Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,108 members, 7,828,910 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:58 PM

Tajudeen Disu Killed In Land Fracas In Lagos - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Tajudeen Disu Killed In Land Fracas In Lagos (46468 Views)

16-Year-Old Boy Hit By Stray Bullet During Mile 12 Fracas (photos) / Killers Of Tajudeen Disu, Lekki Free Trade Zone MD Arraigned (photos) / Lekki Free Trade Zone MD Killed In Land Fracas In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tajudeen Disu Killed In Land Fracas In Lagos by 2tek: 3:38pm On Oct 12, 2015
3 things DAT can easily lead to a man's untimely death: LAND, WOMAN and MONEY. B careful when dealing with them.

1 Like

Re: Tajudeen Disu Killed In Land Fracas In Lagos by Originalsly: 3:38pm On Oct 12, 2015
Hmmmm.....I think the guy was arrogant....wrong and strong.... is like " who these villagers think they are?....I'll go there personally and beat the crap out of them ... let them know who I am". If the states requires people's lands...they need to compensate them....and possible relocate them. Is about time people start standing up to the oppressors. Not supporting killings...but I support the villagers...they started with a peaceful protest... and when the police brought fire to them...they fought back with fire.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tajudeen Disu Killed In Land Fracas In Lagos by Nobody: 3:38pm On Oct 12, 2015
In summary

Lagos is no man's Land.

Igbo buy.

South south buy

Fulani Buy

Dangote Buy

Hausa Buy

Again Lagos is no man's land
Re: Tajudeen Disu Killed In Land Fracas In Lagos by ayoman: 3:50pm On Oct 12, 2015
Its sad but why is he grabbing other people land?
DEXTROVERT:
These people are bad oooo, Did they want his wife and children to cry, who will feed his family now?
Re: Tajudeen Disu Killed In Land Fracas In Lagos by hardbody: 3:50pm On Oct 12, 2015
Adesiji77:

NOT affect, you meant?

I meant what i wrote. There is only one man dead, and it is not him. I hope he is AFFECTED, so he won't be at the Board Committee meeting tomorrow wink wink
Re: Tajudeen Disu Killed In Land Fracas In Lagos by M16: 3:55pm On Oct 12, 2015
Mr Disu is someone who wouldn't hurt a fly. He was so kind,loving and a complete gentleman. He has been working tirelessly for the development of the zone. He was brought from Afri-Exim bank in Cairo to head the development of the zone. He had been working on that project for the past eight years.

He worked tirelessly and passionately for that project. He worked without salary at times and spent so much of his personal funds on the development of the zone. It put him at loggerheads with former Governor Fashola who thought he had a personal interest in the zone.He was suspended by Fashola and later re-instated. He believed so much and was dedicated to the development of the project.He lived and breathed the development of the Zone. He was a very intelligent and hardworking person and had a positive effect on whoever comes in contact with him.

I remember when a group of investors came to Nigeria from USA and Mr Disu was in Australia with the Jonathan delegation. He rushed back and flew economy class all the way from Australia, downgrading his ticket from business class just to make it back to Lagos, before they left.

The part of the zone sold to Dangote was done by Lagos State Government without Mr Disu's knowledge. Lagos state officials saw the project as a pipeline to make money and that was always putting him at loggerheads with them.
He was such a loving, kind, devoted, selfless and full of life. what a loss

Innalillahi wa inna illahi rajiun

5 Likes

Re: Tajudeen Disu Killed In Land Fracas In Lagos by sonnie10: 3:55pm On Oct 12, 2015
What is the genesis of Land Use Act? Now the chicks have come home to roast.
Re: Tajudeen Disu Killed In Land Fracas In Lagos by penta(m): 3:56pm On Oct 12, 2015
Oga gan!!! just like that.
Re: Tajudeen Disu Killed In Land Fracas In Lagos by mrgbite(m): 4:00pm On Oct 12, 2015
ibedun:
IGBO usurpers are next!!!!!

Thank me later.

yes o!its gradually drawing near the time to drive dem crazy Igbos outta town
Re: Tajudeen Disu Killed In Land Fracas In Lagos by sylve11: 4:01pm On Oct 12, 2015
MrMcJay:

When Government acquires land for public use, the owners are entitled to adequate compensation (emphasis on adequate). Over time, what the Lagos State Government does is that it acquires large parcels of land (e.g 500 Hectares) for public uses. Now, when the villagers apply for excision of their land, they get a little portion of it back (e.g 80 Hectares). Apart from this released portion, there is no financial compensation to these families for the 420 Hectares of land taken from the family. The Government relies on the Land Use Act to perpetrate this fraud.

A little portion of the 420 Hectares (e.g 100 Hectares)is then used for government purposes while the remaining 320 Hectares is then shared by the powers that be in the form of GRAs, Estates and other land holdings. This has been done since the time of Raji Rasaki up to Fashola.

I think the Government needs to carry the indigenous land owners in projects like this. There should be adequate compensation paid and effective dispute resolution techniques applied.

weldone! cool

1 Like

Re: Tajudeen Disu Killed In Land Fracas In Lagos by M16: 4:02pm On Oct 12, 2015
Originalsly:
Hmmmm.....I think the guy was arrogant....wrong and strong.... is like " who these villagers think they are?....I'll go there personally and beat the crap out of them ... let them know who I am". If the states requires people's lands...they need to compensate them....and possible relocate them. Is about time people start standing up to the oppressors. Not supporting killings...but I support the villagers...they started with a peaceful protest... and when the police brought fire to them...they fought back with fire.

Speak not of what you don't have knowledge about. He was working for Lagos State Government, not as a private individual. The land sold to Dangote was done by the officials at Alausa without Mr Disu and his office knowing about it. Lekki Worldwide had been involved in the negotiation with the villagers from beginning and been handling community issues, but when it comes to selling land and collecting money, Alausa jumps to that. After selling the land to Dangote, he was now sent to quell all the anger that caused
Re: Tajudeen Disu Killed In Land Fracas In Lagos by happney65: 4:05pm On Oct 12, 2015
DEXTROVERT:
These people are bad oooo, Did they want his wife and children to cry, who will feed his family now?

What about the Villagers that died too?I guess they have no Families abi?Shiooor
Re: Tajudeen Disu Killed In Land Fracas In Lagos by emilyone(f): 4:08pm On Oct 12, 2015
Lasg grabbing land since 1604

Just the way jagaban acquired ajah land and turned it to royal gardens estate.
Re: Tajudeen Disu Killed In Land Fracas In Lagos by Nobody: 4:33pm On Oct 12, 2015
Blame Obasanjo for signing the useless decree that gave the hausa fulani all the land in Nigeria indirectly cause he who controls the government controls the land.

MrMcJay:

The Government relies on the Land Use Act to perpetrate this fraud.
Re: Tajudeen Disu Killed In Land Fracas In Lagos by Martmore: 4:35pm On Oct 12, 2015
welcome to hausa fulani one nigeria, fulani is kidnapping yoloba elders,while hausa is taking their land by force
Re: Tajudeen Disu Killed In Land Fracas In Lagos by MrMcJay(m): 4:37pm On Oct 12, 2015
thotsofnaij:
Blame Obasanjo for signing the useless decree that gave the hausa fulani all the land in Nigeria indirectly cause he who controls the government controls the land.

I'm not looking at apportioning blames, I'm thinking of solutions.
Re: Tajudeen Disu Killed In Land Fracas In Lagos by josite: 4:46pm On Oct 12, 2015
be safe. be wise. avoid all crises points. don't underestimate the reaction of the oppressed. he died while fashola and dangotes moved on .
Re: Tajudeen Disu Killed In Land Fracas In Lagos by opeyehmmy(m): 4:46pm On Oct 12, 2015
DEXTROVERT:
What about the dead policeman & d other dead villagers, think about them too... Its because he's a public figure dat makes him eligible for post-mortem abi? Aw abt other unlucky ones? Lord God, save us frm dis Govt of inequality.
BTW, sowie 4 QUOTING ur post... NO HARM INTENDED! *winks*
Re: Tajudeen Disu Killed In Land Fracas In Lagos by datribune: 4:52pm On Oct 12, 2015
d chickens ar coming home to roost for d "Beggar thy countrymen" Dangote. Truly d spirit of d countless pensioners like my uncle & d countless poor who lost their entire life savings at d altar of corruption & manipulation of d nigerian stock market by crooks like Dangote, Otedola & other govt sponsors shall surely fight back.

Re: Tajudeen Disu Killed In Land Fracas In Lagos by sariu11(f): 4:59pm On Oct 12, 2015
Why will Lagos state government acquire lands forcefully from the poor land owners, pay them peanuts as compensation then sell it to private investor's at a very high price,they land owners are meant to be given the freedom to sell lands to private investor's on their own without the government...Lagos state government should pls have mercy on the poor their nonchallent attitude caused the death of MR Disu..RIP
Re: Tajudeen Disu Killed In Land Fracas In Lagos by bolafez(m): 5:08pm On Oct 12, 2015
Zanaij:
WHY THIS?
coz ur a space booker
Re: Tajudeen Disu Killed In Land Fracas In Lagos by Olufemiolaolu(m): 5:12pm On Oct 12, 2015
R.I.P 2 him, May d good Lord comfort his family. Too saddening. shocked
Re: Tajudeen Disu Killed In Land Fracas In Lagos by sukkot: 5:39pm On Oct 12, 2015
Kingscee:
Rest in peace to the dead, but yorubas should seek for other ways of making money instead of relying so much on land.
no shittt
Re: Tajudeen Disu Killed In Land Fracas In Lagos by Reference(m): 5:40pm On Oct 12, 2015
agitator:
Welcome to the Niger Delta oil and gas exploration experience club. grin grin grin

This is just a minute impact compared to what the oil producing communities have been suffering, and yet the South West slaves have started crying. angry angry angry

Exactly. I have no sympathy for anyone involved. Public and private sector corruption and brigandage meeting head on.
Re: Tajudeen Disu Killed In Land Fracas In Lagos by jara: 5:46pm On Oct 12, 2015
May his soul rest in peace. Nobody deserves to die over a land, government/people land at that, not his.

But please hold your pocket when people tell you they will work without salary or spend their own money. Kosofe local govt!

M16:
Mr Disu is someone who wouldn't hurt a fly. He was so kind,loving and a complete gentleman. He has been working tirelessly for the development of the zone. He was brought from Afri-Exim bank in Cairo to head the development of the zone. He had been working on that project for the past eight years.

He worked tirelessly and passionately for that project. [size=8pt]He worked without salary at times and spent so much of his personal funds on the development of the zone.

It put him at loggerheads with former Governor Fashola who thought he had a personal interest in the zone.He was suspended by Fashola and later re-instated. He believed so much and was dedicated to the development of the project.He lived and breathed the development of the Zone. He was a very intelligent and hardworking person and had a positive effect on whoever comes in contact with him.

I remember when a group of investors came to Nigeria from USA and Mr Disu was in Australia with the Jonathan delegation. He rushed back and flew economy class all the way from Australia, downgrading his ticket from business class just to make it back to Lagos, before they left.

The part of the zone sold to Dangote was done by Lagos State Government without Mr Disu's knowledge. Lagos state officials saw the project as a pipeline to make money and that was always putting him at loggerheads with them.
He was such a loving, kind, devoted, selfless and full of life. what a loss

Innalillahi wa inna illahi rajiun
Re: Tajudeen Disu Killed In Land Fracas In Lagos by Nobody: 5:50pm On Oct 12, 2015
lonelydora:
May his soul rest in peace. Reminds me of my father's advice;

LonelyMUGU: Please dont ever drag anything call Land or Property even if it rightly belongs to me. Land can kill and it's only a living person that can acquire it. As long as there's life, God will give you another land. Thank you father for that advice.

Any young man in that village should be very careful now because these troops can vent their anger on them.
FIXED
Re: Tajudeen Disu Killed In Land Fracas In Lagos by Wallie(m): 5:58pm On Oct 12, 2015
RIP Uncle Bola!

Inna lillahi wa inna ilayhi raji'un
Re: Tajudeen Disu Killed In Land Fracas In Lagos by Originalsly: 6:05pm On Oct 12, 2015
M16:

Speak not of what you don't have knowledge about. He was working for Lagos State Government, not as a private individual. The land sold to Dangote was done by the officials at Alausa without Mr Disu and his office knowing about it. Lekki Worldwide had been involved in the negotiation with the villagers from beginning and been handling community issues, but when it comes to selling land and collecting money, Alausa jumps to that. After selling the land to Dangote, he was now sent to quell all the anger that caused
My comment is based on what is presented. If you know different or more details then simply present them to give us a bigger picture. If what you are now saying is true then the officials at Alausa should be held responsible.
Re: Tajudeen Disu Killed In Land Fracas In Lagos by Nobody: 6:07pm On Oct 12, 2015
MrMcJay:

When Government acquires land for public use, the owners are entitled to adequate compensation (emphasis on adequate). Over time, what the Lagos State Government does is that it acquires large parcels of land (e.g 500 Hectares) for public uses. Now, when the villagers apply for excision of their land, they get a little portion of it back (e.g 80 Hectares). Apart from this released portion, there is no financial compensation to these families for the 420 Hectares of land taken from the family. The Government relies on the Land Use Act to perpetrate this fraud.

A little portion of the 420 Hectares (e.g 100 Hectares) is then used for government purposes while the remaining 320 Hectares is then shared by the powers that be in the form of GRAs, Estates and other land holdings. This has been done since the time of Raji Rasaki up to Fashola.

I think the Government needs to carry the indigenous land owners in projects like this. There should be adequate compensation paid and effective dispute resolution techniques applied.

While I agreed with the need for government to carry along the land owners in any developmental project in their area, I disagree with you on all other points because I know much about land issues in this area.

After excision, the land given to land owners always cause problems among the omo onile (land owners) with a lot of people attacked spiritually. Some are run mad, some are turned to vagabonds others run for their lives. Most of the times, only the most wicked (thugs, area boys and spiritual wickedness people) enjoy the proceeds from the land. The lands given to the land owners ended up being sold to strangers. The money is mostly used on partying and womanising. In most areas, the land owners live in a dirty old or not well built houses while strangers live in good houses. Those well educated and refined ones among the land owners children run for their life or they are attacked spiritually and physically.

What they are fighting for is collection of money from Dangote. In ten or more years, they would have finished the money. Some late surveyors have land in that area that some of the children of those surveyors with knowledge of the area are ready to kill or swindle their siblings in order to be the sole beneficial of the land. While their brothers and sisters are suffering, they are busy acquiring motors, building houses and enjoy without planning for future or sympathy on their siblings. They keep telling their siblings that government has taken over the land while they are selling the land. Nemesis will catch up with them. Government should not take this tragedy lightly.
Re: Tajudeen Disu Killed In Land Fracas In Lagos by Chukzyfcb(m): 6:07pm On Oct 12, 2015
So na this same lekki ibeju wey real estate companies dey advertise up and down. Lekki ibeju wey even freetrade zone owners never acquire finish, yet pple are buying land based on the promise of free trade zone and refinery coming soon, there is God!
Re: Tajudeen Disu Killed In Land Fracas In Lagos by vivaciousvivi(f): 6:09pm On Oct 12, 2015
This is what happens when you want to commence a project without properly managing the expectations of all identified stakeholders. Anything obtained by force is never sustainable.
Re: Tajudeen Disu Killed In Land Fracas In Lagos by Nobody: 6:09pm On Oct 12, 2015
While I agreed with the need for government to carry along the land owners in any developmental project in their area, I disagree with you on all other points because I know much about land issues in this area.

After excision, the land given to land owners always cause problems among the omo onile (land owners) with a lot of people attacked spiritually. Some are run mad, some are turned to vagabonds others run for their lives. Most of the times, only the most wicked (thugs, area boys and spiritual wickedness people) enjoy the proceeds from the land. The lands given to the land owners ended up being sold to strangers. The money is mostly used on partying and womanising. In most areas, the land owners live in a dirty old or not well built houses while strangers live in good houses. Those well educated and refined ones among the land owners children run for their life or they are attacked spiritually and physically.

What they are fighting for is collection of money from Dangote. In ten or more years, they would have finished the money. Some late surveyors have land in that area that some of the children of those surveyors with knowledge of the area are ready to kill or swindle their siblings in order to be the sole beneficial of the land. While their brothers and sisters are suffering, they are busy acquiring motors, building houses and enjoy without planning for future or sympathy on their siblings. They keep telling their siblings that government has taken over the land while they are selling the land. Nemesis will catch up with them. Government should not take this tragedy lightly.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

UNILORIN Panties Thief Caught On CCTV At Bethany Hostel / Boy Tied In Lagos After Stealing Phones And Cash (Photos) / Two Men Fighting Under The Rain Because Of A Lady (pictures & Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.