Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,743 members, 7,817,051 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:10 AM

Do Upcoming Artists Really Need A Video? - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Do Upcoming Artists Really Need A Video? (839 Views)

A New Record Label Looking For Upcoming Artists / Upcoming Artists See Reasons Why You Are Not Getting Publicity For Your Music / Hilarious Advise For Upcoming Artists (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Do Upcoming Artists Really Need A Video? by ed23bello: 3:19pm On Oct 15, 2015
The Nigerian music industry of today has taken a new dimension compared to the days of old when music artiste will simply go to the studio, record a couple of songs and then have the Radio & Alaba mixtape to promote them only without the need of a music video .

The trend of the days of now is music video and this is fast becoming another challenge for the up-comers who have little or no fund to finance a music video . Some directors charge from #1 Million naira minimum for a music video while top celebrity directors charge as high as 10 Million naira. When the up-coming artiste think of the cost of a music video they get frustrated to pursue their career while others fail to see the need for a music video . But believe me I have seen good music videos on satellite channels and from my research some of these videos were produced for 100k on the low side . I know this for sure if the director have passion for his work and love the song you are shooting a video for he will work with the budget and deliver well, but still remember the popular Nigerian saying “Better soup na money kill am” .

Video is a great way to increase brand awareness about who you are and what your tone of voice is. Some people are slow listeners. That’s a given. When faced with the option of listening or reading through a block of text that breaks things down in a straightforward, visually exciting manner, plenty of people will choose the video. Although frequently referred to as a visual medium, video is much more of a sensory experience. When beautiful images combine with effective sound design or emotional music, a video has the potential to engage with audiences.

Having a music video can help promote your band, through video sites such as YouTube and blogs like this one . As well as by getting exposure on satelite television. Video is a good way of getting exposure and experience and brands are often happy to give you a creative free reign. A video doesn’t need to cost a fortune what’s important is having a good idea and working within your budget. So the question of if upcoming artists need a music video is a YES.

Salami Tosin (Slam Tee)
Creative Video Director
twitter/ @iamslamtee
instagram /@slamtee

Re: Do Upcoming Artists Really Need A Video? by Nobody: 11:20am On Oct 16, 2015
JAM ALERT!!! The most anticipated single from Delta's rising star - Adums a.k.a Mr.Classic. He Didn't disappoint, its titled "Ifeyinwa". This song got me all loved. Enjoy
http://www.datafilehost.com/d/d11c2ff0

(1) (Reply)

New Music Video!! ‘forever’ By Eazzy Ft. Mr. Eazi (ghana) / CDQ – “gbayi” Ft. Kiss Daniel (download Mp3) / Big Scene Lyrics: Diljit Dosanjh | Con.fi.den.tial | Punjabi Song Lyrics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.