Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,200 members, 7,829,288 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:21 AM

Sub Standard Laptops At Www.smartbuyng.com - Computer Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Computer Market / Sub Standard Laptops At Www.smartbuyng.com (1910 Views)

We Do The Fixing Of Your Faulty Laptops At Considerate Prices / Fairly Used Laptops At Give Away Prices / Brand New High Config Laptops At The Lowest Prices In Nigeria: Updated (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sub Standard Laptops At Www.smartbuyng.com by krazynaija(m): 10:31pm On Apr 26, 2009
Hello,

Warning to you people who like cheap stuffs, i saw an advert on www. smartbuyng.com selling notebook laptops, ACER ASPIRE ONE, for N45000 so i went to their office at Surulere to get mine.

I bought mine and used it for just 1 day, then it started hanging,and suddenly it stopped booting i was still complaining when the screen just stopped displaying, i went to their office and i was told to visit the acer warranty centre around Oshodi, That notebook has been there for about 2 weeks now.Why do Nigerians just love selling fake products.

Have you bought that product and had those problems too?, tell us your experience with the company and the product.

CHECK BEFORE YOU BUY THE NEXT EYE CATCHNG COMPUTER YOU SEE,
Re: Sub Standard Laptops At Www.smartbuyng.com by krazynaija(m): 10:31pm On Apr 26, 2009
i even checked today and the price is now N48,800, gosh !
Re: Sub Standard Laptops At Www.smartbuyng.com by mecussey(m): 1:00pm On Apr 27, 2009
Krazynaija, you have just discouraged me; I was planning to buy and all the research I did on the internet was positive, how come? Na waoh, but did you find their office at Oshodi? Thank God for you, instead of wasting my hard earned 45k. Please, I d like to know how you dealt with them.
Re: Sub Standard Laptops At Www.smartbuyng.com by netotse(m): 4:06pm On Apr 27, 2009
what were u using it to do when it crashed?
BTW those 40something thousand naira laptops are web and mail laptops, they were'nt made for intensive computing o, just for browsing and a lil word processing
Re: Sub Standard Laptops At Www.smartbuyng.com by layonz: 10:46pm On Apr 27, 2009
New HP 6735S Laptop; 1gb Ram, 160gb HDD, Bluetooth & WebCam

AMD Processor
1gb Ram
160gb Hard Drive
15.4 Inch WXGA Screen
5 in 1 Memory Card Reader
4 USB ports
DVD Writer
Wifi - Wireless
WebCam
Bluetooth 2.0
Windows Vista

British Standard

Price: 80K

New HP 6735S Laptop; 4gb Ram, 320gb HDD, Bluetooth & WebCam

AMD turion Processor
4gb Ram
320gb Hard Drive
15.4 Inch WXGA Screen
5 in 1 Memory Card Reader
4 USB ports
DVD Writer
Wifi - Wireless
WebCam
Bluetooth 2.0
Windows Vista Home Premium

Price: 105K

contact 08098777059 or 07029363445 or primecaeventuresltd.com
Re: Sub Standard Laptops At Www.smartbuyng.com by abhosts(m): 8:36am On Apr 28, 2009
What you bought was a Netbook and not a Laptop. There is no way you could have gotten a brand new Laptop for that price. Netbooks come with very limited features and cannot perform most of the tasks that your laptop does. It is basically a Gadget for accessing the Internet.
Re: Sub Standard Laptops At Www.smartbuyng.com by krazynaija(m): 9:51am On Apr 28, 2009
@mecussey
yeah the warranty center is at five star after oshodi, i i will go for it on thursday making it two weeks at the warranty center, i even saw one of the guys that sold me the laptop there with about 6 new laptops for repaires, most of the people making complains are just like me who used it for just one day, about Dealing with them, what can i do but inform the public so they dont make the same mistake i made, any suggestions on what i can do in terms of dealing with them?, lol

@netotse
when it started giving me problems thats the second day of use i was using mozilla on facebook and yahoomail, thats all.i bought it for browsing only i didnt intend to use it for powerful programmes.

@abhosts

I only used it to connect with wireless to the internet, no programmes on it, just mozilla and yahoo mesenger.all other pictures and music are in my memory card and usb flash.

@all
I will keep you all posted on what happens next when i finally get the netbook on thursday or if i still get asked to come for it in another week.lol
Re: Sub Standard Laptops At Www.smartbuyng.com by krazynaija(m): 11:29am On Apr 30, 2009
I went to the warranty center today and i have been told to come back next week again !, they said the hard disk isnt ready yet, what am i gonna do now?
Re: Sub Standard Laptops At Www.smartbuyng.com by mecussey(m): 2:13pm On Apr 30, 2009
I think you should buy a hard disk (hdd) yourself and replace the existing solid state disk (ssd) with it. All you need to do is to buy a ZIF to NIF disk cable and take to them; I think the lappy crashed because it's SSD, its better you use a hard disk
Re: Sub Standard Laptops At Www.smartbuyng.com by Saddam: 9:16pm On Apr 30, 2009
You are just starting your journey with Service Centers and Warranty

I took a HP 510 to HP Oke-awo Close V/I , On April 2008 for repairs
i visited there till I gave up. Every time they Kept telling me tht they will call me, All na Bugaaa

Finally I just brought out 2 weeks visiting and troubling them Before I picked up the Laptop in January 2009 with my battery dead and Missing in built Wifi aircard and screws which those Hungry technicians must have taken.
So Can u see u haven’t seen anything yet, Once any electronics enter service center for Nigeria, For get It.

I suffered all these cos I want to get a genuine replacement Part
Re: Sub Standard Laptops At Www.smartbuyng.com by krazynaija(m): 11:03pm On Apr 30, 2009
Thanks for the ad
mecussey:

I think you should buy a hard disk (hdd) yourself and replace the existing solid state disk (ssd) with it. All you need to do is to buy a ZIF to NIF disk cable and take to them; I think the lappy crashed because it's SSD, its better you use a hard disk
vice

How much will those stuffs cost?

Saddam:

i visited there till I gave up. Every time they Kept telling me tht they will call me, All na Bugaaa

Finally I just brought out 2 weeks visiting and troubling them Before I picked up the Laptop in January 2009 with my battery dead and Missing in built Wifi aircard and screws which those Hungry technicians must have taken.
So Can u see u haven’t seen anything yet, Once any electronics enter service center for Nigeria, For get It.

I will wait till next week, if i dont get it next thursday, ill collect my stuff and buy the hard disk myself.
Re: Sub Standard Laptops At Www.smartbuyng.com by netotse(m): 12:52pm On May 01, 2009
Saddam:

omo guy no disrespect o but its as if u r a dulling guy! if that happens to me i will raise HELL in fact by the time i'm done they'll offer me a new laptop sef!
Re: Sub Standard Laptops At Www.smartbuyng.com by krazynaija(m): 12:21pm On May 03, 2009
I JUST SENT THIS EMAIL TO SMARTBUY COMPANY, WHAT DO YOU THINK?

Hello,

I bought 0ne Acer Aspire One notebook on the 13th of April 2009.

I connected it to the internet the next day and i noticed it was hanging, on the 15th of April thats two days after,while checking facebook and yahoo messenger the notebook hanged so i had to switch it off.

Immediately after i switched it off i tried putting it back on but it didnt boot.So i took it down to your office at :

59 Rasaq Balogun Street
Off Adeniran Ogunsanya
Surulere, Lagos .

At your office i met Okey who asked me to take it to Acer warranty center at Five Star.

On the 16th of April i took it to the warranty center, i was told to come for it the next thursday,i went there and i was told its not yet ready.

I have been doing that for the past three weeks now.Its not fair selling substandard laptops.

I want something done about it urgently because i only used it for about 36 hours and now for three weeks it has been in the warranty center.

If i dont get it on Thursday i will have no other option but to bring it back to you for a replacement or refund of my money.If you refuse to comply i will be forced to take legal actions against you.

Get back to me immediately you get this message.
Re: Sub Standard Laptops At Www.smartbuyng.com by krazynaija(m): 9:30pm On May 04, 2009
hurray i just got an sms from the warranty center asking me to come get my netbook 2moro !
Re: Sub Standard Laptops At Www.smartbuyng.com by krazynaija(m): 11:49am On May 06, 2009
Hello,
I bought my acer aspire one netbook on easter monday for about N45000 i used it for just 36 hours and it kept on hanging , after a few hours it stopped booting and the screen eventually got blank.I took it to acer warranty center and they held on to it for about 3 weeks.Now that i have got it back its still hanging ceaselessly , i am regretting buying this netbook.It seems i have wasting my hard earned cash.If you have any info that could help me get it working perfectly please tell me what i can do, send me an email blaq_naija_ambassador@yahoo.com .
Thanks
Ibrahim

This is crazy after i got it its still hanging continously i cant even do anythoing on it, somebody help me please, what can i do?
Re: Sub Standard Laptops At Www.smartbuyng.com by abunwanne: 8:08pm On May 07, 2009
Netbook Computers have the same features as many laptops except that they do not have a CD/DVD drive. They are meant for everyday computing and I use mine for desktop publishing, word processing, spreadsheet, powerpoint, programming and web browsing and have absolutely no problem. They have better features than many of the second-hand laptops on the Nigerian market today.

BUT BEWARE of substandard products from vendors whether at Computer Village or online!

We offer great netbook computers with international warranty that run exactly as expected and our customers are very happy with us. We are aware of the nonbootable problem with the Acer Aspire One and we can fix it for you in 15 minutes and save you time and worry than sending it through the Acer Warranty Center.

It will cost you just N2500 for the fix and if you are in Lagos then contact us at techsupport@netbooknigeria.com
Re: Sub Standard Laptops At Www.smartbuyng.com by krazynaija(m): 2:56pm On Jun 01, 2009
IF YOU KNOW WHAT I CAN DO ABOUT THIS PLEASE TELL ME, i cnt just sit and watch my 45k waasted angry
Re: Sub Standard Laptops At Www.smartbuyng.com by abunwanne: 9:51am On Jun 05, 2009
krazy, you need to flash the BIOS on the Acer and you need a bootable USB flash drive to do that. If you cannot do it yourself, find N2500 and send us an email. It is a small price to pay for expertise.
Re: Sub Standard Laptops At Www.smartbuyng.com by krazynaija(m): 2:25pm On Jun 26, 2009
after all my wahala i got a replacement and it works just fine!, Thanks y'all grin
and now i think smartbuy is the best place you can get what u want, im going there to buy one of their digital camera next week. grin
Re: Sub Standard Laptops At Www.smartbuyng.com by krazynaija(m): 2:36pm On Jun 26, 2009
@abu

when i get time i'll have you teach me how to format using usb cos i wanna get this WINDOWS GENUINE ADVANTAGE stuff off it.
Re: Sub Standard Laptops At Www.smartbuyng.com by asamuel: 1:23pm On Jan 19, 2011
always buy your computer from www.kalahari.com.ng and all of your worries will go.
Re: Sub Standard Laptops At Www.smartbuyng.com by asamuel: 1:24pm On Jan 19, 2011
always buy all of your computers from kalahari nigeria and all of your worry will go.
Re: Sub Standard Laptops At Www.smartbuyng.com by krazynaija(m): 10:51pm On Jan 19, 2011
I spoilt the lappy while trying to flash it lolz
Re: Sub Standard Laptops At Www.smartbuyng.com by TIMRICH(m): 12:39pm On Oct 26, 2011
Any time you buy a product ,ensure you get a warranty in case things go wrong. Istead of waiting endlessly for parts or component replacement get a good technician to help you out info@timrichtechnologies.ng.cm
Re: Sub Standard Laptops At Www.smartbuyng.com by OE: 12:59pm On Oct 26, 2011
How substandard are they. Please details. and what are the prices
Re: Sub Standard Laptops At Www.smartbuyng.com by Basildon1(m): 4:02pm On Nov 17, 2011
OP, what have you achieved now by discrediting this company and now doing a turnaround? Have you ever heard of defective laptops?

the fact that it had a warranty counts for something!!
Re: Sub Standard Laptops At Www.smartbuyng.com by dashlinks(m): 6:11pm On Nov 17, 2011
krazynaija, like someone pointed out, netbooks which an aspire one is, generally have limited resources and cant do core computing or graphic works, if the laptop were fake, trust me that place you went to in oshodi wont even accept it, being original is why it was accepted and why it was probably repaired without any charge, flashing laptop memories is not adviseable for people who are not technicians or av the know how, flashing laptop the wrong way may make it permanently go dead, also its not good pratice to use laptops on a bare bed, cos the laptop sinks into the bedspread and that covers the air vents for cooling, also keep water very far away, i've had cases of a single drop of water from the body of a canned drink drop on a laptop keyboard and mostly the motherboard lies beneath that, so it slipped underneath and blew the motherboard, customer had to buy another board for 35k to fix what a can of 100naira caused, i know this things cos i sell laptops and own an outfit, DASHLINK INTEGRATED SYSTEMS LIMITED 4 francis oremeji street off medical road ikeja, 08037122549/01-8122610 AND TRUST me, it does not get cheaper than computer village if you know the right places to go, also we do free delivery within lagos.

(1) (Reply)

Kaspersky Internet Security 2011/2012- Giving Away 3 Licenses / Computer Laptop (hp, Dell, Toshiba , Apple And Ibm) Call On 08065031414 (kano) / Etisalat Mtn Airtel Glo Nigeria Call Recording & Voice Recording Server Box

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.