Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,533 members, 7,837,036 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:00 PM

Why Only Ogun State? Just A thought - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Only Ogun State? Just A thought (1444 Views)

Ondo Is No Longer An Oil Producing State Just Like Crossriver / Okonjo Iweala Asks Yoruba Graduates A Thought Provoking Question / BREAKING NEWS: Tribunal In Edo State Just Delivered Judgement In Favour Of PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Only Ogun State? Just A thought by HighIQ(m): 9:09pm On Oct 14, 2015
Why do Ogun State indigene often stand out politically especially in the federal level? Olusegun Obasanjo was appointed as the Head of States during the military regime. He is from Ogun State. In 1999, he was again voted in as the Nigeria President beating Chief Olu falae from Ondo State who was then preferred by the yoruba race. Despite the preference he still emerged victorious over Olu Falae. Another case was that of Dimeji Bankole, also from Ogun state, he overthrowned the then first female speaker Olubunmi Eteh who was from Osun state. Olubunmi Eteh did not spending up to 6 month before bowing for another Ogun State indigene Dimeji bankole. ALso recently, another Ogun state Iindigene Prof Yomi Osibanjo despite his stature was chosen and preferred as the running mate of Buhari of which he emerged victorious. And he became Nigeria's Vice President. Other Notable Ogun state Indigene Include, Prof Wole Soyinka, the first nobel price winner in Africa. Chief Obafemi Awolowo, the first governor general of western Nigeria. Chief Dipo diya, the former vice president and then second in command to Late Sanni Abacha and so on. Some people believes that this could be so because Ogun State Indigene were the first to embrass and accept christianity in southwest which could have made God to be pleased with their ancestors, hence passing blessing to their offspring( just a thought)
Does that mean Femi Gbajabiamala would have been more fortunate to emerge as the speaker of house of rep over Dogara if he were to be from Ogun state?

1 Like

Re: Why Only Ogun State? Just A thought by BlackrulesDworld(m): 9:12pm On Oct 14, 2015
LOWIQ

HighIQ:
Why do Ogun State indigene often stand out politically especially in the federal level? Oluseguo Obasanjo was appointed as the Head of States during the military regime. He is from Ogun State. In 1999, he was again voted in as the Nigeria President beating Chief Olu falae from Ondo State who was then preferred by the yoruba race. Despite the preference he still emerged victorious over Olu Falae. Another case was that of Dimeji Bankole, also from Ogun state, he overthrowned the then first female speaker Olubunmi Eteh who was from Osun state. Olubunmi Eteh did not spending up to 6 month before bowing for another Ogun State indigene Dimeji bankole. ALso recently, another Ogun state Iindigene Prof Yomi Osibanjo despite his stature was chosen and preferred as the running mate of Buhari of which he emerged victorious. And he became Nigeria's Vice President. Other Notable Ogun state Indigene Include, Prof Wole Soyinka, the first nobel price winner in Africa. Chief Obafemi Awolowo, the first governor general of western Nigeria. Chief Dipo diya, the second in command to Late Sanni Abacha and so on. Some people believes that this could be so because Ogun State Indigene were the first to embrass christianity in southwest which could have made God to be pleased with their ancestors, hence passing blessing to their offspring( just a thought)
Does that mean Femi Gbgjabiamala would have been more fortunate to emerge the speaker of house of rep over Dogara if he were to be from Ogun state?

3 Likes

Re: Why Only Ogun State? Just A thought by ki02020(m): 9:27pm On Oct 14, 2015
HighIQ:
Why do Ogun State indigene often stand out politically especially in the federal level? Olusegun Obasanjo was appointed as the Head of States during the military regime. He is from Ogun State. In 1999, he was again voted in as the Nigeria President beating Chief Olu falae from Ondo State who was then preferred by the yoruba race. Despite the preference he still emerged victorious over Olu Falae. Another case was that of Dimeji Bankole, also from Ogun state, he overthrowned the then first female speaker Olubunmi Eteh who was from Osun state. Olubunmi Eteh did not spending up to 6 month before bowing for another Ogun State indigene Dimeji bankole. ALso recently, another Ogun state Iindigene Prof Yomi Osibanjo despite his stature was chosen and preferred as the running mate of Buhari of which he emerged victorious. And he became Nigeria's Vice President. Other Notable Ogun state Indigene Include, Prof Wole Soyinka, the first nobel price winner in Africa. Chief Obafemi Awolowo, the first governor general of western Nigeria. Chief Dipo diya, the second in command to Late Sanni Abacha and so on. Some people believes that this could be so because Ogun State Indigene were the first to embrass and accept christianity in southwest which could have made God to be pleased with their ancestors, hence passing blessing to their offspring( just a thought)
Does that mean Femi Gbajabiamala would have been more fortunate to emerge as the speaker of house of rep over Dogara if he were to be from Ogun state?

Am from ogun state and I must say that Obasanjo presidential era really had no much effect on the state
Re: Why Only Ogun State? Just A thought by HighIQ(m): 9:37pm On Oct 14, 2015
ki02020:

Am from ogun state and I must say that Obasanjo presidential era really had no much effect on the state
. Is that what we are saying?We are talking of how nature is smilling more on ogun state indigene in getting to Leadership position in Nigeria and it APPEAR as if a force is preventing other yoruba state indigene from getting there,you u are saying another thing. Abi u know observe ni?
Re: Why Only Ogun State? Just A thought by ThePeacemaker(m): 9:57pm On Oct 14, 2015
Re: Why Only Ogun State? Just A thought by ki02020(m): 10:46pm On Oct 14, 2015
HighIQ:
. Is that what we are saying?We are talking of how nature is smilling more on ogun state indigene in getting to Leadership position in Nigeria and it APPEAR as if a force is preventing other yoruba state indigene from getting there,you u are saying another thing. Abi u know observe ni?

I did thought of that long time ago...but I always ask myself where has all the good furtune land us

1 Like

Re: Why Only Ogun State? Just A thought by WIZGUY69(m): 10:48pm On Oct 14, 2015
please op.
don't divide us, we are one & will forever be one.
one thing with SWesterns states is that, they can't do without each other. in the case of Ogun, when it comes to politics/political activities, no other SW states can stand them. in ekiti for example we have so many scholars (are babalola, Femi etc).

you get my point

1 Like

Re: Why Only Ogun State? Just A thought by HighIQ(m): 11:27pm On Oct 14, 2015
WIZGUY69:
please op.
one thing with SWesterns states is that, they can't do without each other. in the case of Ogun, when it comes to politics/political activities, no other SW states can stand them. in ekiti for example we have so many scholars (are babalola, Femi etc).

you get my point
how cld u call an observation a divisive post?
Re: Why Only Ogun State? Just A thought by psalmuelwater(m): 11:32pm On Oct 14, 2015
I do think about this topic too, and I suggest they should change their slogan to "centre of nigeria's civilization". Check our music industry from way back, up to this present moment- fela,obey,ayinla omowura, haruna ishola, da grin, these guys in their right were originators of their genre. Moving to education, I think abeokuta grammar school and baptist boys high school will both go down as the best secondary schools in this country, check the number of elites those schools have produced, they shaped a lot of things in this country. Politics? They made Nigerian politics very interesting.

1 Like

Re: Why Only Ogun State? Just A thought by HighIQ(m): 8:00am On Oct 15, 2015
psalmuelwater:
I do think about this topic too, and I suggest they should change their slogan to "centre of nigeria's civilization".
you can say that again
Re: Why Only Ogun State? Just A thought by SLIDEwaxie(m): 8:04am On Oct 15, 2015
ki02020:

since wen must one's kinsman being in a political position be a positive development for his town?

ain't that corruption?

must he start constructing every roads, erecting edifices and moving the headquarters there?

mind u, I am from abeokuta, Ogun state.
Re: Why Only Ogun State? Just A thought by lorbah001(m): 8:17am On Oct 15, 2015
Omo ogun ise'ya.....

8 outta 10 always seek a minimum of first degree
D remaining 2 stands out in their respective vocation
Re: Why Only Ogun State? Just A thought by dassyslimmy(m): 8:29am On Oct 15, 2015
i am proud i originated from ogun state.
Re: Why Only Ogun State? Just A thought by ghuzy01: 8:35am On Oct 15, 2015
Point of corrections,vp Osinbajo is not from ogun state,he's from ejigbo osun state.

1 Like

Re: Why Only Ogun State? Just A thought by Nobody: 8:43am On Oct 15, 2015
I'm also from Ogun, but I think we should be more concerned about the growing spate of ritual killings currently ravaging the State & being perpetrated mostly by the indigenes.

All what you outlined above are nothing to write home about.

1 Like

Re: Why Only Ogun State? Just A thought by HighIQ(m): 9:41am On Oct 15, 2015
ghuzy01:
Point of corrections,vp Osinbajo is not from ogun state,he's from ejigbo osun state.
no u lie! He is from ikenne ogun state
Re: Why Only Ogun State? Just A thought by MrMbaM: 9:50am On Oct 15, 2015
WIZGUY69:
please op.

you get my point

God bless you. We are all one and all Yorubas.
Re: Why Only Ogun State? Just A thought by MrMbaM: 9:51am On Oct 15, 2015
ghuzy01:

Lol. He is from Ikenne.
Re: Why Only Ogun State? Just A thought by HighIQ(m): 7:57pm On Oct 15, 2015
MrMbaM:

Lol. He is from Ikenne.
Don't mind am Maybe he want to by him to Osun. This is not football club o

(1) (Reply)

Unemployed Nigerians Awaits Your N5,000 Payment, Ekweremadu Tells Buhari / This Will Break Your Heart (photo) / Violent Fulani Herdsmen Are Not Nigerians – Police IGP, Arase

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.