Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,912 members, 7,821,182 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:23 AM

Akure Markets Shut As Deji, Eze Ndigbo Quarrel- The Nation - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akure Markets Shut As Deji, Eze Ndigbo Quarrel- The Nation (13752 Views)

Blackout: 19 Plants Shut As Militant Attacks Shrink Gas Supply / Akure Markets Shut As Deji, Eze Ndigbo Quarrel / Akure Youths Flogged Eze-ndigbo Out Of Deji Of Akure, Oba Aladetoyinbo Palace (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Akure Markets Shut As Deji, Eze Ndigbo Quarrel- The Nation by HungerBAD: 2:02am On Oct 15, 2015
Igbo in Akure, the Ondo State capital, have reportedly shut down their businesses to protest the planned dethronement of their Eze- Ndigbo, Sir Gregory Iloehike.

Shops belonging to the Igbo were locked in all major markets in Akure; they also withdrew their services from the markets.

The Igbo, who converged on their secretariat at Gbogi Street as early as 7am, warned the Deji of Akure against dethroning the Eze Ndigbo.

They insisted that the traditional ruler has no power to dethrone Iloehike.

It was learnt that the Deji accused the Eze Ndigbo of insubordination and disrespect.

But Iloehike said he was not rude to the Deji, adding that he contributed immensely to the monarch’s installation.

He said:“The Deji called me at 8.48pm last Sunday inviting me to his palace and I honoured his invitation on Monday morning.

“I went with one of my chiefs but when I got to the palace, I saw youths numbering over 200 who started shouting as I entered.

“I suspected that they were mobilised by the monarch and I showed respect to him by prostrating.

“The monarch threatened to drive out the Igbo from Akure and when I asked why, the youth descended on me.

“They tore my beads and removed my crown. They attempted to beat me but the police officers at the palace rescued me.”

The Eze Ndigbo said the monarch’s invitation was the first since he ascended the throne.

Iloehike said the Igbo had been living harmoniously in Akure for over 70 years without any friction with the natives.

The Igbo urged the Deji-in council not to cause inter ethnic crisis in the state.

President-General, Ohaneze Ndigbo, High Chief Okechukwu Okorie, said the Igbo have resolved to live happily with other ethnic groups in the state.

He maintained that any attempt to dethrone the Eze Ndigbo, who is the Deputy National President, Ndi Eze’N’Association of Uzo Ije in Diaspora, would be resisted by the Igbo.

Okorie noted that Iloehike, who was installed in August 2011, has not committed any offence.

Okorie added that only the Igbo who elected Iloehike have the right to remove him.

The spokesman for the Deji-in-Council, the Asamo of Akureland, High Chief Rotimi Olusanya, could not be reached for comment.

http://thenationonlineng.net/akure-markets-shut-as-deji-eze-ndigbo-quarrel/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Akure Markets Shut As Deji, Eze Ndigbo Quarrel- The Nation by HungerBAD: 2:03am On Oct 15, 2015
Laughing.

2 Likes

Re: Akure Markets Shut As Deji, Eze Ndigbo Quarrel- The Nation by Nobody: 2:07am On Oct 15, 2015
Igbo ndi anyi ji eje mba grin grin grin

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akure Markets Shut As Deji, Eze Ndigbo Quarrel- The Nation by Femolacaster(m): 2:10am On Oct 15, 2015
Orisirisi...
Re: Akure Markets Shut As Deji, Eze Ndigbo Quarrel- The Nation by scribble: 2:11am On Oct 15, 2015
Can't we all just get along. Like WTF.

Did God not plant enough things to keep us busy rather than ethnic jingoism like silly monkey tribes?

Sometimes it's annoying that I'm the same as these people in appearance.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Akure Markets Shut As Deji, Eze Ndigbo Quarrel- The Nation by Brimmie(m): 2:26am On Oct 15, 2015
Nawa for this Akure people! Dem don lock that Market for too long! They just opened it few weeks ago.. I guess. Now they're locking it up again.

Iranu!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akure Markets Shut As Deji, Eze Ndigbo Quarrel- The Nation by MightySparrow: 2:43am On Oct 15, 2015
Igbo people should not have problem in Yorubaland. They have enough in the north already.

Awo ilu mate, O mo iwon ara ri. Meaning; a stranger held in a high esteem knows how to behave wisely.

Except for some loud mouthed Biafra on NL who throw caution into the wind abusing every other tribe. There are many reasonable igbo people all over.
Deji biko!

12 Likes

Re: Akure Markets Shut As Deji, Eze Ndigbo Quarrel- The Nation by LordMecuzy(m): 2:57am On Oct 15, 2015
Hmmmmmmmmmm

2 Likes

Re: Akure Markets Shut As Deji, Eze Ndigbo Quarrel- The Nation by Nobody: 3:00am On Oct 15, 2015
It was very stupid of him to have worn a crown to the palace of the Deji of Akure. What an insult. Was he trying to compare himself with a true king? All these Eze Ndigbo nonsense has to stop.

Eze ndigbo of kwara, of lagos, of kano. . . as if it's a federal position for them . . . I pity the Igbos in Ondo state, they don't know what they're messing with.

It was very stupid and disrespectful of him to have worn a crown to meet a Yoruba king. Was he trying to compare himself to a monarch? Eze Ndigbo title is just for representation of the Igbos in diaspora, but some of the so called Ezes have taken it too far, trying to wear crowns in another man's region means asking for trouble when you know you're not a monarch. Only the likes of Obi of Onitsha etc may wear a crown to visit a fellow king as those are true monarchs.

If the Yorubas won't have Oba in Onitsha, I see no reason why the Igbos should have an Eze Ndigbo in any state outside their region. That's just disrespectful . . . to add insult to injury, he wore a crown to meet the DEJI OF AKURE! Chai. . . Igbo people can fall my hand with lack of respect. Igbos will always try to do what they can't tolerate in their own region. angry angry angry angry

37 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Akure Markets Shut As Deji, Eze Ndigbo Quarrel- The Nation by Nobody: 3:06am On Oct 15, 2015
Dem don carry this their nonsense go my state. They better dongeri twisted,the Yorubas in Ondo state are not your regular aso-ebi Lagos Yorubas.If you misbehave, they'll put you on check

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Akure Markets Shut As Deji, Eze Ndigbo Quarrel- The Nation by MayorofLagos(m): 3:06am On Oct 15, 2015
First, I thought Ibos are only in Lagos... shocked

Yoruba need to find a solution to Ibo nuisance on our land, period!

This is the second Oba in Yorubaland they are disrespecting. First, Eleko, now Deji.....not accounting numerous clashes theyve had with Babalojas and Iyalojas on Yoruba soil.

We need a solution to this gnat, this irritant called Ibo...simple!

15 Likes

Re: Akure Markets Shut As Deji, Eze Ndigbo Quarrel- The Nation by Ilekeh(f): 3:10am On Oct 15, 2015
This is what happens when a group of people become a nuisance to their host.

If your visitor disrespects you, you'd ask him to vacate.

Igbos can continue to make noise online, but things are happening behind closed doors.

If you're running from your enclave, respect your hosts.

That's why Ambode didn't employ any Igbo commissioner in Lagos this time.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akure Markets Shut As Deji, Eze Ndigbo Quarrel- The Nation by coolitempa(f): 3:18am On Oct 15, 2015
Ilekeh:
This is what happens when a group of people become a nuisance to their host.

If your visitor disrespects you, you'd ask him to vacate.

Igbos can continue to make noise online, but things are happening behind closed doors.

If you're running from your enclave, respect your hosts.

That's why Ambode didn't employ any Igbo commissioner in Lagos this time.

Exactly...give them a yard out of respectful gesture.......the ibo will take a mile... angry....now people are seeing them for what they are and gradually like we do.....we are taking step by step by step to address this problem.....our tolerance has been abused for far too long.......nobody else will tolerate what these people are doing on their land......nobody...apart from Yorubas..... angry....enough is enough....let force jam force.... angry... cool

9 Likes

Re: Akure Markets Shut As Deji, Eze Ndigbo Quarrel- The Nation by Nobody: 3:22am On Oct 15, 2015
MayorofLagos:
First, I thought Ibos are only in Lagos... shocked
Yoruba need to find a solution to Ibo nuisance on our land, period!
This is the second Oba in Yorubaland they are disrespecting. First, Eleko, now Deji.....not accounting numerous clashes theyve had with Babalojas and Iyalojas on Yoruba soil.
We need a solution to this gnat, this irritant called Ibo...simple!

Re: Akure Markets Shut As Deji, Eze Ndigbo Quarrel- The Nation by Menace2Society(m): 3:30am On Oct 15, 2015
But i heard that na only Lagos IBO dey stay lipsrsealed

17 Likes

Re: Akure Markets Shut As Deji, Eze Ndigbo Quarrel- The Nation by tsdarkside(m): 3:33am On Oct 15, 2015
things are starting to make sense....why are the igbos sooo extremly anti-social all of a sudden??...hmmm...

a good advice to all igbos: dont bite the hand that feeds you!!!

the americans are your downfall...do you really want to go that path??....

never forget..!

nigeria is the grave of the white-man...............

3 Likes

Re: Akure Markets Shut As Deji, Eze Ndigbo Quarrel- The Nation by Menace2Society(m): 3:34am On Oct 15, 2015
Ilekeh:

Don't mind them. I've told them that Yorubas are collective. Their first mistake was mouthing off to Oba of Lagos.
Watch them get on this thread and behave like animals.

Igbos need Yorubaland more than Yorubaland needs their 2x2 shop businesses.
Madam Efunsetan i know say na here u go dey chai!u enjoy this kin food no be small

1 Like

Re: Akure Markets Shut As Deji, Eze Ndigbo Quarrel- The Nation by Ilekeh(f): 3:38am On Oct 15, 2015
Menace2Society:
Madam Efunsetan i know say na here u go dey chai!u enjoy this kin food no be small

Glad you know her.

4 Likes

Re: Akure Markets Shut As Deji, Eze Ndigbo Quarrel- The Nation by scholes0(m): 3:39am On Oct 15, 2015
Ogun my state is next .....

2 Likes

Re: Akure Markets Shut As Deji, Eze Ndigbo Quarrel- The Nation by kokoA(m): 3:42am On Oct 15, 2015
Abeg make una no fight o.. Fight no good.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akure Markets Shut As Deji, Eze Ndigbo Quarrel- The Nation by tsdarkside(m): 3:45am On Oct 15, 2015
kokoA:
Abeg make una no fight o.. Fight no good.

thats right!!!...just dont fight......the yorubas are just hurt,in their hearth because you dont respect them...just keep quiet for a while and obey the laws of the area,then,they will calm down and even apologise to you...

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Akure Markets Shut As Deji, Eze Ndigbo Quarrel- The Nation by Ilekeh(f): 3:46am On Oct 15, 2015
menix:
All these yoloba rulers nd weed, how will u dethrone someone that does not share same custom nd rite with you.
OP. U story ain't complete probably trying to shy away from the truth cous the problem was caused by Oba trying to install a yoloba man over the igbo market..
Because u re my Landlord does not dictate u have power to tell me which skool my kids must go, how I will run my home..
This yoloba rulers nd their youth re just so Lazy nd Jealous about our progress rate..
If u re a member of those jealous about our speed of success, u will die in agony because we re blessed..

Just because the host allows you to live under his roof does not mean you can disrespect him in his own house.

Igbos are too prideful and lazy. Why are you running from your homeland? Why run from your homeland to make yourself a pariah in another man's land?

Why are igbos the only one finding it hard to respect Yoruba culture in Yorubaland? It's only igbos, from the SW to the SS tot he North. The problem is you.

The fastest way to give an igbo man heart attack is to tell him to return to igboland. From enugu to abia to anambra, they're running from something.

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Akure Markets Shut As Deji, Eze Ndigbo Quarrel- The Nation by Ilekeh(f): 3:49am On Oct 15, 2015
Hypocritical animals: Igbo group warning others to leave igboland

[size=18pt]Second Warning: “Muslims Leave The South East Or Die, Igbos Leave The North” – The Peoples Army[/size]

http://247ureports.com/second-warning-muslims-leave-the-south-east-or-die-igbos-leave-the-north-freedom-fighters/

Igbo group warning others to leave their land

1 Like

Re: Akure Markets Shut As Deji, Eze Ndigbo Quarrel- The Nation by tsdarkside(m): 4:09am On Oct 15, 2015
Menace2Society:
I guess the Oba no sabi say na Igbo people owns 85% of Ondo state

they rent it...they dont own it...their is a difference...

you can not go to a landlord,and say,"i dey pay rent,i go do what i want".....abegi,the landlord will just throw you out of his property,,,,this few igbos,dont make sense.....

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

IPOB Is Weak, Similar To Boko Haram- Lai Mohammed On Why IPOB Is Terrorist Group / 2019: Saraki, Kwankwaso’s Ambitions Unsettle PDP - NewTelegraphOnline / EFCC Secures Arrest Warrant For Diezani Madueke As Extradition Proceedings Begin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.