Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,585 members, 7,812,911 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:11 PM

Heartbroken By Good And Close Friendship - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Heartbroken By Good And Close Friendship (307 Views)

Heartbroken Monkey Cries After Her Child Collapsed / Two Men Saved From Raging Fire By Good Samaritans / Known Packers And Movers In Gurgaon By Good Wishers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Heartbroken By Good And Close Friendship by jkingx(m): 8:09am On Oct 13, 2015
Once upon a phase in my life, I was more or less a typical young man that did one of the things young men at that phase typically do; chase after girls. While some tend to stop immediately after the initial experimental stage, others perfect the game and make it a habit that stays with them through their entire life of singlehood. Some men sadly, never break free from it even after marrying. Some end up with the unenviable title of playboys and adulterers, chains of broken relationships or broken marriages.
A typical 'crime' committed by most young men in that stage of life if breaking young girl’s hearts. Sometimes knowingly and blissfully, other times completely unaware. I doubt if ever there was a man who from his teens to a mature adulthood, never broke a girl's heart; even the 'good' and well behaved boys and men. I must have broken a few hearts I believe, though I also believe that in the face of logic I'll rarely be found guilty. Did I just say logic? When has logics and emotions ever mix?
Ok, let's fast forward to the days of responsible adulthood when the years of blissful ignorance is over with boys becoming men and desiring to marry, settle down and raise families and girls fast turning to women who can barely wait to be mothers. From the ideal dreams of a life partner to 'unrealistic' expectations, the search, 'positioning to be found' and waiting begins. Sometimes some are smart or lucky to quickly find or be found. Many in this category often knows what they want. Then there are those who either don't know what they want or hold on to an ideal even when time and circumstances began to make those ideals increasingly unrealistic, till they snap to reality one day and time is on the far side of them. Of course there are those who in pursuit of careers, education or other priorities found themselves on the wrong side of time for marital business and let's not forget the downright unfortunate ones who just seem to get all the bad breaks.
Now, here is the other face of heartbreak this article is about. A man and a woman desirous of marriage, meet through any of a thousand possible ways, maybe dates, become friends, become very close and good friends; 'close and very good friends'!. Now wait a minute. That's where you get a glimpse of the other face of heartbreak and smell trouble.
On the woman side, she sees this guy as her husband. She assume there is only one possible destination for their 'very good and close friendship'; down the aisle to happily ever after together. She began to play the role of the good wife and perfect daughter-in-law. She may even began looking at wedding magazines and browse wedding websites. Then one day, horror strike and she's left devastated; her man is getting married to another woman! She's heartbroken beyond imagination and sometimes beyond repair. 'How can you do that to me’? She ask with pains and tears. Bewildered and unbelievable he replied 'I don't understand. We were always good friends, I never told you I was going to marry you.' Aha! There is the problem again; 'good friends'.
On the men side you find almost exactly the same scenario only little difference is the guy playing the perfect husband and in-law while planning a wedding or bidding his time with the assumption that she is his woman and will always be there for him until one day he gets an invitation for her wedding. To the same accusations, the woman may even smile innocently and point it out to him 'you've never proposed to marry me. I'm not getting younger, you know'.
Now you see, in both situations, someone is left, maybe irreparably heartbroken and often with the heartbreaker unaware and logically innocent
You reading this may identify with this if you've experienced anything similar or know someone that has but if luckily you've never experienced the pains of this sort of heartbreak, do think about it and either don't fall victim or villain.
Here's the thing. Next time you find yourself been very close and good friend with someone, either clearly define what you want or ask for a definition. Action speaks louder than words they say but words are easier to understand.

http://bluestocker.com/heartbroken-by-good-and-close-friendship/

(1) (Reply)

Picture Of 2nd #thelist, Sent To @bukolasaraki / Inspiration For The #downcast.... ... .... / I Love My Job

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.