Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,328 members, 7,867,908 topics. Date: Saturday, 22 June 2024 at 07:06 AM

Travelling To Nigeria With Physical Cash - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Nigeria With Physical Cash (927 Views)

Peace Mass Bus Travelling To Abuja Involved In Fatal Accident,Many Dead(photos) / Travelling To Canada Part 11 / Travelling To Canada Part 9 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Travelling To Nigeria With Physical Cash by CONTROLi(m): 9:12am On Oct 14, 2015
Hello Nairalanders,

Please help me with URGENT clarification on this matter. I haven’t been to Nigeria since the Cashless Policy was introduced and I’m about giving $3,000 physical cash to a friend to be given to my old man in the village for an ongoing project, unfortunately I can’t send this money by wire as the beneficiary doesn’t have even an ID etc, and early this year I transferred $1,200 to a relative in PH to be given to my Mum and he ended up given her only $800..

Now, my problem is I don’t want this friend of mine to declare the $3,000 as I can’t trust Nigeria Customs because they can even call arm robbers to go after him. On a second thought, what if the money wasn’t declared and they happen to search his pocket (which I doubt) and find undeclared $3,000 what will happen?? I want him to keep the funds in his pocket NOT in luggage. What’s the limit cash one is permitted to carry since the Cashless Policy was introduced?? do you think carrying $3,000 physical cash is against the law?? Please help, Thanx!
Re: Travelling To Nigeria With Physical Cash by importexpert(m): 9:14am On Oct 14, 2015
nice post
Re: Travelling To Nigeria With Physical Cash by whirlwind7(m): 9:22am On Oct 14, 2015
It is permitted to carry cash not more than $10,000.
So long as it is below this amount, you do not have to declare it. This is the law, and immigration officials know it. However, Naija being what it is, if the bearer seem unsure of what his right is, the officials might want to take advantage of this and extort the person, once they sight some cash on him.
Physical search of a person is usually not done, unless there is suspicion. Just have him put the money in his pocket/wallet.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Nigeria With Physical Cash by AUTOCRATIC(m): 10:21am On Oct 14, 2015
Be sure the person is coming to nigeria legaly....what I mean by legaly is,he should not have anything implicating on him, once he is suspected for anything, be rest assure all his belonging will be seized.ask him how much cash is bringing to nigeria,if its lesser tha 7k. Dollars, you can give the 3k to deliver,the law still allows you to carry 10k

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Nigeria With Physical Cash by CONTROLi(m): 9:57am On Oct 15, 2015
Thanks ALL for the Clarification, I Appreciate Highly..

(1) (Reply)

Help Me! I Got A Message From Us Dv Program As A Winner / Top 3 Hotel Deals For Easter In Lagos / 20 Most And Least Corrupt Countries Around The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.