Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,302 members, 7,819,024 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:10 AM

+++**opinions: Let's Bury The Hatchet**+++ - Rap Battles - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Rap Battles / +++**opinions: Let's Bury The Hatchet**+++ (3069 Views)

Rap Battles That Will Change Your Opinions Of Rap Battles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

+++**opinions: Let's Bury The Hatchet**+++ by kr0ne(m): 4:53pm On Oct 14, 2015
Good day, everybody. My name is Krone Anozie grin and I wish to use this medium to officially register my displeasure with regards to the consistent hullabaloo that is eating up our section. While I must confess that the bitterness, supremacism, back and forth and unending tantrums we see here today are peculiar to rap battle groups in general (which, if you remove, would kill a rap group instantly), we should do well to avoid enmity and favoritism as they would lead to segregation. And if we allow this to happen, it means we're no longer a group. I'm afraid it's even happening right now. Some are now forced to debar their haters from voting in their battle threads because they feel those haters are prone to drop biased verdict. So where's the sportsmanship and the fun of battle rap?
I don't want to say much but I believe we can put an end to this. We can either establish certain mechanisms to resolving disputes or vow not to cause trouble in the group again. If someone as deplorably wack as Obainojazz can win a battle, why can't we overcome this minor problem?
Pardon me, I'm also going to tag some non-members of this section because I want their opinions too.
Thank you.

Emaprince
Alexpissu
Ibime
Reyginius
Airmark
Coogar
Mikuz
Jason21
TheSonOfMark
Joseph1832
Darkenedrebel
Guykhena
Limerick
Muhgd
Llaykorn
Krone
Ksslib
CaptainAwesome
CaptainCids
Captainflash
Elymaxiimus
Funlord
YoungDaNaval
Lagunna1
007Bruce
Ojoawo,
thunderstorm
Elvisonjack2
Deepthoughts
Dj5naira
Jigsawkillah
Wrongturn
Naijaboiy
Sinizia
Testerfuze
teddybiyasi
Lezz
Sammcarter
Geoxpress
Heywhizzy
Grayline
Gottoboy
Willofsteel
Sosiqdude
Richommie
Rapacme.
Liricyst
Obesemf
Gladyys

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: +++**opinions: Let's Bury The Hatchet**+++ by obesemf(m): 5:00pm On Oct 14, 2015
the bickering brings about grudge matches. grudge matches make here sweet. grin

just don't take it too personal. adding family and very sensitive stuff. It's just text battle.

kr0ne. _fuck you tho angry

1 Like

Re: +++**opinions: Let's Bury The Hatchet**+++ by kr0ne(m): 5:02pm On Oct 14, 2015
obesemf:
the bickering brings about grudge matches. grudge matches make here sweet. grin

just don't take it too personal. adding family and very sensitive stuff. It's just text battle.

kr0ne. _fuck you tho angry
Bickering and grudges are allowed. I think I highlighted that.
Re: +++**opinions: Let's Bury The Hatchet**+++ by naijaboiy: 5:29pm On Oct 14, 2015
i've been observing the beef since from far away.

But I thought you people had a MOD here?

Oh! They even bashed that one too cheesylipsrsealed
Re: +++**opinions: Let's Bury The Hatchet**+++ by Emaprince: 5:31pm On Oct 14, 2015
Yes!!! I need to bury this hatchet in somebody's chest.
Re: +++**opinions: Let's Bury The Hatchet**+++ by llaykorn: 6:40pm On Oct 14, 2015
Kr0ne, when I first stumbled on this section early this year, I was astonished at the level of bad blood and malignancy I met, so I dropped a few lines in the chatroom for an assignment DarkRebel gave me while he was teaching me what multi-syllablic rhymes were. In the lines, I tried to juxtapose between the Poems For Review and the Rap section and I remember some of the members here quoting my wack verse, trying to explain to me the differences that exist between rappers and poets. I believed them- that all the enmity was normal.

However, as I spent more time in the section, it started to dawn on me, some of the most intricate facts that surrounded the mechanisms of how the most vicious of all the bad bloods started and continued to survive. It was only after then that I realized that the effort it would need to maintain an enmity-free section is just - amazingly - a half of what is needed to maintain one that is all riddled with the horrid infernos of vain gainless venoms. Well, that is good news, isn't it? Then, where is all the bad blood coming from?

For people like me who had our first battles here when we were still oblivious of what a punchline was. For people like me, who had our first battles here when we still couldn't understand what the 'Flow' criterion meant, we owe almost nothing to the problems we have now. Well, but for the other set of people who came here when they had been winning street battles or had been kings somewhere of facebook or even 2go, they owe almost all to the problems we have, for the source of all our problems is God-complex.

If not, why should a member label someone 'hater' just for some random fact they gave them the 'L' in a battle everyone else gave them the 'W'? Why should a member not be able to notify some other member of a wrongdoing without doing it with adding a tone of insult, whether it be directly or not? Take a look at what happened between Emaprince and some other member on the Greek Gods cypher thread. I almost puked at one of the members' behavior. Or what happened between Ibime and some other member just a few days ago. If not, what would it take us to just accord some respect to each other? Is it that exciting to keep abusing the 'facelessness' of this medium to explore and dig into the insolence we can't try in the 'real' world because it has so much frowned upon it so we just can't muster up enough guts to do it there?

Or kr0ne, how logical do you think it is to just start hating on a collection of letters for no reason? To all those who keep singing the lines of: "they are hating on me" to justify their insolence and utterly rash behaviors, tell me! Because you're good? There is a fact: No matter how good you are at something, if you are humble enough, none will hate on you! So, there is utterly no justification for the rash behaviors of some members of this forum, except for what I pointed out earlier: God complex.

Then, there's this thing about people whom insolent remarks are directed to, or are victims of some other folks' rash behavior: they react the same way, and that's quite natural. It takes a whole lot of self-control break that cycle nature is always eager to complete, but if half the members of this section can attain that level of self-control, and the other half are the insolent folks who are damm excited at the chance of exploration Nairaland awarded them, this section would be as lovely as the Family or the Literature section.

Someone might then ask: when the section gets lovely and peaceful, what then happens to the 'spirit of competition'? And, I'll say that they have absolutely nothing to do with each other: they aren't in any dammed way related. I've spent years being a member of sport teams where the athletes maintain the best of relationships but are always some of the wildest beasts when competing against each other.

#MyOneKobo

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: +++**opinions: Let's Bury The Hatchet**+++ by dj5naira(m): 6:42pm On Oct 14, 2015
Re: +++**opinions: Let's Bury The Hatchet**+++ by Ibime(m): 7:06pm On Oct 14, 2015
We used to have peaceful and harmonious competition on this section till 2014.

You simply need to ban members if they misbehave. QED.

1 Like

Re: +++**opinions: Let's Bury The Hatchet**+++ by Nobody: 7:20pm On Oct 14, 2015
I wonder why they spell my name wrong.

Llaykorn nice one. I agree with you. But I will also like you to suggest measures to curb the disease. Ibime already suggested banning which I agree to some extent. You know, since it's a rap section anybody can easily say they were being creative and not actually trying to insult. We have to define what an insult really is here to avoid any feeling of bias when anyone is banned.

Also, the house headed by Mikuz and Airmak should propose or debate, if you like, how voting should be conducted. If the right to bar e-enemies is granted or rescinded. If allowed, the number allocated to a battler. Or if the rule is exclusively the battlers to decide. Also, if barring is allowed in Tourneys and the rules governing it.

1 Like

Re: +++**opinions: Let's Bury The Hatchet**+++ by kleppur: 7:21pm On Oct 14, 2015
The mods should their job..
Re: +++**opinions: Let's Bury The Hatchet**+++ by liricyst(m): 7:27pm On Oct 14, 2015
Well, i believe a little of controversies, animosities, and outright hatred will always be a part of the rap community. Add to the fact that this is a battle arena, then such are to be expected. That coogar vs Elymaxiimus brawl was the highlight of this year cos it packed the heat, the personals, the beef, the animosity...everything rolled in one. It was mad dope.

However, we need a little respect for each other in this zone. We cannot continue like this or this zone will definitely die out. The more quarrels you have, the more judges you get to bar from your battles. I may have had a little squabble with one or two emcees here, but if they drop a verd on my brawls without taking shots at me on it, I'm totally cool with it.

We need a little peace. Ibime should have a god-complex but he is as humble as you can realistically expect a vet to be. His battles with streetwise brought me to nairaland cos my mates then in school won't shut up about it. We need to push this section more with more dope brawls and verses and not childish squabbles. Can you imagine how many peeps read this section? Esp the guests. They are more than we think. I read and read this section for more than four years before creating an account. If the cats of that time were doing all these, i perhaps would have been discouraged.

So on that note, every dude i've been disrespectful to on this section, consider this my apology. Sorry for the disrespect. Let's move on.
Coogar no vex for my rant on the prekky vs coogar thread. Also try to reduce your simon cowell verdicts on brawls. Could make peeps go emotional.

peace

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: +++**opinions: Let's Bury The Hatchet**+++ by coogar: 7:42pm On Oct 14, 2015
this is the battle rap section, folks.....

if you want an environment where bubbles would be blown in your arsës, please go to the poetry section. the animosity & the beef is very natural. it's a highly competitive sport. what's the essence of being humble to one another when you would still curse your opponent's parents in your script? you guys are saying ibime is humble on the threads but then i have seen him tear into people's parents in his battle scripts - that to me is sheer hypocrisy!

the beef should never go away. the only thing i would agree with is the childishness that normally surrounds the verdicts of big battles. there are some roaches in this section that use bad blood to drop their verds. that is what we should fight against. for instance, i detest mikuz with every fibre of my body but that wouldn't make me vote against him if he writes a superb verse.

the reason some textcees ban some set of people from voting is because they have belatedly realised that no matter how good their scripts are, it would be voted against cos of bad belle. i have seen victories taken out of darkrebel's jaws because of bad belle verdicts so he's within his rights to ban these unscrupulous elements from his battles.

battle rap is a competitive sport - in the real world, people get killed on the streets. we have seen professionals have a go at each other on the biggest stages in the world. if you take out the animosity out of the game, we might as well start writing love letters to each other in the name of respect! this is battle rap - the point is to disrespect, humiliate, verbally destroy your foe.

if the heat is too intense, get the fück out of this hell's kitchen.

my 2 pennies!

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: +++**opinions: Let's Bury The Hatchet**+++ by Nobody: 8:06pm On Oct 14, 2015
llaykorn:
#MyOneKobo
Nna mehn, this one pass one kobo oo
Re: +++**opinions: Let's Bury The Hatchet**+++ by obainojazz(m): 8:10pm On Oct 14, 2015
nairaland.com
Re: +++**opinions: Let's Bury The Hatchet**+++ by JigsawKillah(m): 8:12pm On Oct 14, 2015
Mikuz and Airmark, make una come ban this he-goat Gregarri for life
Re: +++**opinions: Let's Bury The Hatchet**+++ by llaykorn: 8:13pm On Oct 14, 2015
Mikuz, Airmark, abeg help delete that idiot's comments.
Re: +++**opinions: Let's Bury The Hatchet**+++ by obainojazz(m): 8:13pm On Oct 14, 2015
Kronk...you insult me angry angry and you didn't even tag me...your own have finish kronk...aeroplane will jam you kronk....the moon will fall on your head kronk...

.I need war...nothing like peace...wait till I assemble my one legged biafra soldiers finish...your own don finish kronk...you are finished kronk...I will finish you kronk
Re: +++**opinions: Let's Bury The Hatchet**+++ by gottoboy(m): 8:20pm On Oct 14, 2015
Na Banning straight up abeg. That's why we have Mods
Re: +++**opinions: Let's Bury The Hatchet**+++ by JigsawKillah(m): 8:22pm On Oct 14, 2015
obainojazz:
Kronk...you insult me angry angry and you didn't even tag me...your own have finish kronk...aeroplane will jam you kronk....the moon will fall on your head kronk...

.I need war...nothing like peace...wait till I assemble my one legged biafra soldiers finish...your own don finish kronk...you are finished kronk...I will finish you kronk

who do you done die sha
Re: +++**opinions: Let's Bury The Hatchet**+++ by kr0ne(m): 8:29pm On Oct 14, 2015
coogar:
this is the battle rap section, folks.....

if you want an environment where bubbles would be blown in your arsës, please go to the poetry section. the animosity & the beef is very natural. it's a highly competitive sport. what's the essence of being humble to one another when you would still curse your opponent's parents in your script? you guys are saying ibime is humble on the threads but then i have seen him tear into people's parents in his battle scripts - that to me is sheer hypocrisy!

the beef should never go away. the only thing i would agree with is the childishness that normally surrounds the verdicts of big battles. there are some roaches in this section that use bad blood to drop their verds. that is what we should fight against. for instance, i detest mikuz with every fibre of my body but that wouldn't make me vote against him if he writes a superb verse.

the reason some textcees ban some set of people from voting is because they have belatedly realised that no matter how good their scripts are, it would be voted against cos of bad belle. i have seen victories taken out of darkrebel's jaws because of bad belle verdicts so he's within his rights to ban these unscrupulous elements from his battles.

battle rap is a competitive sport - in the real world, people get killed on the streets. we have seen professionals have a go at each other on the biggest stages in the world. if you take out the animosity out of the game, we might as well start writing love letters to each other in the name of respect! this is battle rap - the point is to disrespect, humiliate, verbally destroy your foe.

if the heat is too intense, get the fück out of this hell's kitchen.

my 2 pennies!
The emboldened is the main reason for this thread. If you read me clearly, I'm not against back and forth. . .it's one of the characteristics of rap battle groups. Nobody is asking anybody to be religious and humble. Nah! This is not the religion section. It has never been the case with this particular section right from birth. The only difference is niggas now would rather spend days throwing tantrums like menstruating bitches in the chat room instead of dropping bars. Sh1t is irritating. There's a particular page here that Ibime and DBR went back and forth with bars 3 good times at a go. That's what I'm talking about

1 Like

Re: +++**opinions: Let's Bury The Hatchet**+++ by kleppur: 8:32pm On Oct 14, 2015
Fucck it...
Re: +++**opinions: Let's Bury The Hatchet**+++ by kr0ne(m): 8:33pm On Oct 14, 2015
llaykorn:
Mikuz, Airmark, abeg help delete that idiot's comments.
Nice writeup, bro. I like the theory you put up there. But I don't think the problem is god complex. Some niggas just love to cause trouble everywhere they go.
Re: +++**opinions: Let's Bury The Hatchet**+++ by obainojazz(m): 8:49pm On Oct 14, 2015
krone abeg....I wan fart for here.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Fastest Online Battle: Airmark Vs Khimwhite 11:30pm / 2008 Nairaland Battle Rap World Cup. Pls Register Now.entries Now Open / Mykali Versus Manickal.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.