Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,226 members, 7,818,770 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:45 AM

Unclaimed Dividends - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Unclaimed Dividends (2984 Views)

HELP! Registrars Fraustrating Shareholders Frm Getting Their Unclaimed Dividends / Check Your Unclaimed Dividends / What Happens To Unclaimed Dividends After All? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Unclaimed Dividends by jakigaga(m): 5:20pm On Oct 13, 2015
Some shares were purchased for me and my siblings sometime in 2006.i was at the post office to renew the subscription and they gave me a bag filled with Dividend checks. We have never cashed any, How do we go about cashing the Dividend checks.
Re: Unclaimed Dividends by Austin234(m): 5:57pm On Oct 13, 2015
If u have a current account with any bank, approach them with d checks. B4 dat, ensure dat d dividend warrant is stil valid too
Re: Unclaimed Dividends by Babe2sure(f): 6:02pm On Oct 13, 2015
You cannot claim it after six months. Payment elapses after six months. You can try your luck, though.
Re: Unclaimed Dividends by ogbs2020love: 6:13pm On Oct 13, 2015
Which companies ? Also is it that no one had gone to your Post office box since 2006? clarify the house please!
Re: Unclaimed Dividends by jakigaga(m): 9:04pm On Oct 13, 2015
Nobody has been there for that period,it was a staff of the broker that brought some dividend check from last year to the house to verify that the recipient are still alive that made me visit the post office.The bank said are expired and so cant be cashed.I have sent my sister to the broker but decided to get advice from this forum as well.
Re: Unclaimed Dividends by Babe2sure(f): 7:11am On Oct 14, 2015
jakigaga:
Nobody has been there for that period,it was a staff of the broker that brought some dividend check from last year to the house to verify that the recipient are still alive that made me visit the post office.The bank said are expired and so cant be cashed.I have sent my sister to the broker but decided to get advice from this forum as well.

Go to the post office regularly, so that the next ones will not expire. You will just calculate from the date on the cheque, it expires at six month.
Since it was opened for you and your siblings, I guess it will be in your names and a current account would have been opened to that effect, because you will need current account for the transactions.
Your stockbroker will advice you accordingly. However, don't change stockbrokers anyhow, incase you want to sell part of it. There are fake stockbrokers too. Stick to the one that you know is original.
Re: Unclaimed Dividends by Nobody: 7:21am On Oct 14, 2015
jakigaga:

Since you have confirmed that all the dividend warrant have all expired. What you should do is to write and send back all the expired dividend warrant to all the individual registrars in charge of the stocks and request they should revalidate them. The will do that and send it back to your post office address.

Your must open savings account that can accept cheques like gold current account in Access bank or current account before you can be able to cash the money.

If you need the address of the registras, just write all the companies where you have stocks then I can be able to check and give you the answer.

Goodluck.

1 Like

Re: Unclaimed Dividends by simplygreat(m): 1:01pm On Oct 14, 2015
It can still be claimed or revalidated. Just go to the registrars office and fill the forms.
Re: Unclaimed Dividends by Austin234(m): 10:41pm On Oct 14, 2015
No point writing to the registrar, just visit ur stock brokers. They wil advice u acordingly. God bles u
Re: Unclaimed Dividends by freeman67: 6:05am On Oct 15, 2015
It depends on the city you are in Nigeria. if you are in Lag no need for much worries,just take them to the registrars address written on and they qill revalidate them for you.
Re: Unclaimed Dividends by Arabs999: 5:53pm On Oct 15, 2015
freeman67:
It depends on the city you are in Nigeria. if you are in Lag no need for much worries,just take them to the registrars address written on and they qill revalidate them for you.
...Seconded
Re: Unclaimed Dividends by Cocolatti(m): 6:56pm On Oct 15, 2015
My late father who died in 1993 has shares with UAC. The problem we have now is that we have nothing to present to show ownership of those shares. I once saw the certificates shortly after his death but then i didnt understand what they are until some years later and i went back to check and couldnt find them. I browse the company's website and i saw his name in the Unclaimed Dividends list. I tried to contact UAC Registrars through the phone and email address provided on the website but both the message and call doesnt go through. I discover that the only option is to go to their office in lagos. I live in kaduna and am not sure if there is a solution since the share certificates are lost. Please is there anybody who is familiar with how this thing work? Your advise is needed P.L.E.A.S.E!!!
Re: Unclaimed Dividends by dustydee: 7:52am On May 03, 2017
Cocolatti:
My late father who died in 1993 has shares with UAC. The problem we have now is that we have nothing to present to show ownership of those shares. I once saw the certificates shortly after his death but then i didnt understand what they are until some years later and i went back to check and couldnt find them. I browse the company's website and i saw his name in the Unclaimed Dividends list. I tried to contact UAC Registrars through the phone and email address provided on the website but both the message and call doesnt go through. I discover that the only option is to go to their office in lagos. I live in kaduna and am not sure if there is a solution since the share certificates are lost. Please is there anybody who is familiar with how this thing work? Your advise is needed P.L.E.A.S.E!!!

Check this site using your father's name, you may be able to find the account number and the registrar which you can approach for further enquiries.

https://u-ediv.investoreducation.gov.ng/

(1) (Reply)

How To Get Free N600 Airtime (ALL NETWORKS) / INVESTMENTS AND SELF DEVELOPMENT TIPS / Pls Between Forex And Gambling,which Is More Real?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.