Months by Amack(m): 8:07am On Oct 12, 2015
Nigeria second name this time na lost no gain. Everyday lost.
Re: NNPC Records N378bn Loss In 8 Months by ivili(m): 8:08am On Oct 12, 2015
Is this not the same NNPC that said they realised 2trillion Naira in three months?I was already calculating 8trillion in months to come.Rather than tell lies to sooth the ego of the president,heads of ministries should have been telling the Nation the real situation of our infrastructures.They forget that no matter the lies you tell,there is a reality to back it up.

3 Likes

Re: NNPC Records N378bn Loss In 8 Months by Pidggin(f): 8:11am On Oct 12, 2015
Failed state alert
Re: NNPC Records N378bn Loss In 8 Months by menxer: 8:11am On Oct 12, 2015
... but in the period under review they remitted #844bn into federation account, which is not captured in your post.

http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/2015/10/nnpc-remits-n844-billion-to-federation-account-in-eight-months/.
Re: NNPC Records N378bn Loss In 8 Months by Nobody: 8:17am On Oct 12, 2015
shouldnt GEJ be blamed... cheesy......or maybe denziani ..... grin grin.....where is oshiomole baba...i think we need his view on this matter...he needs to carry out his investigations to find out the thief behind these losses... cheesy cheesy wink

2 Likes

Re: NNPC Records N378bn Loss In 8 Months by omonnakoda: 8:18am On Oct 12, 2015
sunnyb0b0:
I've always advocated that those refineries should be sold off. Kachikwu has advised same but the man from Daura said NO.
And if you are a businessman would you buy loss making refineries.
It is important to comprehend information before responding to it. Are the refineries losing money because the government owns them or are there other reasons.
Firstly the refineries operate under a "SUBSIDY REGIME" and we are not provided with details or particulars of the Financial statements.
It may well be that the refineries are best run in the the private sector but that information is not present in the report we have read.
We cannot logically draw the conclusion after reading the report that the solution is privatization. Can the refineries be run at a profit by a private investor considering their age? How many more productive years are left in them?

The other notable fact about these refineries is their age.They are quite old and no sensible investor would buy them other than as scrap

1 Like

Re: NNPC Records N378bn Loss In 8 Months by repogirl(f): 8:28am On Oct 12, 2015
onatisi:
I will even say that they know what they want but like fooling themselves about how to go about it, even things which they don't have they like to believe that they are its producers producers. The policies buhari is bringing in January will shock many ppl. Selling those refineries was a good idea but Nigerians said no,removing fuel subsidy was the best but Nigerians said no
which Nigerians said No to the sales of refineries?
Re: NNPC Records N378bn Loss In 8 Months by engrhorla(m): 8:35am On Oct 12, 2015
Walahi this loss are too much.

But if Naija can re-coip the billions stolen by GEJ govt (Diezani, Atlantic Energy, Tompolo etc) and late DSP, our accounts book go balance!

Simple as XYZ!
Re: NNPC Records N378bn Loss In 8 Months by dignity33: 8:44am On Oct 12, 2015
Why since buhari took over presidency Nigeria economy has continue to shrink despite all the sanity.

2 Likes

Re: NNPC Records N378bn Loss In 8 Months by Nobody: 8:46am On Oct 12, 2015
obailala:
A clueless leader right?

I can bet you that in the administration of all the past Nigerian leaders, including and especially during the reign of your hero GEJ, NNPC and the FG could not even account for how much they were losing. Yet you think they were 'clue-full' and this administration clueless?

Routine losses from oil theft alone in the last 5 years stood at a staggering 400,000 barrels per day (appx $40million per day). If you do the maths for a period of 8months, that amounts to approximately 1.9Trillion; and this is from crude theft alone, not even mentioning every other gaping financial holes the NNPC under other administrations were known for. Yet someone thinks they were 'clue-full' and this administration clueless?

What we have here is simply a leadership which for the first time in Nigeria's history, now infuses financial accountability and transparency in its dealings. For the first time, someone is now making efforts to estimate and publish the estimated losses from the inefficiency in the system.

A wise man knows the first step in solving a lingeting problem is to first define and quantify its extent. But unfortunately, someone who appears to be possessed with the spirit of non-discernment thinks this sort of approach is a sign of cluelessness?

What more can anyone say?
Re: NNPC Records N378bn Loss In 8 Months by Nobody: 8:48am On Oct 12, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

NNPC lost N111.598billion between the months of July and August. Only God know our loss of June and September. I wonder what would have been the reaction of our brothers in the APC if these period was peresided over by Dr Goodluck Jonathan and PDP. Someone would have shouted "missing money".

On the state of the refinery, I have always maintained that no nation can be governed via propaganda. Is it not the same APC that was lying to Nigerians that the whole thing is stable even when presented with facts that showed the opposite? Anyway, we have a serious task as a country and I hope the incoming economic managers get things right.

Prof Nebo just pushed the glory of the current development in power supply to GEJ even when this development materialised in his successor's administration! Why then is the debt and deterioration of the refineries pushed to Buhari's administration?

#THOUGHTS
Re: NNPC Records N378bn Loss In 8 Months by Nobody: 8:53am On Oct 12, 2015
obailala:
A clueless leader right?

I can bet you that in the administration of all the past Nigerian leaders, including and especially during the reign of your hero GEJ, NNPC and the FG could not even account for how much they were losing. Yet you think they were 'clue-full' and this administration clueless?

Routine losses from oil theft alone in the last 5 years stood at a staggering 400,000 barrels per day (appx $40million per day). If you do the maths for a period of 8months, that amounts to approximately 1.9Trillion; and this is from crude theft alone, not even mentioning every other gaping financial holes the NNPC under other administrations were known for. Yet someone thinks they were 'clue-full' and this administration clueless?

What we have here is simply a leadership which for the first time in Nigeria's history, now infuses financial accountability and transparency in its dealings. For the first time, someone is now making efforts to estimate and publish the estimated losses from the inefficiency in the system.

A wise man knows the first step in solving a lingeting problem is to first define and quantify its extent. But unfortunately, someone who appears to be possessed with the spirit of non-discernment thinks this sort of approach is a sign of cluelessness?

1 Like

Re: NNPC Records N378bn Loss In 8 Months by bobby56(m): 8:54am On Oct 12, 2015
obailala:
A clueless leader right?

You are more CLUELESS than the people you are trying to defend. Do you know how many barrels of crude that is being lost everyday since the advent of this administration? Is it because the Govt and its propagandish machineries decided to bury that news? Are you working there? I can tell you that thousands of Barrels of Crude Oil is still being stolen everyday but the Govt made sure the Press dont report about it.

4 Likes

Re: NNPC Records N378bn Loss In 8 Months by banio: 8:56am On Oct 12, 2015
NNPC needs to put it's house inorder. Am not happy with this news. Our economy depends on it.

1 Like

Re: NNPC Records N378bn Loss In 8 Months by Tycoflu(m): 8:56am On Oct 12, 2015
NB. for wailers! The report is for 8 months in 2015. GEJ was President for 5 months out of the 8.

2 Likes

Re: NNPC Records N378bn Loss In 8 Months by porka: 8:57am On Oct 12, 2015
prof1990:
Wailers will start blaming Buhari without realizing this was before he became president.

Madueke almost sold these country

July and August alone.

In the month of July, NNPC recorded revenue of N149.198 billion and expenses of N200.126 billion, while in August, the group posted N146.617 billion revenue and expenses of N207.287 billion.
Re: NNPC Records N378bn Loss In 8 Months by mapet: 8:57am On Oct 12, 2015
obailala:
kingdompropty:

I am expecting the APC goon to invade this thread and nd try hard to defend their master.

This is part of what you get when you have a super clueless leader.

1. Sell of those refineries.

2. Unbundle the oil industry and act only as the oil police. DPR.

3. Look for other viable sources of energy.
A clueless leader right?

@obailala,

you have "spoilt" this thread with your intelligence. You should have left the confused folks in their journey to fools land.
First off, any sane person will realize that with the near derepair state and all the turnaround effort on our oil facilities, combined with the crude oil price, we are going to record a loss in the interim. Any sane mind will know that this repairs will enable increase in production volumes which should pay for the additional investment in say yr2 or 3 and beyond that phase every income now becomes profit.

But I guess when you're relating with some people, you wander how what is basic can become rocket science overnight

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: NNPC Records N378bn Loss In 8 Months by Barcholder: 9:00am On Oct 12, 2015
kingdompropty:
I am expecting the APC goon to invade this thread and nd try hard to defend their master.

This is part of what you get when you have a super clueless leader.

1. Sell of those refineries.

2. Unbundle the oil industry and act only as the oil police. DPR.

3. Look for other viable sources of energy.

Dude, your suggestions are far too sensible to ever expect them to be carried out. Where do you think you are, in the UK?

God help Nigeria
Re: NNPC Records N378bn Loss In 8 Months by mapet: 9:01am On Oct 12, 2015
bobby56:
You are more CLUELESS than the people you are trying to defend. Do you know how many barrels of crude that is being lost everyday since the advent of this administration? Is it because the Govt and its propagandish machineries decided to bury that news? Are you working there? I can tell you that thousands of Barrels of Crude Oil is still being stolen everyday but the Govt made sure the Press dont report about it.

Bros,

Beyond the bolded part, until you support this with incontrovertible evidence, we can only take it as a lopsided passionate statement from bobby56
Re: NNPC Records N378bn Loss In 8 Months by CyberWolf: 9:02am On Oct 12, 2015
omonnakoda:
And if you are a businessman would you buy loss making refineries.
It is important to comprehend information before responding to it. Are the refineries losing money because the government owns them or are there other reasons.
Firstly the refineries operate under a "SUBSIDY REGIME" and we are not provided with details or particulars of the Financial statements.
It may well be that the refineries are best run in the the private sector but that information is not present in the report we have read.
We cannot logically draw the conclusion after reading the report that the solution is privatization. Can the refineries be run at a profit by a private investor considering their age? How many more productive years are left in them?

The other notable fact about these refineries is their age.They are quite old and no sensible investor would buy them other than as scrap
Stop burying your head in the sand you fool angry ..Haven't you read where the GMD advised that the refinaries should be sold, but your kunu drunkard in Aso Rock said no? Sometimes you people are blinded with political are blinded by political sentiments that you reason from ur anvs angry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NNPC Records N378bn Loss In 8 Months by SmartMugu: 9:10am On Oct 12, 2015
Nigerians could not enjoy a common necessity like GSM when Nitel was driving telecommunications until private bodies were brought on board. Same concept will work if refineries are sold off and maintained by private firms. Isn't that better than declaring monthly losses?

1 Like

Re: NNPC Records N378bn Loss In 8 Months by HirstMOG(m): 9:12am On Oct 12, 2015
Naija my country!!!! Hope they won't keep blaming GEJ for this failed government??
Re: NNPC Records N378bn Loss In 8 Months by porka: 9:14am On Oct 12, 2015
mapet:

@obailala,

you have "spoilt" this thread with your intelligence. You should have left the confused folks in their journey to fools land.
First off, any sane person will realize that with the near derepair state and all the turnaround effort on our oil facilities, combined with the crude oil price, we are going to record a loss in the interim. Any sane mind will know that this repairs will enable increase in production volumes which should pay for the additional investment in say yr2 or 3 and beyond that phase every income now becomes profit.

But I guess when you're relating with some people, you wander how what is basic can become rocket science overnight

Kachikwu: I'd have sold refineries but for Buhari | TheCable

https://www.thecable.ng/kachikwu-buhari-ild-sold-refineries
Re: NNPC Records N378bn Loss In 8 Months by advocates: 9:15am On Oct 12, 2015
bobby56:
You called someone clueless while yours is legendary. The guy you quoted spoke glowingly about the accountability openness this government has embraced an event never adopted by any past government. This on its own is more heartwarming than all the lies and insincerity that graced the last government.

The onus lies on you PDP winch hunters to use your media to expose the activities of oil bunkers, but don't come here to discredit a suppose nice post with your little, out of line discernment.

1 Like

Re: NNPC Records N378bn Loss In 8 Months by Boss13: 9:16am On Oct 12, 2015
This is a good move, though a bad news. For the the first time in many years, we can see the true financial position and performance of NNPC. Now Nigerians now know that subsidy is killing us. In this era of falling oil prices and increased number of countries producing and selling oil, we should not still be buying fuel at N75 per liter and continue to pay subsidy.

I understand Oil companies in Nigeria now make Shipping companies provide letter of comfort indemnifying the oil companies that the oil is not stolen. This has reduced the number of ships coming into our water ways. This is a great move from both the NNPC CEO and the President.

In the future, I see NNPC returning to profitability. I am surprised that I am not reading many comments on this thread, it shows how much we take important issues for granted and chase shadows.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NNPC Records N378bn Loss In 8 Months by Nobody: 9:16am On Oct 12, 2015
Pls explain like i'm 5.

How could diezani have stolen 375 trillion?

Even if we argue it was stolen in 5 years ( I think she came in 2010) that would be 75 trillion per year. OK let's say crude oil price was twice what it costs now, that would be llike 37 trillion per year with the current barrel price. Oya make we subtract like 7 trillion to accomodate falling oil price, that will be 30 trillion a year??

If All these loop holes have been blocked and her modus operandi has been discovered, why are we still turning over billions in a month, insstead of at least 2 trillion naira??
Re: NNPC Records N378bn Loss In 8 Months by Nobody: 9:18am On Oct 12, 2015
[size=20pt] MONEY IS MISSING!!! [/size]
Re: NNPC Records N378bn Loss In 8 Months by mapet: 9:21am On Oct 12, 2015
porka:

Kachikwu: I'd have sold refineries but for Buhari | TheCable

https://www.thecable.ng/kachikwu-buhari-ild-sold-refineries

Bros,

The decision to sell refineries is relative. Even if OBJ selling KD refineries to dangote had gone through, it does not totally eradicate the rot in the NNPC. Not all capitalist decision are expedient and benefitial to all. Sometime you need to keep some social services running for a longer period till people can come to par. The government thus comit to bear the cost of this "social service".

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Kwara Inspired Otoge Takes Over Nigeria - Mrrights / God Has Given APC Chance To Repent Of Their Sins – Wike (Video) / President Buhari Meets With Saraki And Dogara in Aso Rock

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.