Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,741 members, 7,817,049 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:58 AM

Amodu: I Need More Time - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Amodu: I Need More Time (783 Views)

Amodu: I Almost Turned Down Eagles Job / Amodu Ruined My Dream - Kanu / Nigeria Sack Amodu, Draw Up Hiddink-led Shortlist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Amodu: I Need More Time by WarfyBoy(m): 5:49pm On Apr 27, 2009
Super Eagles chief coach, Shaibu Amodu, has called on Nigerians to exercise patience in order for him to raise a formidable team for Nigeria.

He stated that he needed more time to discover fresh blood that would be injected into the Super Eagles.
Said he: "Our boys used to be highly rated than their Ghanaian and Cote d’Ivoire counterparts, but it is not like that now.

When Chukwu was in charge, the team’s value was bronze medal. The same thing was the story when Eguavoen took over from him.

People should not expect me to raise a good team over night. I need time to build my own team. For now, I don’t even have my first eleven," he stressed.

The former Enyimba and Sharks of Port Harcourt handler added that the series of international friendly matches would help him build a formidable team that would not only pick a World Cup ticket but would put up a respectable result in the South Africa 2010 World Cup.
"The technical crew are working hard to select the best legs for the match against Kenya and subsequent matches.

I am sure the qualities of friendly matches lined-up for the team will present a good opportunity to assess the readiness of some other players to break into the team. I am hopeful we will eventually get there, but it’s only a matter of time.

http://sunnewsonline.com/webpages/features/sportsonthehour/2009/apr/27/sportsbreak-27-04-2009-001.htm

DO THIS GUY REALY DESERVE MO TIME or

DO WE HAVE THAT TIME HE IS TALKING ABT, THE WORLD CUP IS JSUT AROUND THE CORNER. AND AS FAR AS I AM CONCERNED, THIS GUY HE HAS NOT DONE ANYTIN THAT WILL WARRANT HIM MO TIME

WHAT DO YOU GUYS TINK?
Re: Amodu: I Need More Time by slimghost(m): 6:34pm On Apr 27, 2009
more time to do what? map out mo dump tactics to make sure we dont qualify for SA? u r not serious man!!!!
Re: Amodu: I Need More Time by ikeyman00(m): 6:46pm On Apr 28, 2009
well amodu just have to go!! not rocket science

its obvious, na yara dull gene he get.

just in case he doesnt know, supereagles need at least three fresh young legs in that so called 1st team's[b] mid field[/b]

if he cnt find any ?? plz do us a favour, and get a f^^^ out there

nonesense
Re: Amodu: I Need More Time by chidichris(m): 8:45pm On Apr 28, 2009
yes when obj spent his first 4 yrs in office, he asked for more time. when he took second time, he also needed more time in third term which he did not get.
yar adua is 2 yrs in office and he is still asking nigerians to be patient bcs rome was not built in a day.
can some1 ask amodu how much time he needs.
it is really unfortunate that most of us nigerians occupy positions by mistake and keep on asking for time.
it is important to ask amodu if he has any agenda before applying for that position. who made him coach? not until angry fans stone a coach one day in the stadium, they will not respect their ages.
Re: Amodu: I Need More Time by FBS: 6:45am On Apr 29, 2009
more time? to do what exactly?
But thinking about it, who will take his place if he gets sacked? just wondering.
Re: Amodu: I Need More Time by ikeyman00(m): 5:59pm On Apr 30, 2009
Eagles don't need France, Ireland friendlies, says Westerhof
From Olalekan Okusan, Ilorin
guardian 30-04-09

FORMER coach of the Super Eagles, Clemens Westerhof, says that Nigeria's proposed friendly matches against Ireland and France ahead of the 2010 World Cup qualifiers against Kenya and Tunisia will do the country no good.

Instead, he told The Guardian in Ilorin on Tuesday that games against North African opponents would be better preparation for the qualifiers. Querying the choice of the European countries as Eagles' opponents in the run-up to the qualifiers, Westerhof asked: "Why do we need to play Ireland and France? Are we facing any European team in the qualifiers? The only team that stands on our way to the World Cup is Tunisia, which is a North African team.

"I expected Nigeria to be playing nations likes Morocco, Algeria and other North African sides. By May 18, most of the European leagues will end and then what will the Eagles be doing till June 20."

He added: "For now, nobody is talking about having a training camp for the team in any North African country before the June 20 game. I believe playing Ireland and France is a waste of time and money because apart from some officials benefiting from the games because of their estacode, Nigeria will gain nothing from the exercise.

"If Nigeria does not make it to South Africa, nobody will take Nigeria serious again because at present, no team is afraid of facing Nigeria. Unlike during my time when confronting the Eagles was the beginning of wisdom, we are no more referred to as giant of Africa."

Westerhof believes that the June 20 game in Tunis against the Carthage Eagles of Tunisia holds the key to Nigeria's qualification for the World Cup. The Dutchman is so worried by the Eagles' current position in world football that he has vowed to return to his home country if Nigeria failed to make it to South Africa 2010. According to him, "if Nigeria doesn't make it to South Africa, I don't know what I will be doing during that period, so I would have to go back to Holland.

"Nigeria's failure to qualify for the World Cup means I have no life in the country any more. So, I will have to sell my life here and relocate finally to Holland. Everybody is talking about Tunisia having edged out Nigeria from the race, but I want to say that the main decider for the Super Eagles is the game on June 20 in Tunis. I believe that is the match that will decide Nigeria's fate.

"If we lose the match in Tunis, I think that is the end of Nigeria's World Cup bid. For me, I don't see Kenya as a big threat because with the quality of players that Nigeria has, I don't see the Kenyans not losing 0-3 in Abuja."

Westerhof counseled the coaches to pay more attention to the domestic league, stating that there are players that could make the team stronger than it is now. He lamented: "It is unfortunate that the coaches don't even search the league for players. This is also part of the problem bedeviling the team as the focus is on foreign players when most of these foreign players do not even get playing time in their various clubs.

"I am happy that a player like Chibuzor Okoronkwo has been called up to the team because this will surely increase the morale of the local players, knowing fully that since one of them is part of the senior team, if they played well they would get their own chance."

all along, i have been sayin this, u would expect amodu as someone that lives in nigeria to come up with atleast 4 or 5 young new players from naija, but what does he do, ? u tell me

by now u should have at least 10 young new nigerians in premiership but for olodu like ur coach , these are the reason

now for those that runs their yeye mouth here, u think u no but u dnt

(1) (Reply)

Obinna Sets Epl On Fire: / What Does A Sports Anchor Do At Work? / Fifa Probes Unusual Betting On Nigeria V Argentina Game

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.