Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,124 members, 7,818,369 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:46 PM

My Job Interview Experience Today - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / My Job Interview Experience Today (40578 Views)

My First Interview Experience / My Funny Interview Experience / My Interview Experience With A Banking Firm (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Job Interview Experience Today by chucksbadt(m): 3:16pm On Oct 14, 2015
I saw a job post online for the position of an ICT Engineer in a firm called EXCEL LIFESTYLE. Since i haven't heard about the firm before, i decided to Google it, to my surprise i found nothing about them. Irrespective of that fact, i decided to go ahead and apply for the post. About 10 minutes after i applied, i got an invite telling me to come today(14/10/2015) by 8am for an oral assessment(i come be like God don answer my prayer today).

Fast forward to today, i woke up by 5am, did my devotion, had my bath and started rushing down to the venue(it was like an hour from my end). Got there by exactly 7:45am.

On getting there, the surrounding looked suspicious (all this old secretariat building that have been abandoned for years, very unkempt). I felt more relaxed when i met others coming for the interview. We were about 50 in number.

On being the first person to arrive, i was interviewed first by the supposed HR manager, she had this strict attitude. She asked me about my career objective on my cv, i paraphrased it and she was like i should give it to her word to word. Kindly said i couldn't. She asked some other questions and i gladly answered and that was it. She then said i should switch off my phone and not talk to anyone and wait for stage 2.

NOW THE MAIN GIST =>After everyone was interviewed by the woman, one guy (who claims to be a staff) came to lecture us for about 4 hours (at this point i was feeling very suspicious, because i have never seen this kind of lecture at an interview before). They even played videos for us on a projector.

In summary, after all the lecture (but i must confess, the dude is a smooth/sweet talker), the guy was like any one who is interested in being a public speaker like him should pay N6000. If your not interested go home. That was the end of the screening exercise.

Am a graduate, done with service. Currently work at a radio station as an ICT Engineer(Intern). Had to take permission from my boss to go face this crap!!.. God save this country.

174 Likes 13 Shares

Re: My Job Interview Experience Today by braine(m): 3:17pm On Oct 14, 2015
This reminds me of those annoying GNLD guys. Job seekers have really suffered. cry

42 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Job Interview Experience Today by Swissheart(f): 3:21pm On Oct 14, 2015
God help us
Re: My Job Interview Experience Today by Gboliwe: 3:24pm On Oct 14, 2015
chucksbadt:
I saw a job post online for the position of an ICT Engineer in a firm called EXCEL LIFESTYLE. Since i haven't heard about the firm before, i decided to Google it, to my surprise i found nothing about them. Irrespective of that fact, i decided to go ahead and apply for the post. About 10 minutes after i applied, i got an invite telling me to come today(14/10/2015) by 8am for an oral assessment(i come be like God don answer my prayer today).
Fast forward to today, i woke up by 5am, did my devotion, had my bath and started rushing down to the venue(it was like an hour from my end). Got there by exactly 7:45am.
On getting there, the surrounding looked suspicious(all this old secretariat building that have been abandoned for years, very unkempt). I felt more relaxed when i met others coming for the interview. We were about 50 in number.
On being the first person to arrive, i was interviewed first by the supposed HR manager, she had this strict attitude. She asked me about my career objective on my cv, i paraphrased it and she was like i should give it to her word to word. Kindly said i couldn't. She asked some other questions and i gladly answered and that was it. She then said i should switch off my phone and not talk to anyone and wait for stage 2.
NOW THE MAIN GIST =>After everyone was interviewed by the woman, one guy(who claims to be a staff) came to lecture us for about 4 hours(at this point i was feeling very suspicious, because i have never seen this kind of lecture at an interview before). They even played videos for us on a projector.
In summary, after all the lecture(but i must confess, the dude is a smooth/sweet talker), the guy was like any one who is interested in being a public speaker like him should pay N6000. If your not interested go home. That was the end of the screening exercise.

Am a graduate, done with service. Currently work at a radio station as an ICT Engineer(Intern). Had to take permission from my boss to go face this crap!!.. God save this country.

Why didnt you break someone's head and call us when the consequences come? angry angry angry This is very annoying. Why did they ask you to switch off your phone?

25 Likes

Re: My Job Interview Experience Today by jazinogold(m): 3:27pm On Oct 14, 2015
waste of time and Tfare!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Job Interview Experience Today by chucksbadt(m): 3:41pm On Oct 14, 2015
Gboliwe:

Why didnt you break someone's head and call us when the consequences come? angry angry angry This is very annoying. Why did they ask you to switch off your phone?

My broda, the thing just dey like jazz. At a point, i really didn't know what i was doing there anymore.

13 Likes

Re: My Job Interview Experience Today by chucksbadt(m): 3:44pm On Oct 14, 2015
jazinogold:
waste of time and Tfare!
Am telling you. Rain come beat me sef as i dey go

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Job Interview Experience Today by Gboliwe: 4:13pm On Oct 14, 2015
chucksbadt:

My broda, the thing just dey like jazz. At a point, i really didn't know what i was doing there anymore.

You no try at all. angry angry seriously, you shd have slapped someone atleast

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Job Interview Experience Today by lekjons(m): 4:16pm On Oct 14, 2015
chucksbadt:
On getting there, the surrounding looked suspicious (all this old secretariat building that have been abandoned for years, very unkempt). I felt more relaxed when i met others coming for the interview. We were about 50 in number.
NOW THE MAIN GIST =>After everyone was interviewed by the woman, one guy (who claims to be a staff) came to lecture us for about 4 hours (at this point i was feeling very suspicious, because i have never seen this kind of lecture at an interview before). They even played videos for us on a projector.
In summary, after all the lecture (but i must confess, the dude is a smooth/sweet talker), the guy was like any one who is interested in being a public speaker like him should pay N6000. If your not interested go home. That was the end of the screening exercise.
gringringringringringringringringrin
happney65:
Na so i meet some Job seekers too at Foodco today here in Ibadan doing their exam where we customers suppose sit down and eat our food jeje..Na so i Parra for them for Foodco say wetin,Why cant they take their applicants somewhere else..It isnt funny sha..Applicants wey wan apply for Waiter job where made to write a Written Exam..Something like doing Jamb..I just Shake my head sha..
employers are just taking advantage of unemployment in the country..

who'd sit down to write such 'post jamb'undecided on a normal day

7 Likes

Re: My Job Interview Experience Today by engrjosefz(m): 4:19pm On Oct 14, 2015
Ok
Re: My Job Interview Experience Today by tkpoint2(m): 4:19pm On Oct 14, 2015
Scammers Everywhere!

Omo dodge your head anytime. But which way my fellow Naija youth? enough of looking for Jobs that is not available, LETS CREATE ONE

6 Likes

Re: My Job Interview Experience Today by happney65: 4:19pm On Oct 14, 2015
Na so i meet some Job seekers too at Foodco today here in Ibadan doing their exam where we customers suppose sit down and eat our food jeje..Na so i Parra for them for Foodco say wetin,Why cant they take their applicants somewhere else..It isnt funny sha..Applicants wey wan apply for Waiter job where made to write a Written Exam..Something like doing Jamb..I just Shake my head sha..

11 Likes

Re: My Job Interview Experience Today by ElFenomeno1: 4:19pm On Oct 14, 2015
grin grin grin grin
Re: My Job Interview Experience Today by jnrbayano(m): 4:20pm On Oct 14, 2015
Re: My Job Interview Experience Today by Adiwana: 4:20pm On Oct 14, 2015
After stage1,you should hav just left..
Re: My Job Interview Experience Today by MizFrances(f): 4:20pm On Oct 14, 2015
Just imagine
Hungry people.
Re: My Job Interview Experience Today by Sunkyphil(m): 4:20pm On Oct 14, 2015
GNLD TINZ ;DGNLD TINZ
Re: My Job Interview Experience Today by tolustx(m): 4:20pm On Oct 14, 2015
Lmao...Public speaker wey never start to dey make money himself wan teach un how to become public speaker. Abeg, wetin dat one go useful for? To toast woman abi wetin? I no just understand o.

Op. Na u wan stress ursef o. As n ICT person, u say u google the company so tey u no see am anywhere and u still get strong head say u dey go do d interview.

11 Likes

Re: My Job Interview Experience Today by Nobody: 4:21pm On Oct 14, 2015
Such is life sad
Better luck next time
undecided
Re: My Job Interview Experience Today by Beesluv: 4:21pm On Oct 14, 2015
lol
Re: My Job Interview Experience Today by Nobody: 4:21pm On Oct 14, 2015
This is just one of the reasons I never use all those job seeking sites. They promote scam jobs so much or d type of job ur employer will feel like u r his slave and dat he is doing you a favor by employing u so lick his feet. Any direct job advert you get from those stuupid sites without a link to the company's site from there, just forget it and such direct job advert with quick interview message is a scam. You can't apply for a job in a well recognized company and receive interview message less than a week or two weeks even. The best thing is to get list of all popular companies you can get, register at their career site and keep up to know when there is any vacancy or meet people to keep you inform if there is opening for recruitment in their place of work. If na only me, I swear all those stuupid site like jobberman, ngcareer and d rest for don close down a long time ago because dey are feeding on pple's desperation for jobs.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Job Interview Experience Today by winetapper: 4:21pm On Oct 14, 2015
Hnnn

1 Like

Re: My Job Interview Experience Today by sltn(m): 4:21pm On Oct 14, 2015
tough

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Job Interview Experience Today by ShakurM(m): 4:21pm On Oct 14, 2015
Anytime I see 'interview'. I imagine Frank Donga sha grin

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Job Interview Experience Today by olaolulazio(m): 4:21pm On Oct 14, 2015
Laughing!
Another way of extorting people.
PMB, hear the voice of the jobless gradautes.
Re: My Job Interview Experience Today by thefakestan: 4:21pm On Oct 14, 2015
Reading I dey come, you get luck say u come out alive na Godwin things.

ThefakeStan
Re: My Job Interview Experience Today by Nobody: 4:22pm On Oct 14, 2015
Sunkyphil:
GNLD TINZ ;DGNLD TINZ

grin grin grin
Re: My Job Interview Experience Today by saintkel(m): 4:22pm On Oct 14, 2015
Sorry bro, its worth it

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

These Are The Questions That Made Me Fail/lost The Interview / Cummins Nigeria Recruitment 2017 Is Ongoing – Apply Now / 2017 HEINEKEN International Graduate Trainee Recruitment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.