Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,358 members, 7,846,546 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 05:56 PM

Senate Confirms Nominations Of 18 Ministerial Nominees - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate Confirms Nominations Of 18 Ministerial Nominees (32739 Views)

Sylvanus Adiewere Nsofor: Senate Confirms 82-Year-Old Ambassadorial Nominee / PDP Senators Walk Out As Senate Confirms Amaechi As Minister (Photos) / 18 Ministerial Nominees Confirmed As Minister By The Senate, Awaiting Portfolios (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senate Confirms Nominations Of 18 Ministerial Nominees by Bennyberry(m): 6:11pm On Oct 14, 2015
I praise akpabio

1 Like

Re: Senate Confirms Nominations Of 18 Ministerial Nominees by allanphash7(m): 6:11pm On Oct 14, 2015
Waiting to hear the Lion of Ubima name

Amaechi my role model fashola my mentor

Quote me wrongly and die
Re: Senate Confirms Nominations Of 18 Ministerial Nominees by Pavore9: 6:11pm On Oct 14, 2015
Fashola really impressed.
Re: Senate Confirms Nominations Of 18 Ministerial Nominees by kunlesufyan(m): 6:11pm On Oct 14, 2015
Is it just me or this screening exercise wasnt strict enuf,everyone had eyes mostly on the likes of Fayemi,lai,fashola and Rotimi that's yet to be screened ..
Re: Senate Confirms Nominations Of 18 Ministerial Nominees by thefakestan: 6:11pm On Oct 14, 2015
I thought it was 36?
Re: Senate Confirms Nominations Of 18 Ministerial Nominees by Horlawale1(m): 6:11pm On Oct 14, 2015
So Amechi.......
Re: Senate Confirms Nominations Of 18 Ministerial Nominees by Dubem13: 6:11pm On Oct 14, 2015
Waiting for the lion of Ubima to be comfirmed tomorrow.

1 Like

Re: Senate Confirms Nominations Of 18 Ministerial Nominees by Pidggin(f): 6:11pm On Oct 14, 2015
Very funny.

They are just wasting time screening, we know everyone on that list will be confirmed.

1 Like

Re: Senate Confirms Nominations Of 18 Ministerial Nominees by Marv650(m): 6:12pm On Oct 14, 2015
Chosen1984:
G
booking space
Re: Senate Confirms Nominations Of 18 Ministerial Nominees by delta234: 6:12pm On Oct 14, 2015
I know JUDAS will not make the list!
Quote me anywhere.
Re: Senate Confirms Nominations Of 18 Ministerial Nominees by TEERALPH(m): 6:12pm On Oct 14, 2015
I always respect Fashola disposition. What a fantastic control he put in place by not signing any cheques during his government. Though can still be manipulated.

1 Like

Re: Senate Confirms Nominations Of 18 Ministerial Nominees by 9free(m): 6:12pm On Oct 14, 2015
Fashola for Works

Ngige for Youths and Sports

1 Like

Re: Senate Confirms Nominations Of 18 Ministerial Nominees by Empress2014(f): 6:13pm On Oct 14, 2015
Chris Ngige is not there?
Re: Senate Confirms Nominations Of 18 Ministerial Nominees by pjecly: 6:13pm On Oct 14, 2015
God help Nigeria. Buhari has given us the people of high intelligent and auspices. We pray to God to lead the team through....Amin
Re: Senate Confirms Nominations Of 18 Ministerial Nominees by Wynnah(m): 6:13pm On Oct 14, 2015
cool.... to all the prospective ministers, accept my congratulations!
Re: Senate Confirms Nominations Of 18 Ministerial Nominees by macino1(m): 6:13pm On Oct 14, 2015
Good to know. . .We are expecting to have a fully active cabinate soon.
btw

Re: Senate Confirms Nominations Of 18 Ministerial Nominees by delta234: 6:14pm On Oct 14, 2015
I knew JUDAS will not make the list.
Quote me anywhere.
Re: Senate Confirms Nominations Of 18 Ministerial Nominees by Chinom(m): 6:14pm On Oct 14, 2015
I'm no longer interested in this ministerial bullcrap. I don't give a monkey's azz who Buhari appoints. The man has to get down to producing tangible results. We need regular light, cheap and available petrol and a working railway/transport system.

Buhari has wasted enough time already. Even the fight on corruption is going no where. Can Buhari and the APC start governing please.

1 Like

Re: Senate Confirms Nominations Of 18 Ministerial Nominees by kuzee(m): 6:14pm On Oct 14, 2015
926views shocked

Get your Timberland Boot, Emporio armani,
Casio Edifice Et all and All Mechanical chronograph Tourbillion watch here, visit link at signature
Re: Senate Confirms Nominations Of 18 Ministerial Nominees by AyoolaIgwe(m): 6:18pm On Oct 14, 2015
the confirmation process was porous. I personally watched part of the proceedings. for instance, one Ms Kemi was merely talking vaguely on how jobs will be created but didn't tell the Senate 'how' those jobs will be created! I safely assume that politicking behind the scene had over-ridden thorough screening of the nominees. Amaechi who is grossly controversial maybe confirmed tomorrow as well. hmmmmm
Re: Senate Confirms Nominations Of 18 Ministerial Nominees by eyesofgod: 6:19pm On Oct 14, 2015
It seems Saraki is dancing to the rhythm of the music he mistakingly created.
Re: Senate Confirms Nominations Of 18 Ministerial Nominees by Elijah348(m): 6:19pm On Oct 14, 2015
Re: Senate Confirms Nominations Of 18 Ministerial Nominees by Nobody: 6:20pm On Oct 14, 2015
efilefun:
QUOTES'
On unemployment; there is no way we can solve the problem of unemployment until we increase our production’-Ogbonaya Onu

‘People accuse senators of having huge salaries, they don’t know the kind of pressure you go through’- Audu Ogbeh

‘Poverty is the problem between the mindlessly rich and hopelessly poor.’ – Kayode Fayemi

'We cannot turn this economy around if we rely solely on public sector; we have to focus on the private sector' – Udo Udoma

‘For Three Years, I Couldn't Access Minister Of Petroleum despite being the governor of a major oil producing state' – Sen. Godswill Akpabio

'Lets pray our Loyalty aint tested' - Fashola

My Personal Analysis & Lessons Learnt so far from The Screening of Ministerial Nominees, at least those that have made solid impressions on me so far.
1. Kayode Fayemi - Very Prepared. Approached Questions like he was in a Real Job Interview. Eloquent. Informed. Calm and turned the Hallowed Chambers into a Lecture Theatre. Agbada Game so tight. He will fit well into any of the Ministries of Foreign Affairs or Education.

2. Amina Mohammed - Beauty, Brains, Confidence & everything in between.
My Lessons:
Information is Power.
Exposure is an Advantage
Knowledge is Supreme
Versatility is Everything
If she is confirmed, it won't be because she s merely a Woman. It would be that she possessed the Capacity, Confidence and Character. Funmi Iyanda tweeted yesterday that Amina took a Break off her TV Show in 2003 to breastfeed her Baby. And by the way, Amina has Six Children. Powerful Women have SOULS too.
She may get Ministry of National Planning

3. Babatunde Fashola - Gentleman is Genius. Though he stuttered on the 78millon Website Question, he was true to type in his depth of understanding of virtually all Sectors. He was screened for 70mins by 11 Senators hence my Lessons below:
1. If Service is below you, Leadership is Beyond You.
2. When you set or raise Standards, you'll be the first to be judged by those Standards.
May become Minister of Works, Power or FCT

4. Ibe Kachikwu - Solid and Spectacular in his Delivery. Home Boy. James Bond Swag. Knows his Onions. Vintage Experience. It takes a considerable level of courage and confidence to describe your own 30 year old Career as Unblemished.
My Lesson: Your Integrity is your main Currency of Exchange. Only the Guilty are Afraid.
Poised for Minister of State, Petroleum Resources

OVERALL: Nigeria has evolved into a Nation where our Citizens are so informed, engaged and Involved, Leaders will either have to shape in or ship out.

2 Likes

Re: Senate Confirms Nominations Of 18 Ministerial Nominees by Orikinla(m): 6:21pm On Oct 14, 2015
luvinhubby:
And who says this APC administration is any way different from PDP?
. APC is a mixture of palmwine, kunu and sobo.
Re: Senate Confirms Nominations Of 18 Ministerial Nominees by freedom96: 6:23pm On Oct 14, 2015
aieromon:
For the very first time,my problem is not with the President - Ibe Kachikwu (2015)
pls what does ibe kachikwu mean by this statement?I couldn't watch his screening.

1 Like

Re: Senate Confirms Nominations Of 18 Ministerial Nominees by NovusHomo(m): 6:24pm On Oct 14, 2015
Reekadict04:
How many LIKES can i get for Fashola?

Ten Gazzillions grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Senate Confirms Nominations Of 18 Ministerial Nominees by kayjasper(f): 6:27pm On Oct 14, 2015
Acidosis:
[s]Saraki is a fundamental fraudster whose fraudulent activity can only prevail in the fraudulent propaganda party.

It is obvious to all and sundry, that majority of the senators were against the confirmation of Lai Muhammed.

This should be in record and a lesson to all that the mantra called change is nothing but a coalition of power hungry demons whose interests lie first in their personal interest ONLY.

History will never forgive Senator Saraki and the person Tinubu whom we all know he tried to please with Lai's BACKYARD confirmation.

This is not change, I don't know what it is but fraud.[/s]

Please Stop Ranting!!!

If you noticed the mood in the Senate, it was obvious the "NAYS" were a sarcastic move to see what Saraki who comes from same Kwara State as Lai Mohammed will do.

Always watch T.V with your senses not just your eyes!!!

5 Likes

Re: Senate Confirms Nominations Of 18 Ministerial Nominees by arrange: 6:31pm On Oct 14, 2015
@acidosis.pls dont be bias,i watched the screening live,it is not d majority DAT against lai mohd

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate Confirms Nominations Of 18 Ministerial Nominees by kayjasper(f): 6:32pm On Oct 14, 2015
Akinz0126:
I don't just know I dislike ythat man called Fayemi but since fashola is their all hand is on dest.

Well, judging from your "level of English" it is okay to dislike a man who is more knowledgeable than you.

Pele grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Senate Confirms Nominations Of 18 Ministerial Nominees by brainiacadeboi(m): 6:33pm On Oct 14, 2015
Okay

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Hon Tony Nwulu's Projects At Oshodi Isolo Federal Constituency 2 - Photos / Kemi Adeosun Elected Afreximbank Chairman / Timipre Sylva: Nigerians Should Be Proud Of Fuel Imports From Niger Republic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.