Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,813 members, 7,820,876 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:58 PM

No Youth In Ministerial List...why? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / No Youth In Ministerial List...why? (805 Views)

Abuja Natives Protest Non-inclusion In Ministerial List (Photos) / Senate May Involve EFCC, ICPC In Ministerial Screening / Ministerial List: Why Buhari Holds On To 15 Other Nominees (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

No Youth In Ministerial List...why? by youngalex(m): 8:37am On Oct 14, 2015
I asked my friend..Did Audu Ogbeh campaign,carry banners or man any polling unit as a party agent? Am sure he didn't, Youths Did,Nigerian Youths constituted more than 50% of the voting population yet PMB did not find it worthy to include a youth in his Ministerial nominations or is he implying that no youth is worthy of becoming a minister?
Re: No Youth In Ministerial List...why? by ammyluv2002(f): 8:43am On Oct 14, 2015
Cause we aren't ready...we are busy "facebooking", "2going", "Nairalanding", "interneting","Instagraming", tweeting and watching EPL grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: No Youth In Ministerial List...why? by youngalex(m): 9:03am On Oct 14, 2015
ammyluv2002:
Cause we aren't ready...we are busy "facebooking", "2going", "Nairalanding", "interneting","Instagraming", tweeting and watching EPL grin cheesy
Says who?....if you are not ready am ready and I know many Nigerians both here and in the diaspora willing to make Nigeria work if given the opportunity
Re: No Youth In Ministerial List...why? by kahal29: 9:08am On Oct 14, 2015
youngalex:
I asked my friend..Did Audu Ogbeh campaign,carry banners or man any polling unit as a party agent? Am sure he didn't, Youths Did,Nigerian Youths constituted more than 50% of the voting population yet PMB did not find it worthy to include a youth in his Ministerial nominations or is he implying that no youth is worthy of becoming a minister?

Their is one from sokoto state.
Miss Aisha Abubakar
Re: No Youth In Ministerial List...why? by Aromas: 9:15am On Oct 14, 2015
youngalex:
Because we all focus on how to build mansion, ride Ferrari within the space of 2yrs of working experiencegringrin Meaning most them lack Leadership

1 Like

Re: No Youth In Ministerial List...why? by ammyluv2002(f): 9:16am On Oct 14, 2015
youngalex:

Says who?....if you are not ready am ready and I know many Nigerians both here and in the diaspora willing to make Nigeria work if given the opportunity
So what have you contributed? Are you even known within your community? Leadership starts from the grassroot
Re: No Youth In Ministerial List...why? by youngalex(m): 9:45am On Oct 14, 2015
kahal29:

Their is one from sokoto state.
Miss Aisha Abubakar
Ms Aisha is no youth,she is above the age
Re: No Youth In Ministerial List...why? by Naijiant: 9:46am On Oct 14, 2015
Re: No Youth In Ministerial List...why? by youngalex(m): 9:49am On Oct 14, 2015
Aromas:

Because we all focus on how to build mansion, ride Ferrari within the space of 2yrs of working experiencegringrin Meaning most them lack Leadership
Don't say that bro,i can comfortably list 10 Nigerian Youths from diverse ethnic backgrounds worthy of ministerial appointment,this issue is psychological they make you believe you aren't worthy yet during election time they recruit youths for campaign, I challenge all Nigerian Youths today to stay in their homes during election. Time let's see if the old men will do the work
Re: No Youth In Ministerial List...why? by Aromas: 9:51am On Oct 14, 2015
youngalex:

Don't say that bro,i can comfortably list 10 Nigerian Youths from diverse ethnic backgrounds worthy of ministerial appointment,this issue is psychological they make you believe you aren't worthy yet during election time they recruit youths for campaign, I challenge all Nigerian Youths today to stay in their homes during election. Time let's see if the old men will do the work
Ok sir
Re: No Youth In Ministerial List...why? by youngalex(m): 9:54am On Oct 14, 2015
ammyluv2002:
So what have you contributed? Are you even known within your community? Leadership starts from the grassroot
I don't need to blow my trumpet, I was a vibrant youth leader during my Uni days,a project manager of an NGO working on HIV/AIDS,reproductive health etc,member,National Youth Council of Nigeria, Pioneer Delegate,Nigerian Model United Nations Summit etc,i don't see myself incapable of handling any leadership position
Re: No Youth In Ministerial List...why? by ammyluv2002(f): 10:00am On Oct 14, 2015
youngalex:

I don't need to blow my trumpet, I was a vibrant youth leader during my Uni days,a project manager of an NGO working on HIV/AIDS,reproductive health etc,member,National Youth Council of Nigeria, Pioneer Delegate,Nigerian Model United Nations Summit etc,i don't see myself incapable of handling any leadership position
Hmmmm....nice. Weldone!
Re: No Youth In Ministerial List...why? by youngalex(m): 10:02am On Oct 14, 2015
With all due respect,i find this response annoying,disheartening,repressive and retrogressive with this mindset the average Nigerian Youth is on the verge of socio-political extinction

Re: No Youth In Ministerial List...why? by kahal29: 10:10am On Oct 14, 2015
youngalex:

Ms Aisha is no youth,she is above the age

What's her age? Do you know her? She is a senior manager at pencom Abuja.
Re: No Youth In Ministerial List...why? by Andrea042(m): 10:22am On Oct 14, 2015
The president don't believe in d youth. Nd Dat really bad of his government. I still believe 2019 is around the corner nd den d youth will ask questions if it d change dey bargain for
Re: No Youth In Ministerial List...why? by Yomboy4ever(m): 10:37am On Oct 14, 2015
Pls for God sake let's come up with Names don't misquote me, ther are youths bt no one has been able to come up with a name of a particular youth that wil fit into d cabinet...
I hope we are not talking about d same youths dat endorsed buruji kashamu as d man of d year..
Re: No Youth In Ministerial List...why? by Ghandi12: 10:56am On Oct 14, 2015
Nigerian youth need to understand some realities. Leadership comes in various forms : recommendation from a strong voice, exceptional performance or providence.

Being a youth is not a proven criteria for a being a successful manager or leader. Neither is being over sixty be translated to mental or physical weakness. For instance El-Rufai, Ribadu (and others below 50 years) were recommended for service to OBJ government. But these two availed themselves of given opportunities to demonstrate an uncommon passion for their tasks. They made mistakes but all-in-all the elders saw them as rough diamonds, believed in them and gave them more challenging responsibilities.

Today El-Rufai is not only a Governor but a major force in the ruling APC party. On the other hands Ribadu was, practically, begged to stand as the Presidential standard bearer of ACN and today his name always comes tops anytime the opposition PDP discusses their rebuilding plan.

We have seen many other youth given similar opportunities : Bankole and Dino are youth but can anyone seriously endorse any of them for challenging tasks?

The youth should embrace mentoring; it prevents repetition of mistakes made by elders in the past.

However, there are many Nigerian youth who have excelled in different areas of endeavors, globally, but the political system can only give chance to those noticed or have shown interests. Youth who are ready for political leadership should test their acceptance like everybody in their constituencies.

People should not take responsibilities they are not prepared for just because they want to be included.
Re: No Youth In Ministerial List...why? by Ghandi12: 11:11am On Oct 14, 2015
Yomboy4ever:
Pls for God sake let's come up with Names don't misquote me, ther are youths bt no one has been able to come up with a name of a particular youth that wil fit into d cabinet....

Many successful Nigerian youth are usually too preoccupied with their calling and hardly like hugging fame. If you must have names check some youth that have been featured on 'Young Boss'. And again many of the most 'successful' religious Leaders are below 45 - They have raised and managed billions, they have 100s of thousand (including aged) looking up to them for direction.

Yomboy4ever:
into d cabinet.[/b].. I hope we are not talking about d same youths dat endorsed buruji kashamu as d man of d year..

Do you realize there are contemporaries of these focus-less youth who have raised tens of millions of naira for laudable courses. If you visit some Nigerian universities you will see mufti-million naira projects being exclusively managed by students. These resourceful students develop initiatives to raise fund, manage the fund and execute projects even when they are still in school.
Re: No Youth In Ministerial List...why? by Rukkydelta(f): 11:22am On Oct 14, 2015
The old will never let go of power

(1) (Reply)

Reply To The Post: Nigeria ‘hires Mercenaries’ To Battle Boko Haram / Modified / Like Africa Like Biafra Like South Sudan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.