Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,424 members, 7,819,539 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:45 PM

Gbor And The Pot Calling The Kettle Black. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Gbor And The Pot Calling The Kettle Black. (514 Views)

Tehn Is Calling All School Leavers To Apply For 2016/17 TNRI Scholarship / ASUU Kicks Against Oloyede Appointment As JAMB Registrar, Calling For His Probe / Calling!!!!!! Admission! Admission!! Admission!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Gbor And The Pot Calling The Kettle Black. by michaelmo11(m): 11:20pm On Oct 12, 2015
Sometimes, when we are in an hot gist with a friend and the friend makes mention of something that you are constantly having different thoughts to, and you haven't spoken about it b4; one tends to open up.
That was the case when I and my friend were discussing about trivial issues as young guys, then he made mention of the idiom "Pot calling kettle black", me been the pot. Then I looked it up online, and found out that the pot was darker than the kettle, well that was decades ago.
But then I went to my kitchen, I saw one of my frequently used Pot (N/B I don't have just one Pot) and beside it was the kettle (not an electric one). But the strange thing was that my kettle was darker than my pot after regular usage on application of equal amount of heat.
Then I began to wonder why was it so, because I used the pot more often than the kettle. The kettle boils only water and I don't think washing it after every use is advisable. But for the Pot after I use it to either cook rice, prepare Amala, etc I wash it. I think this is due to the reduction of dried-up soot (that black thin powder that you would also find while using a fire lantern) on the exterior body of the Pot.
The bottomline of the story is not my pot and my kettle itself, but what makes us to be different from the norm. According to the idiom, the pot is "blacker" than the kettle.
But for me and my house, my kettle is "blacker" than my pot. We need to critically think outside of the box(been pacesetters, goal-getters), be innovative, push ourselves out of our comfort zone to succeed in our respective fields. Also to wash ourselves and our mind off every form of negative/ destructive criticism (so as to rise above hate) and accept constructive criticism with joy because criticism is like soot it doesn't totally go away.

**FROM THE PEN OF MOGBORMOYA**
**Mods please I am not sure if you are going to move this to literature section, but please leave it here so as to educate our minds, THANK YOU AND GOD BLESS Y'ALL**
Cc. Richiez , Fynestboi , olawalebabs .

(1) (Reply)

How To Read A Book And Understand / Auchi Polytechnic 2015-2016 Change Of Course Form/ Spat-form Is Now On Sales. / Which Of This Two Statement Is Correct Or Will I Say More Factual.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.