Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,671 members, 7,955,446 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 06:08 AM

Being Creative: A Tool Every Nigerian Graduate And Student Need - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Being Creative: A Tool Every Nigerian Graduate And Student Need (862 Views)

Young Landlord Who Is A UNIBEN Graduate And A Meat Seller (Photos) / Why Every Nigerian Lady Must Learn A Skill. / 5 Things You Need To Survive In The Real World As A Nigerian Graduate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Being Creative: A Tool Every Nigerian Graduate And Student Need by atop1(m): 9:28am On Oct 13, 2015
Doing what people term as normal thing is good, being creative is better. Creativity is when you think out of the box or get rid of the box itself to find solution to a problem, it start from an early age of a child when he uses sand and paper to build houses, cars and other interesting things; its start from when he cry to draw his mother’s attention.
Everyone is borne creative. Yes everyone including you.
A lot of people have made a kick out of what was believe by some people to be unproductive. Things like:Writing, e-commerce, Banking, the internet e.t.c
Internet as we know it today have make people rich, as the richest people in the world make their riches from internet. People like Bill Gates, Jack Ma and our own Nigerian youths like Seun Osewa of Nairaland, Abdullahi Tosin of Naijawriterscoach are making a living and more from their creative thinking.
Authors like J.K Rowlings have also been renowned and known by most people in the world because of her creativity, her ability to think out of the box.
All these people start from somewhere, and you as well can start from somewhere to make more than a living.
Some months ago i was broke and i try to think of ideas on how to make money, i came up with two actually but both of them require capital to start. One requires about a million naira but the other i can afford, so i ventured into it.
The idea was to create a website where students, like me, can get off campus accommodation. I realize i need to give it a name students can easily remember. I finally call it OFFKRENTS(OFF CAMPUS(K) RENTS). On launching this website of mine (www.offkrents.com). I started receiving calls from friends and other students who told me that it is a nice idea.
Jack Ma, CEO of Aliexpress and one of the richest people of the 21st century, once said that: the basic principle in business is to help others and by helping others you can as well help yourself. This is basically what i do on that website of mine.
Looking at the situation of the Nigerian economy, it is important that graduates be creative: Using their mind to think of how they can grow themselves and the economy at large. By helping yourself, you are helping our dear nation which means the nation have one less indigene to care about. Creating chance for others. So think of what you can start doing today, that will make you proud and self reliant. It might be anything. Just think of something you are good at and start doing it.
Or look for a problem that affect people around you and think of a easy solution, but don’t let money be the motive of everything you do. Trust me money will come while you help others solve their problem.
This post is dedicated to all Unilorin students as I wish you a happy resumption.
Re: Being Creative: A Tool Every Nigerian Graduate And Student Need by 14teenK: 9:29am On Oct 13, 2015
Nice one
Re: Being Creative: A Tool Every Nigerian Graduate And Student Need by Isaacmacdon(m): 9:56am On Oct 13, 2015
We don't get to see these typo post errday... Well done bro..
Re: Being Creative: A Tool Every Nigerian Graduate And Student Need by atop1(m): 9:59am On Oct 13, 2015
I think we need a lot of it @ISAACMACDON
Re: Being Creative: A Tool Every Nigerian Graduate And Student Need by Isaacmacdon(m): 10:08am On Oct 13, 2015
atop1:
I think we need a lot of it @ISAACMACDON
Sure we do... Creativity sells nd not certificates... A very creative computer geek cud get d nod past a first class graduate in computer engineering... D Problem dese days is dat students study for certificates nd not for personal development nd knowledge..
Re: Being Creative: A Tool Every Nigerian Graduate And Student Need by Cashalhaji: 2:52am On Feb 20, 2021
Beautiflul write-up

(1) (Reply)

Best Answer Needed - Indicate Reason For Leaving Your Present Employment? / 'may Your Ways Be Rough' Tai Solarin's New Year's Message / Where Is He Getting It Wrong

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.