Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,286 members, 7,811,850 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:17 PM

Begging In The Street Now Advanced To Corporate Career? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Begging In The Street Now Advanced To Corporate Career? (1079 Views)

Female Nairalander Goes To The Street In ANGER (PHOTOS) / This Crippled Man Decides To Work Instead Of Begging (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Begging In The Street Now Advanced To Corporate Career? by NextGovernor(m): 12:42pm On Oct 14, 2015
During the old days everybody know beggars as those who sit in a particular place and beg for help either because of health challenges or some physical disorder. And these people get the sympathy from the mass all because of their conditions.

But today our youth who are mentally and physically alright have corporatise begging as occupation thereby pretending and deceiving the masses negatively. They have resort to different strategical ways of begging either as disguising as being stranded, missing wallet, couldn't reach the person they came to visit, been kicked out by their friend or relation, they have been robbed and looking for transport money home etc. These set of people who disguise as stranded are well dressed and speak fluently. Have come across hundreds of them and about 99% of it are fraud, their aim is to get money from people with sympathy and majority of people fall for this and they are all over the country.

The other set of people are those who disguise as men of God. Majority of Nigerians can be cajored by religion especially christians and once you say what they want to hear you win them. These people who claim Men of God are seen in every transport service, inside molue etc. They pray before the bus moves to its destination and some pray inside the bus when moving and at the end of the prayer they must always bring that verse in the bible that quotes "sole a seed" or "giving". The most annoying thing is after the prayers you are always expected by the preacher to drop money and you see majority of people pumping in money. The question is are tell praying to get money or they are praying to win souls?

My story with one of these stranded people.
Yesterday 13/10/2015 I was driving towards Water lines in PH and stopped at one eatery to get food. After eating and walking to my car, this young man came to me and said "Sir I lost my wallet and my bank details are inside, I just need transport to get home and get back my bank details so I can have access to get money from my account". Due to my experience with many of them, I asked him where he lives and he said Onel, a very far place from Water line bus stop. I told him I was going towards Eleme but I don't mind dropping him in his house and taking him back to the bank so he can get back himself from there. From the expression on his face, he was so shock and surprise of my decision and the next thing that came out of his mouth was "Oga non be so oooh" and he left without saying any other word.

When coming back, I still sighted him scoping a lady and I just shock my head. The question that came to my mind was, why resorting to begging when their are many skillful work you can learn to fetch you money or rather do per day job to get money. If you are a graduate and their is no work for you yet, you can start something or you learn any skill work to keep you for the main time rather than begging in the street.

The problem is, their are real people who might be stranded but because of this dubious act of our youth these days people may ignore the really stranded ones.

Have you had any experience with any?
Share yours.

Nextgovernor
Re: Begging In The Street Now Advanced To Corporate Career? by OVI75(m): 1:28pm On Oct 14, 2015
Seen tu many,problem causers fr peopl wu ar genuinely disabled.
Re: Begging In The Street Now Advanced To Corporate Career? by NextGovernor(m): 3:16pm On Oct 14, 2015
OVI75:
Seen tu many,problem causers fr peopl wu ar genuinely disabled.

So bad of them
Re: Begging In The Street Now Advanced To Corporate Career? by GRACEGLORY: 4:08pm On Oct 14, 2015
There are three kinds of deformity: Spiritual, Mental and Physical. Mental. Mental deformity is the second worst there is as it abhors begging and encourage it.
Beggars believe they can never amount to anything except they beg through. And not only liars do steal, now, even beggars do.
Re: Begging In The Street Now Advanced To Corporate Career? by Emmaesty(f): 5:52pm On Oct 14, 2015
It's a serious something
Re: Begging In The Street Now Advanced To Corporate Career? by NextGovernor(m): 7:21pm On Oct 14, 2015
Emmaesty:
It's a serious something
This is more that serious my dear
Re: Begging In The Street Now Advanced To Corporate Career? by ayogabriel(m): 7:21am On Oct 15, 2015
Emmaesty:
It's a serious something

Hey titi, been a while, how have you been
Re: Begging In The Street Now Advanced To Corporate Career? by Nobody: 8:26am On Oct 15, 2015
You ain't far from the truth, begging is now a corporate career...
Some wear suits in Lagos, one followed me from cms then..I just dey waka fast o, don't know whether them dey carry charm too. grin
Re: Begging In The Street Now Advanced To Corporate Career? by Emmaesty(f): 2:38pm On Oct 15, 2015
ayogabriel:

Hey titi, been a while, how have you been
Quite fine.. .... . I tried sending you a message on Bbm but it didn't go through
Re: Begging In The Street Now Advanced To Corporate Career? by ayogabriel(m): 6:21pm On Oct 15, 2015
Emmaesty:
Quite fine.. .... . I tried sending you a message on Bbm but it didn't go through
call me or text me 08152186102
Re: Begging In The Street Now Advanced To Corporate Career? by NextGovernor(m): 11:32am On Oct 16, 2015
MarvellousGod:
You ain't far from the truth, begging is now a corporate career...
Some wear suits in Lagos, one followed me from cms then..I just dey waka fast o, don't know whether them dey carry charm too. grin

lol. They are more corporate than officials workers now.
Re: Begging In The Street Now Advanced To Corporate Career? by Emasky4real(m): 1:02pm On Oct 16, 2015
Begging is now a career to so many persons like you rightly indicated in your post. The top strategies used by beggers with no physical deformity include lying about being stranded like begging you to give them some cash to reach their next destination. Some will tell you that one of their relatives is dying in the hospital and needs money for certain drug or surgical operation. Another one is telling you they came to see someone and that the person was to pay their tfare back to their destination but couldn't meet the person at home.
Some bank security officers are also good at begging. As you leave the bank hall they will tell you " oga anything for me." I have been thinking but I have not been able to comprehend why a person will bring himself so low to survive by begging for what to eat. There is DIGNITY in LABOUR.
Re: Begging In The Street Now Advanced To Corporate Career? by NextGovernor(m): 10:23am On Oct 18, 2015
Emasky4real:
Begging is now a career to so many persons like you rightly indicated in your post. The top strategies used by beggers with no physical deformity include lying about being stranded like begging you to give them some cash to reach their next destination. Some will tell you that one of their relatives is dying in the hospital and needs money for certain drug or surgical operation. Another one is telling you they came to see someone and that the person was to pay their tfare back to their destination but couldn't meet the person at home.
Some bank security officers are also good at begging. As you leave the bank hall they will tell you " oga anything for me." I have been thinking but I have not been able to comprehend why a person will bring himself so low to survive by begging for what to eat. There is DIGNITY in LABOUR.

It is so annoying my broda.
Re: Begging In The Street Now Advanced To Corporate Career? by Emmaesty(f): 8:56pm On Oct 18, 2015
ayogabriel:
call me or text me 08152186102
Alright dear

(1) (Reply)

Alex Ogbu: Career Fraudster All Should Be Vigilante / Eaztech Soil Test Service In Lagos And Abuja / 29 Rules A Military Officer Must Keep To Guarantee A Long Service And Career

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.