Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,745 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:45 AM

What I Saw In Akwa Ibom Made Me Built N2.5bn Ekiti Gov House-fayemi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What I Saw In Akwa Ibom Made Me Built N2.5bn Ekiti Gov House-fayemi (47350 Views)

N2.5bn In Maid's Account: Stella Oduah Denies Report / PDP Spent N2.5bn On Presidential Poll Adverts, APC N728m – Report / Fayose’s Govt Owing Only May Salary – Ekiti Gov (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

What I Saw In Akwa Ibom Made Me Built N2.5bn Ekiti Gov House-fayemi by tolexy007(m): 1:18pm On Oct 13, 2015
by Ikenna Asomba follow @ikennaasomba13

* Defends how he governed Ekiti

* Says I never purchased a bed for N50m

Former Governor of Ekiti State, Dr. Kayode Fayemi, on Tuesday, debunked reports that he ran the economy of his state aground, while he served as governor.
Fayemi, one of the 10 ministerial nominees currently being screened by the Senate today, said he governed Ekiti with transparency and accountability.

Responding to a thought-provoking question asked him by Sen. Olusola Adeyeye (APC Osun Central) to clarify newspaper reports that he left Ekiti in debt, that he spent too much money on the Ekiti Govt House, Fayemi said they were all rumours, stating that the government house was built with just N2.5 billion.

The ex-governor said being one of the youngest states in Nigeria,without a government house for 19 years, the magnificent Government House he saw in Akwa Ibom, when he visited former Governor Godswill Akpabio, enticed him to embark on the project to give Ekiti State, a befitting Government House.

Fayemi added that the controversial N50 million bed in the government house wasn’t purchased at that price.

According to him, none of the beds in the government house cost above N1.5 million.
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/10/what-i-saw-in-akwa-ibom-made-me-built-n2-5bn-govt-house-in-ekiti-fayemi/

10 Likes

Re: What I Saw In Akwa Ibom Made Me Built N2.5bn Ekiti Gov House-fayemi by zico530(m): 1:18pm On Oct 13, 2015
True talk?
Re: What I Saw In Akwa Ibom Made Me Built N2.5bn Ekiti Gov House-fayemi by tayebest(m): 1:19pm On Oct 13, 2015
this man just use oyinbo scatter their head for house nii sha! cheesy

37 Likes

Re: What I Saw In Akwa Ibom Made Me Built N2.5bn Ekiti Gov House-fayemi by Nobody: 1:21pm On Oct 13, 2015
Interesting.............. A very sound and intelligent man. I don't know much about Ekiti politics, so i have nothing much to say on the allegations. But i know he will make a very good minister for our Nation.... Chikena!............... This also caught my attention during the screening. . . . . ( Akpabio: I built the biggest hospital in West Africa ..................... Senator: ... And you didn't go there for treatment?! )

28 Likes

Re: What I Saw In Akwa Ibom Made Me Built N2.5bn Ekiti Gov House-fayemi by southsouthman: 1:26pm On Oct 13, 2015
This is one politician I love but I must say that if this was his response to the question then I am so disappointed. Is he saying that he didn't take into consideration his state's monthly income and that of Akwa Ibom. This is just like saying a man whose monthly or yearly income of 200k building a house of 3m because he saw his colleague whose income is 7m having that structure.

171 Likes 15 Shares

Re: What I Saw In Akwa Ibom Made Me Built N2.5bn Ekiti Gov House-fayemi by bettercreature(m): 1:28pm On Oct 13, 2015
ok! i hope the bed come with dressing mirror and walldrobe

5 Likes

Re: What I Saw In Akwa Ibom Made Me Built N2.5bn Ekiti Gov House-fayemi by Dottore: 1:46pm On Oct 13, 2015
Ok
Re: What I Saw In Akwa Ibom Made Me Built N2.5bn Ekiti Gov House-fayemi by ammyluv2002(f): 1:47pm On Oct 13, 2015
He's doing very well

1 Like

Re: What I Saw In Akwa Ibom Made Me Built N2.5bn Ekiti Gov House-fayemi by Nobody: 1:48pm On Oct 13, 2015
great
Re: What I Saw In Akwa Ibom Made Me Built N2.5bn Ekiti Gov House-fayemi by seunshrek(m): 1:48pm On Oct 13, 2015
To built ke?? lool

5 Likes

Re: What I Saw In Akwa Ibom Made Me Built N2.5bn Ekiti Gov House-fayemi by Gabrielwilliams(m): 1:48pm On Oct 13, 2015
Interesting... Ekiti ppl's loss is Nigeria's gain. Ekiti ppl prefer eating rice dan being transformed to 22century ppl. That man could hv done a 'fashola' on ekiti.. Sorry o

45 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What I Saw In Akwa Ibom Made Me Built N2.5bn Ekiti Gov House-fayemi by Funjosh(m): 1:48pm On Oct 13, 2015
The guy is very intelligent I think I like him cool

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: What I Saw In Akwa Ibom Made Me Built N2.5bn Ekiti Gov House-fayemi by Nobody: 1:48pm On Oct 13, 2015
Cheapest govt house in Nigeria.

7 Likes

Re: What I Saw In Akwa Ibom Made Me Built N2.5bn Ekiti Gov House-fayemi by tiamiyukunle69(m): 1:48pm On Oct 13, 2015
Sharp guy. Very smart and eloquent man

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: What I Saw In Akwa Ibom Made Me Built N2.5bn Ekiti Gov House-fayemi by Vicotex(m): 1:48pm On Oct 13, 2015
Fayose always making Yoruba people proud. Osun fellas, i get eba and soup if una go chop alert me

8 Likes

Re: What I Saw In Akwa Ibom Made Me Built N2.5bn Ekiti Gov House-fayemi by ayo4dworld(m): 1:49pm On Oct 13, 2015
Thats' what we want. replicate the good work to your state from wherever you see..... Don't travel outside with your eyes close, open your eyes to see what you can also implement here in your home country..

10 Likes

Re: What I Saw In Akwa Ibom Made Me Built N2.5bn Ekiti Gov House-fayemi by Splashme: 1:49pm On Oct 13, 2015
Atlantian:
He didnt see the Boulevard.

He didnt see the Afro Tropicana

He didnt see the E-Library

He didnt see the world Class Stadium

He didnt see the World Class Roads

He didnt see the Bridges

He saw only the Government House and Beds.

APC - Yeye de smell.
Fayemi is another shameless liar.

We saw copies of the invoices for that 50m bed.
Why then did he refuse to disclose the 'actual' cost of the bed?

His claim about the Akwa Ibom govt house is laughable.
Is Ekiti's revenue same as Akwa Ibom? It's like a poor primary school teacher
borrowing to buy a Rolex wrist watch just because he saw Dangote wearing one

70 Likes 5 Shares

Re: What I Saw In Akwa Ibom Made Me Built N2.5bn Ekiti Gov House-fayemi by raziboi(m): 1:49pm On Oct 13, 2015
50 million bed though!!!

1 Like

Re: What I Saw In Akwa Ibom Made Me Built N2.5bn Ekiti Gov House-fayemi by Nobody: 1:49pm On Oct 13, 2015
Was that all you hearð?
Re: What I Saw In Akwa Ibom Made Me Built N2.5bn Ekiti Gov House-fayemi by kelvyn7: 1:50pm On Oct 13, 2015
"made me BUILT" shocked jezzzzz

10 Likes

Re: What I Saw In Akwa Ibom Made Me Built N2.5bn Ekiti Gov House-fayemi by Pavore9: 1:50pm On Oct 13, 2015
Hmm... Ekiti and Akwa ibom are not equal revenue-wise! Residents of a State do not feel good from a befitting Government House rather from befitting schools. befitting hospitals and health centres, befitting roads etc.

10 Likes

Re: What I Saw In Akwa Ibom Made Me Built N2.5bn Ekiti Gov House-fayemi by ionsman: 1:50pm On Oct 13, 2015
He didn't say he was inspired by Akwa Ibom government house.

He said when he visited Akwa Ibom and Kaduna state government houses of recent and saw what was on ground he was wowed.

Meaning he did nothing wrong in building a befitting government house.Because according to him, he met a two bedroom government house where he couldn't hold cabinet meetings.

P.S: Fayemi is too sound. I watched in awe. Wow!!!

35 Likes

Re: What I Saw In Akwa Ibom Made Me Built N2.5bn Ekiti Gov House-fayemi by Sigo86(m): 1:50pm On Oct 13, 2015
southsouthman:
This is one politician I love but I must say that if this was his response to the question then I am so disappointed. Is he saying that he didn't take into consideration his state's monthly income and that of Akwa Ibom. This is just like saying a man whose monthly or yearly income of 200k building a house of 3m because he saw his colleague whose income is 7m having that structure.

This's just few out of all he said... Kindly Login on twitter and see what Nigerians had been saying abt him... He performed with Class...

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What I Saw In Akwa Ibom Made Me Built N2.5bn Ekiti Gov House-fayemi by idris4r83(m): 1:50pm On Oct 13, 2015
The best man so far.
Re: What I Saw In Akwa Ibom Made Me Built N2.5bn Ekiti Gov House-fayemi by Osu175(m): 1:50pm On Oct 13, 2015
Akwa Ibom ayaya. I guess he didnt see the world class roads and fountains

12 Likes

Re: What I Saw In Akwa Ibom Made Me Built N2.5bn Ekiti Gov House-fayemi by Nobody: 1:51pm On Oct 13, 2015
Former governor Akpabio did well for Akwa Ibom people.

Good work man.

8 Likes

Re: What I Saw In Akwa Ibom Made Me Built N2.5bn Ekiti Gov House-fayemi by lmm4real: 1:51pm On Oct 13, 2015
May God help us
Re: What I Saw In Akwa Ibom Made Me Built N2.5bn Ekiti Gov House-fayemi by Leyemoshood: 1:51pm On Oct 13, 2015
lols

in other news,order your football jerseys
https://www.nairaland.com/2447345/2015-2016-new-jerseys-available/0
Re: What I Saw In Akwa Ibom Made Me Built N2.5bn Ekiti Gov House-fayemi by richidinho(m): 1:51pm On Oct 13, 2015
Akwa ibom Ayaya....dakkada

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Meet Debby Nnamdi-Victor Who Prophesied About Senator Elisha Abbo In 2016 / Governor Uzodimma’s House Set Ablaze in His Hometown, Omuma / Dakuku Peterside To Be Prosecuted For Murder

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.