Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,304 members, 7,829,714 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:55 AM

U.I's VC, Others Make Ministerial List - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / U.I's VC, Others Make Ministerial List (832 Views)

Professors, Two-time Senator, Others Make Buhari’s Ministerial List - Vanguard / Fashola, Amaechi, Ngige, Onu, Lai, Kachikwu Make Ministerial List - TheCable / Buhari's US Visit: His Son, Yusuf, And 32 Others Make His Entourage - ThisDay (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

U.I's VC, Others Make Ministerial List by Nobody: 6:39am On Oct 13, 2015
THE Senate yesterday received another list of ministerial nominees from President Muhammadu Buhari.

Senate President Olusola Saraki, who received the list, said it would be unveiled today.

But The Guardian gathered last night that the Vice Chancellor of the University of Ibadan, Isaac Adewole, former Speaker of the Bayelsa State House of Assembly ant two-time senator, Heineken Lokpobiri, made the list.

Also on the list, said to be filled with unfamiliar names, names were James Ocholi, SAN, who recently contested for the All Progressives Congress (APC) governorship ticket in Kogi state but lost to Abubakar Audu, and Anthony Anwuka, a professor of Education Administration who was secretary to the state government in Imo.

Adewole is a professor of obstetrics and gynaecology, while Lokpobiri served as speaker of the Bayelsa State House of Assembly between 1999 and 2001, and was senator from 2007 till 2015.

Other nominees are Claudius Omoyele Daramola, a professor of sociology of education, from Ondo State, Aisha Abubakar, Dan Ali, a retired brigadier-general, and Okechukwu Enilamah, the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of African Capital Alliance. Lokpobiri was born March 3, 1967. As senator, he was appointed to committees on Sports, Public Accounts, Police Affairs, Niger Delta and Millennium Development Goals. In 1994, he received an LL.B (Hons) from Rivers State University of Science and Technology, Port Harcourt, Rivers state, and got his BL in 1995.

Born on May 5, 1954, Prof. Adewole is former President of the African Organisation for Research and Training in Cancer. Prior to his appointment as the 11th substantive Vice Chancellor of the University, he had served as Provost, College of Medicine, University of Ibadan. His research interest is in the area of Human papillomavirus, HIV and Gynecologic oncology, a specialized field of medicine that focuses on cancers of the female reproductive system, including ovarian cancer, uterine cancer, vaginal cancer, cervical cancer, and vulvar cancer.[3] Professor Isaac is a member of the governing council, Adeleke University and currently chairs the National Panel on Cervical Cancer Control Policy.

He hails from Ilesha, Osun State.

Daramola, a Professor of Sociology of Education in the Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences of the University of Ilorin, hails from Ode Aye in Okitipupa Local Government Area of Ondo State. He graduated from the University of Sokoto, did his Master’s degree at the University of Ilorin and the doctorate degree at the University of Ilorin where he now lectures.

Responding to questions from journalists, Special Adviser to the Senate President on Media and Publicity, Yusuph Olaniyonu said: “The list has been received by the Senate President. We received it at 4:24 p.m. and it was brought by the Chief of Staff to the President, Alhaji Abba Kyari, accompanied by the Senior Special Assistant to the President on National Assembly Matters (Senate), Senator Ita Enang and his counterpart in the House of Representatives, Abdulrahman Sumaila Kawu.

On whether the list just sent would cover the remaining 15 states where ministerial nominees were yet to be selected from, Olaniyonu said:”We don’t know until the Senate President opens the envelop. We don’t know the number contained. We just assumed that that is the last batch. I am not sure it will extend to a third batch.”

But as the screening begins, there has been no let to matters arising from the first list of nominees just as an Abeokuta-based lawyer, Deji Enisenyin, has filed a suit in the Federal High Court Abeokuta against the President of the Senate over the screening of names submitted to the National Assembly on September 30, 2015 by the President. Read more at

http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/2015/10/uis-vc-others-make-cabinet-list/
Re: U.I's VC, Others Make Ministerial List by philfrey08: 6:40am On Oct 13, 2015
First list was all politicians...
I trust Adewole would do well.... i wouldn't wail at that.
Buhari, well done
Re: U.I's VC, Others Make Ministerial List by Usman212s: 7:07am On Oct 13, 2015
Re: U.I's VC, Others Make Ministerial List by Republlican(f): 7:09am On Oct 13, 2015
Second list, I swear my sai buhari is even wiser than a tortoise the likes of amaechi and fashola won't smell any ministerial positions. They will use corruption cases against them. The second ministerial list have more credible and reliable men.
Re: U.I's VC, Others Make Ministerial List by maupe: 7:12am On Oct 13, 2015
This looks more realistic, than a list which had names like Odemegwu and Barth nnaji
Re: U.I's VC, Others Make Ministerial List by AWONEYAN(m): 7:13am On Oct 13, 2015
Nigeria is blessed with great brains and erudite scholars

(1) (Reply)

Check Out The CV Of This Buhari's Ministerial Nominee. / Amaechi And His Fanatical Fans By Dele Momodu - Thisday Live / Ojukwu, A Destiny Child - Protested Against British Rule At Age Of 10

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.