Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,682 members, 7,813,270 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:58 AM

Buhari: Selfish Elite Behind Criticism Of My Appointments - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari: Selfish Elite Behind Criticism Of My Appointments (25054 Views)

El-rufai To Buhari: Selfish People Surround You / Elite Behind Pro-biafran Agitations / El Rufai - ....not Happy With My Appointments? Go And Die - Nigerians React (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari: Selfish Elite Behind Criticism Of My Appointments by Opinedecandid(m): 7:30am On Oct 15, 2015
FarnTarhCoal:
I was so surprised when I heard that President wrote a letter to the Senate President this morning about the withdrawal of one of the Nominees - Musa.
That's a thumbs up to him as he shows he waved sentiment aside and did what he felt was the best.

I do hope that he actually fulfil as he has promised.

Promise they say, is a debt.

In your thinking and conclusion, this is a plus to Mr. President?

After using over a hundred and twenty days for selection, scrutiny, background checks and what have you, he ended up withdrawing the same name he claimed he spent up that length of time to chose.

Or, is the justification of having to use over four months in office before sending the names the quality of members of #TheList?

Some of you will stop at nothing in applauding Buhari in what ever he does, for reasons that beat reason and beat minds.

We all acknowledge the fact that he is not a young man, and for some of us who would not be swept by sentiments to join the bandwagon to shout hurrah when his actions don't deserve it, we all want to grow old, too.

But for those of you who are blinded, learn to call a spade a spade so he can always reconsider his steps before taking them and that when ever his mistakes are pointed to him, he can be civilian enough to retrace a bad action and show remorse.

Let him not continue this way and be seen as being unstable minded.
Re: Buhari: Selfish Elite Behind Criticism Of My Appointments by Louislewis: 7:34am On Oct 15, 2015
[size=16pt]Yes, you need to be criticized. Your lopsided appointment have a lot of negative effect on the masses. As you have one sided appointment, so also is job opportunities and job offers will be one sided, thereby denying some other people of such opportunities. You can't tell us that it is only from the northern part of this nation we have competent and incorruptible people. You need to be criticized.[/size]

1 Like

Re: Buhari: Selfish Elite Behind Criticism Of My Appointments by Opinedecandid(m): 7:40am On Oct 15, 2015
The guy above me, don't mind 'some' Nigerians. They think he should not be criticised, at all.
Re: Buhari: Selfish Elite Behind Criticism Of My Appointments by oneolajire(m): 7:56am On Oct 15, 2015
10% vat is penny-wise pound-foolish. The problem of this country is not really revenue, but meticulous spending of resources. Poverty level will never decrease if vat is increased
Re: Buhari: Selfish Elite Behind Criticism Of My Appointments by nobeku: 8:11am On Oct 15, 2015
yanabasee:

This is so, becoz the APC will always have ways of meandering their statements... So assuming this statement is used against them tomorrow... They'll say the president never made the comment himself that it was merely speculated by the VP. And the story will fold. This is APC for you!
Who is this mediocre mind
Re: Buhari: Selfish Elite Behind Criticism Of My Appointments by nobeku: 8:14am On Oct 15, 2015
CR77:
Buhari is scam tongue
Yeah..He scammed you and took away the "stealing is not corruption" mentality.. Deal with it..
Re: Buhari: Selfish Elite Behind Criticism Of My Appointments by smuth(m): 8:17am On Oct 15, 2015
"He disclosed that from government’s calculations, it will spend approximately N51 to N60 to feed every school pupil in keeping faith with the administration’s campaign promises. With the projection, the President noted that it would not cost the government as much as being speculated to implement the school feeding programme".

It appears Buhari is gonna serve our children with a cup of garri and kulikuli. Chai baba do you give your children N51 to N60 as chop money? Baba this is 2015 and not 1975.

Oya APC mumus come and defend your hero.
Re: Buhari: Selfish Elite Behind Criticism Of My Appointments by yanabasee(m): 8:19am On Oct 15, 2015
nobeku:
Who is this mediocre mind
Just shift abeg! Don't have time for idiotz!
Re: Buhari: Selfish Elite Behind Criticism Of My Appointments by smuth(m): 8:21am On Oct 15, 2015
smartmoses:
Who are the competent among the ministers?is it Fashola or Amaechi.All of them are criminals...#ProbeAmaechi

"He disclosed that from government’s calculations, it will spend approximately N51 to N60 to feed every school pupil in keeping faith with the administration’s campaign promises. With the projection, the President noted that it would not cost the government as much as being speculated to implement the school feeding programme".

It appears Buhari is gonna serve our children with a cup of garri and kulikuli. Chai baba do you give your children N51 to N60 as chop money? Baba this is 2015 and not 1975.

Re: Buhari: Selfish Elite Behind Criticism Of My Appointments by Koolmexxi(m): 8:22am On Oct 15, 2015
Oga PMB U're d architect of their criticisms for making everyone expect too much. U could have jus sent those names after ur inauguration, especially the first batch and no one would have cared but u kept on going about how u were looking to bring "saints" as ministers. Whether u want to accept it or not, d list wasn't worth d wait. Anyways u should learn to take criticisms now and let ur work speak for itself rather than speaking for ur work.
Re: Buhari: Selfish Elite Behind Criticism Of My Appointments by nobeku: 8:24am On Oct 15, 2015
Benwems:

But its five months into his regime. No ministers/cabinet. Wasted 5 months to bring back recycled thiefs/politicians. So what the fvck you talking when you say his 1 year will be better than 16 years of pdp. When we are close to midway of the one year. Bro stop talking shiit. Its late go to bed, sleep easy and reason well next time.
PMB's 5months in office is better than 20years of PMB's rule.. YOU CAN TAKE THAT TO THE BANK!!!
Re: Buhari: Selfish Elite Behind Criticism Of My Appointments by smuth(m): 8:24am On Oct 15, 2015
ogunsbanjul:
At this juncture the truth need to be told. No matter how this present government systematically and professionally handles the affairs and lead the good people of Nigeria to our promised land, the evil agents who belief in amass themselves through the nation's wealth will never be happy rather sad, criticizing negatively even while impacting positively through a benefiting programs, keep condemning people's president for is slow, steady, highly focused and brilliant handling the affairs of this great nation. I urge the well meaning Nigerians to be prayerful,release our own quota and encourage the AGENTS of CHANGE rather than listening to AGENTS of DOOM who are stoned minded until they are forcefully changed by this wind of change. May the Lord God protect, guide, empower, favour and give our unique and God given president/vice president the enablement to lead us rightfully irrespective of internal challenges from those who are destined for destruction. God bless Nigeria! God bless me,my family,well wishers and cause those cause me!! God bless Federal Republic of Nigeria

Re: Buhari: Selfish Elite Behind Criticism Of My Appointments by smuth(m): 8:25am On Oct 15, 2015
madridguy:
PMB the best man for the Job.

APC the best party for positive change

Fact: A brilliant touch of CR7 is far better than 90 minutes play of Chelsea FC.

Moral: PMB one year will be better than 16 wasted years of PDP leadership.

Quotes me to Mogadishu.

Re: Buhari: Selfish Elite Behind Criticism Of My Appointments by smuth(m): 8:26am On Oct 15, 2015
BlackBaron:
It'll not be a cake walk to fight off years of entitled elites who chose and imposed their own will on the collective millions. However, it should not distract them from choosing only the best.

On the issue of money... I have repeatedly stated that Nigeria is very far from rich.
Even if all holes were plugged, oil alone can never sustain this country with her kind of population. It'll take a well presented and planned approach to alternative revenue streams.
Vat for example should be raised! How they'll do it it's their own issue.
They asked to be elected, they got it. Now they have to navigate us out of the current situation.

Re: Buhari: Selfish Elite Behind Criticism Of My Appointments by smuth(m): 8:27am On Oct 15, 2015
LordMecuzy:
We Dey Your back PMB No Shaking

Re: Buhari: Selfish Elite Behind Criticism Of My Appointments by stanech: 8:28am On Oct 15, 2015
smuth:

I was surprised to read that shitt. This same policy that plunged osun into a failed state. So the feeding will cost 60 naira.

Shai I wonder the kind of people this apc are.

Why now use that money to complete and build new industries and create jobs for the youth
Re: Buhari: Selfish Elite Behind Criticism Of My Appointments by smuth(m): 8:28am On Oct 15, 2015
Dannyset:
All am concerned about is the success of this govt. Now how that happens is not much of my business. The process can only be used as a template, but the success mattered most. And no matter what, It's going to be a great SUCCESS.

Re: Buhari: Selfish Elite Behind Criticism Of My Appointments by smuth(m): 8:29am On Oct 15, 2015
booqee:
hmm but some of we that supported you and APC are fast losing our patience mehn!

Re: Buhari: Selfish Elite Behind Criticism Of My Appointments by awayeyebundle: 8:43am On Oct 15, 2015
PMB is trying to give us the best of this administration but some APC are there looking for how to pocket the whole country into their own personal affair by dictating.If 10percent is used for VAT and the man salary is small at the end of the month and u increase VAT is'nt that outrageous,the country Nigeria should be based how assets u've and ur investment by VAT,so the rich can be giving back to the society indirectly by VAT nt extorting the poor income on the same platform with rich.....And for the yearly expenditure,there should be a way where this Trillion are reduced to Billion because of the Reserved of money for the future....A country that uses all is funds without reserved is not a thinking country.......#bundlesayso#
Re: Buhari: Selfish Elite Behind Criticism Of My Appointments by MizMyColi(f): 8:55am On Oct 15, 2015
jhydebaba:
the sole reason is that Mr President cannot be everywhere at the same time. If he has to be at every function to speak for himself then...

Your reason does not hold water.

if he were interested in speaking to us in Nigeria, then that can always be arranged.
Re: Buhari: Selfish Elite Behind Criticism Of My Appointments by Dannyset(m): 9:07am On Oct 15, 2015
smuth:

Stop nau!
Re: Buhari: Selfish Elite Behind Criticism Of My Appointments by IbokUtoroh(m): 9:44am On Oct 15, 2015
MizMyColi:

That could be one reason, and if so, it is dismal.
*sighs*
did u see how vp was sleeping at that event?
When i say channel tv is biased, channel is more of apc.. I bet u if it was a pdp man that slept in that event, the whole searchlight would ve been on him.
Re: Buhari: Selfish Elite Behind Criticism Of My Appointments by MizMyColi(f): 11:12am On Oct 15, 2015
IbokUtoroh:

did u see how vp was sleeping at that event?
When i say channel tv is biased, channel is more of apc.. I bet u if it was a pdp man that slept in that event, the whole searchlight would ve been on him.

I equally suspect that.
However, I like that they are being somewhat discreet about it.
Re: Buhari: Selfish Elite Behind Criticism Of My Appointments by 400billionman: 11:15am On Oct 15, 2015
Sir, you are very parochial and narrowminded..
Re: Buhari: Selfish Elite Behind Criticism Of My Appointments by nobeku: 1:46pm On Oct 15, 2015
yanabasee:

Just shift abeg! Don't have time for idiotz!
How old are you?
Re: Buhari: Selfish Elite Behind Criticism Of My Appointments by toprealman: 4:31pm On Oct 15, 2015
By appointing Audu Ogbeh or what?
Re: Buhari: Selfish Elite Behind Criticism Of My Appointments by solidifi: 5:20pm On Oct 15, 2015
Story for the dogs.
If Buhari does not pay attention sectional and religious interests, how come there's no Imo citizen in his
cabinet?

Is it not because he feels Imo state did not massively vote for APC or him?
Re: Buhari: Selfish Elite Behind Criticism Of My Appointments by solidifi: 5:22pm On Oct 15, 2015
Is there no competent person in Imo state?
Re: Buhari: Selfish Elite Behind Criticism Of My Appointments by philips70(m): 6:56pm On Oct 15, 2015
MizMyColi:

Far from bitterness.
Going by your antecedents here, I think you need the advice more.
Your emotional blackmail won't gag me.

Please end it.
Thread's being derailed.

You have zilch moral right to tell me of any antecedents. I think you should stay offline more as you will make more sense being there.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Buhari Administration’s Anti-Corruption War Political — Shehu Sani / Youths Celebrate The Appointment Of Umana Okon As Oil & Gas Zone MD By Buhari / Hameed Ali May Be Arrested Over ‘lopsided' Northern Appointments

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.