Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,022 members, 7,818,024 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:05 AM

Shocking! This Is Sadism - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Shocking! This Is Sadism (4165 Views)

SHOCKING; This Nigeria City Is The Most Polluted city In The World / SHOCKING: This “change” Is Killing Us: Open Letter To President Muhammadu Buhari / Shocking! This Pix Will Amaze You. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Shocking! This Is Sadism by Realtouchnot: 5:23pm On Oct 13, 2015
174 SAT FOR AN EXAM AND ONLY 10 PEOPLE PASSED.

The Faculty of Surgery, Postgraduate Medical College of Nigeria, released the recent Primaries result (preliminary examination taken by new young doctors, as requirements for getting an opportunity to be trained as Consultant Surgeons. The result showed that only 10 people passed out of 174, who did the exam. I think there's absolutely no justification for this result as an everage candidate was said to have spent nothing under N100, 000 as exam fee and update course fee(some of these doctors are not even employed yet)

Some of the candidates complained that most of the questions were out of the curriculum and some were based on obsolete topics which are not being practiced again in modern medicine.

This can only be termed sadism, because no reasonable teacher will publish this kind of pass rate. Some of these chaps will leave to foreign countries and become the best there, evidence abound.

3 Likes

Re: Shocking! This Is Sadism by Cutehector(m): 5:26pm On Oct 13, 2015
Nigeria just needs sound doctors...
Re: Shocking! This Is Sadism by Upnepaa(m): 5:39pm On Oct 13, 2015
undecided
Re: Shocking! This Is Sadism by ernesty20(m): 5:39pm On Oct 13, 2015
Where is the sadistic pic?
Re: Shocking! This Is Sadism by Yujin(m): 5:50pm On Oct 13, 2015
Is it not Nigeria where lecturers rejoice at the failure of their students? Most of these students will then struggle to find their way out where they become successful then the foolish government will come to beg them to come back.

3 Likes

Re: Shocking! This Is Sadism by fx45(m): 5:53pm On Oct 13, 2015
Looking at that list with a tribal lens, I can see that Yeeboes (as usual) are in the majority. They have taken 5 slots out of 10. Na only them waka come

Yeeboes must go!

11 Likes

Re: Shocking! This Is Sadism by henribj(m): 6:00pm On Oct 13, 2015
if the students who failed the exams believe that the questions asked where not in the curriculum provided to them, they should simply take the matter to court.
other than that there is nothing really much they can do.
except to come back next year.

1 Like

Re: Shocking! This Is Sadism by tpiander: 6:01pm On Oct 13, 2015
Realtouchnot:

The Faculty of Surgery, Postgraduate Medical College of Nigeria, released the recent Primaries result (preliminary examination taken by new young doctors, as requirements for getting an opportunity to be trained as Consultant Surgeons. The result showed that only 10 people passed out of 174, who did the exam. I think there's absolutely no justification for this result as an everage candidate was said to have spent nothing under N100, 000 as exam fee and update course fee(some of these doctors are not even employed yet)

Some of the candidates complained that most of the questions were out of the curriculum and some were based on obsolete topics which are not being practiced again in modern medicine.

This can only be termed sadism, because no reasonable teacher will publish this kind of pass rate. Some of these chaps will leave to foreign countries and become the best there, evidence abound.

why are you displaying people's names and personal information on nairaland?

are you folks being paid to track and count the Nigerian doctors and their locations?

what you are doing is illegal and an invasion of privacy.

You should reveal your own personal information so you can be contacted by the people whose info you are exposing.

4 Likes

Re: Shocking! This Is Sadism by Realtouchnot: 6:33pm On Oct 13, 2015
tpiander:

why are you displaying people's names and personal information on nairaland?

are you folks being paid to track and count the Nigerian doctors and their locations?

what you are doing is illegal and an invasion of privacy.

You should reveal your own personal information so you can be contacted by the people whose info you are exposing.

Sorry, but the details were posted in many websites, I only made it available to Nairaland. Didn't mean any harm. Thanks

3 Likes

Re: Shocking! This Is Sadism by Realtouchnot: 6:36pm On Oct 13, 2015
henribj:
if the students who failed the exams believe that the questions asked where not in the curriculum provided to them, they should simply take the matter to court.

Court? I think you can do that once you conclude you would never be in the program again
Re: Shocking! This Is Sadism by Realtouchnot: 6:37pm On Oct 13, 2015
henribj:

Court? I think you can do that once you conclude you would never be in the program again.
Re: Shocking! This Is Sadism by henribj(m): 6:42pm On Oct 13, 2015
Realtouchnot:

Court? I think you can do that once you conclude you would never be in the program again.

yes court.
most Nigerians are selfish
what if you go to court to expose this and purify the system and things start working as they should, and people are able to write exams and graded accordingly, is it bad if you make the sacrifice for other people? after all it does not mean you will die. besides the recognition you will get will get you recognition and who knows even sponsors who will sponsor your education abroad.
#justsaying

1 Like

Re: Shocking! This Is Sadism by tpiander: 6:45pm On Oct 13, 2015
Realtouchnot:

Sorry, but the details were posted in many websites, I only made it available to Nairaland. Didn't mean any harm. Thanks

can you provide links, thanks.
Re: Shocking! This Is Sadism by Nobody: 7:20pm On Oct 13, 2015
fx45:
Looking at that list with a tribal lens, I can see that Yeeboes (as usual) are in the majority. They have taken 5 slots out of 10. Na only them waka come

Yeeboes must go!
Has anyone else noticed the number of certified ediots roaming nairaland has grown astronomically high in the last two months.

I think the guy I quoted above is definitely one of them. sad

2 Likes

Re: Shocking! This Is Sadism by HopeAtHand: 8:17pm On Oct 13, 2015
Half of them (5 out of 10) are Igboid.

Congrats..

5 Likes

Re: Shocking! This Is Sadism by Nobody: 8:21pm On Oct 13, 2015
Can we see some of the exam questions? Backward country! cry cry cry cry
Re: Shocking! This Is Sadism by Jdbrasco2: 8:35pm On Oct 13, 2015
fx45:

Yeeboes must go!
How come dey gave only the easterners >=50% slots? Its not fair naa
Re: Shocking! This Is Sadism by mightyhaze: 8:38pm On Oct 13, 2015
10 out of 174 is an abysmally low number. Wot happened ? Wasn't d exams 4m dia curriculum?

2 Likes

Re: Shocking! This Is Sadism by mejai(m): 8:44pm On Oct 13, 2015
fx45:

Yeeboes must go!
honestly u deserve fried chicken and a Chapman. u r so funny a beg.grin
Re: Shocking! This Is Sadism by ruffhandu: 9:16pm On Oct 13, 2015
I hope some of them were not thinking that because they spent over 100k they must be passed. Being a consultant no suppose be moi-moi.
Re: Shocking! This Is Sadism by Nobody: 10:23pm On Oct 13, 2015
This is just the problem it the Nigeria system reflecting itself, this is total nonsense, the exam set up so poor and faulty to the core, the West Africa is way better
Re: Shocking! This Is Sadism by armadeo(m): 11:26pm On Oct 13, 2015
The question you all should be asking is what did those 10candidates do that they passed. If everybody failed then something's wrong if one person passes the rest weren't prepared.

Meanwhile the cost of exams doesn't mean you must pass. It's irrelevant to this discourse. Many people weren't prepared 10 people were prepared. Simple.

Meanwhile op I feel that you should remove that list or at least blot out names. The website's that have those type of lists aren't visited like nairaland. Do the needful.
Re: Shocking! This Is Sadism by Nobody: 11:37pm On Oct 13, 2015
Realtouchnot:

the ten people that passed, were they kept in a separate room to write their exam or was it a different question that was given to them?

2 Likes

Re: Shocking! This Is Sadism by Vicadonis(m): 11:43pm On Oct 13, 2015
Nigerian students no know book. na only 'nobraday' dem sabi

5 Likes

Re: Shocking! This Is Sadism by Nobody: 2:45am On Oct 14, 2015
mightyhaze:
10 out of 174 is an abysmally low number. Wot happened ? Wasn't d exams 4m dia curriculum?

Please a medical consultant exam is not NECO that quota is applied. The number should not be the point rather the knowledge. It is better to have one trained physician than admit 174 dismally trained Drs who will end up forgetting surgical knives in people's belly.

3 Likes

Re: Shocking! This Is Sadism by Behira(f): 4:15am On Oct 14, 2015
FriedPlantain:
Has anyone else noticed the number of certified ediots roaming nairaland has grown astronomically high in the last two months.

I think the guy I quoted above is definitely one of them. sad
For once i tink i bliv u
Re: Shocking! This Is Sadism by Uniben4sure: 4:22am On Oct 14, 2015
fx45:

Yeeboes must go!
lol. Don't know why this post got me lol
Re: Shocking! This Is Sadism by Descartes: 5:10am On Oct 14, 2015
All I see in that list is tribalism. Why are there too many 'biafraudians' in that list in a school in Yoruba land leaving we the 'sophisticated' ones and our slave masters with few numbers? The examiner must be a 'biafraudians '. Are they the only one in Zoogeria?
Lagoon awaits them sha.

1 Like

Re: Shocking! This Is Sadism by LieDetector(m): 5:23am On Oct 14, 2015
fx45:

Yeeboes must go!
lmao @ tribal lens.

Una no go kee me grin
Re: Shocking! This Is Sadism by onismate: 5:51am On Oct 14, 2015
henribj:
simple, they should take the matter to court. All these things are rampant in medical line. My sister is even about to register for one which cost about N600,000 and we are advising her to safe her money because all the Nigerian lecturers and exams, dem no dey joke. They love having customers year in year out.
Re: Shocking! This Is Sadism by 2el(m): 6:45am On Oct 14, 2015
Realtouchnot:

7igbo 2 Yoruba and 1 Hausa Jagaban and his counterpart from Daura are coming after dem. grin grin grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

I've Officially Decamped To PDP / Okorocha Fumes As Gov-elect Ihedioha Issues Directives To Govt Bankers In Imo / Fani-kayode Unveils New Lover. PHOTOS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.