Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,730 members, 7,817,004 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:42 PM

Buhari's Led Government Will Defeat Boko Haram - Obasanjo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari's Led Government Will Defeat Boko Haram - Obasanjo (549 Views)

Reno Omokri Mocks APC Led Government / 16 Things Soludo Told Buhari-Led APC Government In Kaduna / I Won’t Resign Even If I Don’t Defeat Boko Haram By December, Says Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari's Led Government Will Defeat Boko Haram - Obasanjo by redefined300(m): 7:39pm On Oct 13, 2015

In a recent interview, Olusegun Obasanjo, the Former President of Nigeria has expressed satisfaction with the progress made so far by the military in the fight against the dreaded Boko Haram insurgents insisting that the soldiers are leafy having an upper hand and they are winning the war against terrorism in the country.

Source :http://www.naijadefined.com/2015/10/buharis-led-government-will-defeat-boko.html?m=1

Obasanjo who was at the Presidential Villa spoke to Correspondents after meeting with President Muhammadu Buhari yesterday and also urged the President to learn from Colombians how they have coped with insurgency in their country for the past fifty years.
The former President also said he briefed Buhari on the outcome of the task of reconciling the feuding factions in Guinea Bissau given to him by the Commonwealth. He assured that a new Prime Minister would be selected to lead the beleaguered African country in a couple of days.

When quizzed why he took the long trip to the Villa, Obasanjo said

[b]
“Let me just let you know that I have come to see the President for two reasons. The first one is the one you have just seen. I brought a delegation of those of us who visited Columbia last year under the auspices of a foundation which I am the chairman.
“We went to Columbia to see how all the Columbian authorities were handling the issue of insurgency which had been with them for more than 50 years.
“As a result of that visit and the experience we had, a book was produced and I said to them that it will be interesting for us in Nigeria to learn as much as we can learn from the experience of Columbia.
“The second aspect of my visit was the work that both the President and the ECOWAS gave me in Guinea Bissau.
“The last time, we were able to resolve all the issues of getting a new Prime Minister. This time, we had also been able to resolve the issue of now forming a government.
“If nothing intervenes, I believe between today and tomorrow, a new government will be in place in Guinea Bissau. They have been without government for almost two months.
When I was there, I praised the restraint of the general public and particularly the military because the military leaders told me that for two months, they have not gotten salary. They could not even buy fuel into military vehicles and yet they continue to maintain restraints.
That cannot go on forever. So, I hope that the actions that we have taken over the weekend (I was there on Friday morning and I left early morning of Sunday), we might be in the process of putting that behind us.”
[/b]

When correspondents asked what specific lessons are to be learnt from the Colombia experience, the former President said

“The specific thing is that they have been fighting insurgency for 50 years. They celebrated their 50 years in existence in May last year, in fact, we went there in June.
So, we want to see what has kept them going, what has kept insurgency going? What has made the government of Columbia to make three attempts to seek peace, to end the war and insurgency and they failed. What are the new efforts that they are making? How likely are those new efforts going to succeed?”
Re: Buhari's Led Government Will Defeat Boko Haram - Obasanjo by Psylas(m): 7:43pm On Oct 13, 2015
Obasanjo is very stup!d
Re: Buhari's Led Government Will Defeat Boko Haram - Obasanjo by redefined300(m): 8:25pm On Oct 13, 2015
Psylas:
Obasanjo is very stup!d

Why do u say so
Re: Buhari's Led Government Will Defeat Boko Haram - Obasanjo by myqel(m): 8:26pm On Oct 13, 2015
I have been hearing that tey tey even before election but uptil now, they(boko boys) are the one defeating us undecided
Re: Buhari's Led Government Will Defeat Boko Haram - Obasanjo by Psylas(m): 9:06pm On Oct 13, 2015
redefined300:

Why do u say so
he was currupt as a president and boko haram started in his government

(1) (Reply)

Obasanjo’s Questionable Colombian Security Experts - Thisday / In The Words Of Patrick Obahiagbon / OMG!!! DSS Foils Boko Haram Attempt To Bomb Popular Residential Estate In Lagos(

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.