Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,133 members, 7,818,406 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:40 PM

Is Blessed Virgin Mary In A Position Of Heavenly Powers? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Blessed Virgin Mary In A Position Of Heavenly Powers? (992 Views)

Ghanaian Herbalist Lands In Hospital After Testing His Powers Aganist Bullets / Heavenly Reward Vs Earthly Reward: Hilarious Photo / Today Is The Feast Of Assumption Of Blessed Virgin Mary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Blessed Virgin Mary In A Position Of Heavenly Powers? by emeraldknytt(m): 11:11am On Oct 13, 2015
NB: I'd be glad if more Catholics contribute to this post... Its a free-for-all christian question and i admonish all to be modest with our vast dictions. Plz, I dont want to be a harbinger of unGODLINESS. Thank you.

This morning, I was drawn into the middle of an heated argument between two parties, both are catholics, and the bone of contention is just one thing, that is; Is Blessed Mary in a position to command, instruct or even bless?... I would say no more. In all sincerity, how true/false is it? Perhaps one or two passages might do the trick. God bless us all. May the Holy Spirit speak through you. Thanks once again.
Re: Is Blessed Virgin Mary In A Position Of Heavenly Powers? by trapQ: 12:15pm On Oct 13, 2015
What is christianity turning into?? Mary(who is no longer a virgin) was and is in no position to heal no one. JESUS is the healer. Mary performed no miracles in the bible. Apostle Paul, peter, elisha, elijah, moses, all did. However, they can't perform miracles anymore because they all no longer on earth.

God didn't perform miracles through Mary when she was on earth, so it is not in her death that GOD will perform miracles through her.

but notwithstanding, GOD can do whatever he wishes.

1 Like

Re: Is Blessed Virgin Mary In A Position Of Heavenly Powers? by ODUBEZE: 12:25pm On Oct 13, 2015
Before I answer your question, I will like to inform you that it is best that an individual is filled with spirituality other than religion.
A daily routine: most people go to their Priest, Pastor's wife, Pastor, Imams e.t.c to pray (intercede) for them, where they are weak, confused or simply believe that they are anointed with such powers.
If we can do this to our fellow human, why then do we undermine the intercession of the Mother of our Saviour?
Out of ALL mention, who do U think will have our interest the most?
Even the scripture honoured her when it says:
1. "Behold from henceforth ALL GENERATIONS shall call me BLESSED" Luke1:48
2. Imagine the divine revelation in Luke 1:41-44 filled with the Holy Spirit, Elizabeth acknowledged that amongst ALL women she is the most blessed.
3. and more importantly, in humility acknowledged in surprised what she did to merit the visitation of the mother of our Saviour.
4. At the wedding in Cana, which was the first miracle performed by Jesus, even though Jesus time had come, Mary was able to intercede, persist, even when Jesus said his time has not come, she never gave up. She told the servants"Do whatever He tell you" and that was all. If you are familiar with the story in John 2:1-10 then U know that the case did not go unresolved.
Jesus could not say NO to his mother!
Where a case becomes difficult, we need the intercession of our mother. The mother of our saviour and I can assure you that the rest will be history!
Quote Me anywhere. I am a living testimony!
Re: Is Blessed Virgin Mary In A Position Of Heavenly Powers? by PRINCESSO2: 2:04pm On Oct 13, 2015
46While he yet talked to the people, behold, his mother and his brethren stood without, desiring to speak with him. 47Then one said unto him, Behold, thy mother and thy brethren stand without, desiring to speak with thee. 48But he answered and said unto him that told him, Who is my mother? and who are my brethren? 49And he stretched forth his hand toward his disciples, and said, Behold my mother and my brethren! 50For whosoever shall do the will of my Father which is in heaven, the same is my brother, and sister, and mother.Matthew 12

King James Bible

Text courtesy of BibleProtector.com

Section Headings Courtesy INT Bible
© 2012, Used by Permission

Bible Hub

1 Like

Re: Is Blessed Virgin Mary In A Position Of Heavenly Powers? by emeraldknytt(m): 4:28pm On Oct 13, 2015
trapQ:
What is christianity turning into?? Mary(who is no longer a virgin) was and is in no position to heal no one. JESUS is the healer. Mary performed no miracles in the bible. Apostle Paul, peter, elisha, elijah, moses, all did. However, they can't perform miracles anymore because they all no longer on earth.

God didn't perform miracles through Mary when she was on earth, so it is not in her death that GOD will perform miracles through her.

but notwithstanding, GOD can do whatever he wishes.

Thank you
Re: Is Blessed Virgin Mary In A Position Of Heavenly Powers? by emeraldknytt(m): 4:31pm On Oct 13, 2015
ODUBEZE:
Before I answer your question, I will like to inform you that it is best that an individual is filled with spirituality other than religion.
A daily routine: most people go to their Priest, Pastor's wife, Pastor, Imams e.t.c to pray (intercede) for them, where they are weak, confused or simply believe that they are anointed with such powers.
If we can do this to our fellow human, why then do we undermine the intercession of the Mother of our Saviour?
2. Imagine the divine revelation in Luke 1:41-44 filled with the Holy Spirit, Elizabeth acknowledged that amongst ALL women she is the most blessed.
3. and more importantly, in humility acknowledged in surprised what she did to merit the visitation of the mother of our Saviour.
4. At the wedding in Cana, which was the first miracle performed by Jesus, even though Jesus time had come, Mary was able to intercede, persist, even when Jesus said his time has not come, she never gave up. She told the servants"Do whatever He tell you" and that was all. If you are familiar with the story in John 2:1-10 then U know that the case did not go unresolved.
Where a case becomes difficult, we need the intercession of our mother. The mother of our saviour and I can assure you that the rest will be history!

I'm glad you were able to come up with such brilliance. Thank you

1 Like

Re: Is Blessed Virgin Mary In A Position Of Heavenly Powers? by emeraldknytt(m): 4:33pm On Oct 13, 2015
PRINCESSO2:
46While he yet talked to the people, behold, his mother and his brethren stood without, desiring to speak with him. 47Then one said unto him, Behold, thy mother and thy brethren stand without, desiring to speak with thee. 48But he answered and said unto him that told him, Who is my mother? and who are my brethren? 49And he stretched forth his hand toward his disciples, and said, Behold my mother and my brethren! 50For whosoever shall do the will of my Father which is in heaven, the same is my brother, and sister, and mother.Matthew 12

King James Bible

Bible Hub

Bless you.. Thank you
Re: Is Blessed Virgin Mary In A Position Of Heavenly Powers? by Aizenosa(m): 9:34pm On Oct 14, 2015
PRINCESSO2:

King James Bible

Bible Hub

Lol I hope you know Mary had a sister called Mary, it was she who bore the supposed brothers of Christ.

if you didn't know maybe u should read your bible more gently next time
Re: Is Blessed Virgin Mary In A Position Of Heavenly Powers? by Aizenosa(m): 10:02pm On Oct 14, 2015
ODUBEZE:

I thank God for you and for we all who have come to know and trust her intercession, because it has never been known to fail.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is Blessed Virgin Mary In A Position Of Heavenly Powers? by emeraldknytt(m): 11:10pm On Oct 15, 2015
Aizenosa:

Lol I hope you know Mary had a sister called Mary, it was she who bore the supposed brothers of Christ.

if you didn't know maybe u should read your bible more gently next time

Or you could ease us the stress by offering one or two area of concentration.
Re: Is Blessed Virgin Mary In A Position Of Heavenly Powers? by Aizenosa(m): 8:30am On Oct 16, 2015
emeraldknytt:

Or you could ease us the stress by offering one or two area of concentration.

Jn 19:25 But still funny enough she was an only child

(1) (Reply)

10 Types Of Women Christian Men Should Never Marry / Islamic Statistics On Violence, Rape, Terror, Sharia, ISIS, And Welfare / Why Do Pple Criticize Rich Pastors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.