Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,220 members, 7,818,759 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:39 AM

New Costs And Rules From Alausa To Get And Calculate Governors Consent Yourself - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / New Costs And Rules From Alausa To Get And Calculate Governors Consent Yourself (9650 Views)

Talk To Quantity Surveyors About Construction Costs And Project Developments / How To Calculate Hardwood Needed For Your House Roofing / How To Obtain Governors Consent To Land Transaction In Lagos State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

New Costs And Rules From Alausa To Get And Calculate Governors Consent Yourself by lawyer(m): 11:34pm On Apr 27, 2009
Latest Rules and Requirements to get Your Governor's Consent yourself. They are extremely Strict on it so be alert and follow every requirement and complete payment unless Big Query. I just came back from the land registry and it was quite tedious to get all these information but it's worth sharing because the number of people that i saw that their jobs were queried and money lost due to bad or mishandling of the process is quite shocking and pitiful because money is hard to come by, so be very careful when you want to do yours and make sure you get everything complete before you venture into it. These people in Alausa take their money upfront for everything after the calculation so be very very meticulous and aware with the costs and requirements:

So get your Pens, Paper and Calculator and Start Calculating Diligently:

They include the following:

1. Get 4 copies of the deed of Assignment

2. 4 copies of the survey plan.

(The survey plan must be attached to each of the deed of Assignment)

The deed of Assignment must be duly signed by each party i.e the assignor and assignee and the deed of assignment must state the history how the property devolved or has been transfered from the original owners to you the new owner

3. Purchase and Sign Form 1c = N10,000*

4. Obtain Certified True Copy of the Certificate of Occupancy From he land registry in Alausa =N15,000*

5. Picture of the Property

6. Application letter written by your lawyer stating that you want to perfect the title

7. Administrative Charges=N3,000

8. Charting and Endorsing=N10,500

9. Tax Clearance of the Assignor ie the person who sold it to you must have his tax clearance to show

10. Tax Clearance of the Assignee ie, You the owner of the property or land must have your tax clearance to show

11. Development Levy Reciepts

(If you dont have your tax clearance, it costs N60,000 as a tax clearance to Alausa land registry which only covers the tax for the purchasing that land and cannot be used else where as a valid tax clearance, so if the Person or assignor who sold it to you doesnt have his own tax clearance, you have to pay N120,000 to cover both of you)

12. Evidence of payment of  Ground rent/Land use charge? (Unknown Yet)

13. If your land is in or within the Lekki Pennisular, there must be an Original Letter of Confirmation of Payment of Capital Contribution from NTDA in respect of the Lekki Pennisular scheme

14. Copy of Building plan

15. Payment of Assesment fees which includes:

a. Capital Gain Tax. . . . 2% of the Assesment

b. Stamp Duty. . . . . . . 2% of the Assesment

c. Registration Fees. . . .3% of the Assesment

d. Consent Fees. . . . . . 8%of the Assesment

(If your property or land you bought is direct state land Allocation and the right of occupancy has run for less than 10 years, instead of 8% consent fees, you pay 16%)

( If your property is a mortgage or loan, the consent fee is fixed at 2% of the loan ie, if the loan is N20,000,000 (Twenty Million Naira) you pay 2% of the loan which comes to N20,000 as the consent fees)

e. Neighbourhood Improvement Fees. . .N100,000 Flat.

Generally i have been asked how the Assesment fees are being calculated and how to determine it your self. It is simple and it goes like this;

1. Every plot of land is being calculated at 700 square metres in Alausa and if your property is less than that, it is still being calculated at the minimum 700 square meters. Now every area in Lagos state has being divided into zones and the type of fees/rates that should be paid per area. Some areas have low rates while some areas have very high rates, depending on the level of development of the place.

For example, i will mention just 12 areas to make you understand it:

a. Ajao Estate; N3,000 per square meters

b. Badore/ langbasa/Ado and its environs: N1,500 PER Square metres

c.Gbagada Phase 1: N6,000 PER Square metres

d. Ibeju Lekki beyond Abijo Gra: N500 PER Square metres

e. Ikorodu Central/ Lagso Road: N750 per square metres

f. Ikotun/ Egbe/ Ijegun/ Isheri Oshun/ Igando/ Iba/ Igbo Elerin: N1,000  per Square metres

g. Ogba Residential: N10,000

h. Oko Oba 1,2,3,4: N1,500

I.Surulere: N6,000

J. Ajiran/Igbo-Efon/ Ikota: N2,500

k. Oniru/ Dideolu Court: N10,000

L. Park View/ OSBORNE1: N40,000

Now lets take the first one Ajao estate as our mathmatical guide to get the assesment of Ajao Estate:

700 square metres (The size of one regualar plot) X N3000 = N2100000

so N2,100,000 is the General Assesment fee but that doesnt mean its this amount your paying.

Now you divide 8% of N2,100,000 = N168,000 to get the consent fee Assesment for Ajao Estate

Now you divide 3% of N2,100,000 = N63,000 to get the Registration fee Assessment for Ajao Estate

Now you divide 2% of N2,100,000 = N42,000 to get the Capital Gain Tax Assesment fee for Ajao Estate

Now you divide 2% of N2,100,000 = N42,000 to get the Stamp Duty Tax Assesment fee for Ajao Estate

Which equals = N315,000 for the Assesment fee of Ajao Estate alone.

When you calculate all the other fees listed above including the minor ones like development levy etc that i dont know the price, it is easier for you to know how much you are to pay for the governor's consent of your area.

Generally the larger your plot or square meters of your land, the more you pay. The above illustration is just for 700 Square meters, so all of you that have over 1000 square metres or 2 plots or 3 plots or 50 plots, just calculate the sqaure metres on the survey plan X the applicable rate.

Finally Solicitors fees: This is subjective and open for negotiation per lawyer but putting into consideration the whole wahala of running around to get those reciepts and bureaucracy abeg please be lenient with my fellow legal brothers!!!

To get the consent minus the bureaucracy takes at least 4 months and add money to tip the Alausa workers unless your file will just sitdown on one table till Yaradua is ready to recontest in 2011.

Last but not the least be advised that these fees and Assesments example are subject to change and ratification at the land registry at anytime and they could just unilaterally review it and their own calculation could be slightly higher.

Dont forget Alausa Brown Envelope o! Dont ask me the cost because i dont know how much settlement costs per table but its left to your own descretion! cheesy

For more Info mail me or call 08077943514.( I dont know the assesment fees of the whole of lagos o! so if you ask me, its what i know from Alausa i will tell you. I m not a magician or working in Alausa o! This is just free consultation)

I am tired, i am going to eat my Eba. . . lol  cheesy

Next Time The new Lagos Fees and requirements to get your C/O!

1 Like

Re: New Costs And Rules From Alausa To Get And Calculate Governors Consent Yourself by lastpage: 1:43am On May 01, 2009
I've read somewhere on this forum, where people say "Price of land in Lagos" and "cost of house-rent" would crash!
Most of the blame were heaped on the door-step of individual land speculators.
Now, take a look at how much you bought your land (original cost price) and how much the government is going to make you pay, just to titled it, legalized your ownership with your govt?

If you buy land for 1Million and it costs you like 800K just to "legitimize" such acquisition, then l feel the real crook in this setup is the government!
They cannot provide low cost houses for ordinary folks, they cannot provide jobs, they cannot provide electricity or water (trying on roads) YET, when an individual struggles to own a house, they would use "excessive charges" to dissuade you from perfecting the documents!

No wonder there are so many buildings/developments without title, despite its necessity!
While govts in 'sensible climes' are reducing "charges" and "offering incentives" to first time (land/home) buyers, ours are revising their charges upwards so quickly you would think 'documentation of land" is the New Lottery!

Now, combine the cost of your land with the ever-increasing govt charges, skyrocketing price of cement, sand, iron rods, planks, nails, not to mention labor,, - tell me how the price of house-rent (or land itself, as a value) will REDUCE, much less crashing?

I am peeved no one is complaining about these excessive govt charges, of-course, the speculators, the lawyers and the Alausa people are all smiling to the bank, except the struggling 'land-lord-to-be'!
And bet me, when he completes that building, he would take his pound of flesh from the unfortunates TENANTS

just my ten cent.

lastpage
Re: New Costs And Rules From Alausa To Get And Calculate Governors Consent Yourself by pete(m): 7:53am On May 01, 2009
Lawyer,
I had for a while now followed your post.I read law in Ife few years back. I sure would need your service in a related area.Please allow me a contact,email or phone.I know I had seen your contact at some point-not sure-,but my name is Peter.
Re: New Costs And Rules From Alausa To Get And Calculate Governors Consent Yourself by Dagbolu: 9:30pm On May 16, 2009
Lawyer, thank you for the above information. Kindly, help us with information on Ogun State as well. I just bought a plot in Ijebu-Ode and have no idea how much Governors Consent will coast in Ogun State. Your assistance with info will be really appreciated.
Re: New Costs And Rules From Alausa To Get And Calculate Governors Consent Yourself by okeypele: 8:36pm On Aug 25, 2010
What Survey Plan do i require for Governor's Consent for a full plot of land (with C of O) in Lekki Phase 1? Is it the general survey plan or an individual survey plan in my name?
Re: New Costs And Rules From Alausa To Get And Calculate Governors Consent Yourself by chormy: 12:00am On Jan 26, 2011
Hi , long time.

have just looked at land in Badore, near Liberty school, found out its still has goverment whatever on it, the owner has a D of A from ruler and others for the original sale,.

Can I obtain the govenors consent without o much hassle, also what other paper work is needed to complete my true ownership of the land.

Any idea of sq mtr costs for Badore now! was 1500 in 2009!

Great site for info wel done all

S

(1) (Reply)

Fastest Appreciating Est in Ajah! Westwood Park Estate! Now Selling @ 12m. / Annoying attitudes of Housing Agents / Land For Sale In Ado-Ekiti

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.