Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,112 members, 7,814,904 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:45 PM

Do We Measure Up To Them? - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Do We Measure Up To Them? (786 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do We Measure Up To Them? by gaussy(m): 4:47pm On Oct 15, 2015
DO WE MEASURE UP TO THEM?

During the regime of Umar bn Alkhattaab, three men came to him holding a young man and they said;

O the leader of the believers, we need you to claim our right from this man because he has killed our father.

Umar bn Alkhattaab said to the young man; why did you kill him?

The man said; I am a herdsman. One of my donkeys ate from a tree in their father's farm & he stoned it to death so I picked the same stone & stoned him and he died.

Umar bn Alkhattaab said; then I will do justice on you.

The man said; spare me three days because my father just passed away & left a bag of money for me & my younger brother so if you kill me, the inheritance will be wasted & my younger brother would live miserably after me.

Umar bn Alkhattaab asked; Who will stand for you?

The man looked at the faces of the audience & said; This man [Aboo dharr]

Umar bn alkhattaab said; O Aboo dharr, would you stand for this man?
Aboo dharr said; Yes, O leader of the believers.
Umar replied; you don't know him & if he runs away (refuses to come back), I will punish you in his stead. 
Aboo dharr replied; I will stand for him. 
And the man left.

The first day passed by, same with the second day & on the third day, people started asking of his whereabouts, for justice not to be passed on Aboo dharr instead.

When it was few minutes after magrib [evening] prayer, the man came back panting & he had indeed been stressed out. 
He stood before the leader of the believers, Umar bn Alkhattaab & said; 
I have handled both the inheritance & my brother to our uncles so I am here for justice.

Umar was astonished and said; What brought you back when you had the chance to run??

The man replied; I was scared of people saying fulfillment of promise has gone away from human beings..

Umar then asked Aboo dharr why he stood for him. 
Aboo dharr said; I was afraid of people saying good deeds have gone away from humans..

The sons of the deceased were touched with these words and said; we have pardoned him. 
Umar asked; Why? 
They replied; We are scared of people saying; pardon has gone away from human beings..

Brethren, Where are we in this type of indelible act? As for me, I translated and shared this with you for people not to say; calling to good deed has gone away..

May Allah make good deed easy for us.

Translated by; Aboo Umaamah

1 Like

Re: Do We Measure Up To Them? by MrOlai: 9:50pm On Oct 15, 2015
Interesting! Jazakumullah khaeran!
Re: Do We Measure Up To Them? by gaussy(m): 8:00am On Oct 19, 2015
MrOlai:
Interesting! Jazakumullah khaeran!
Wa antum fa jazakum Allahu khairan

1 Like

Re: Do We Measure Up To Them? by Fundamentalist: 9:31pm On Oct 19, 2015
gaussy:
DO WE MEASURE UP TO THEM?

During the regime of Umar bn Alkhattaab, three men came to him holding a young man and they said;

O the leader of the believers, we need you to claim our right from this man because he has killed our father.

Umar bn Alkhattaab said to the young man; why did you kill him?

The man said; I am a herdsman. One of my donkeys ate from a tree in their father's farm & he stoned it to death so I picked the same stone & stoned him and he died.

Umar bn Alkhattaab said; then I will do justice on you.

The man said; spare me three days because my father just passed away & left a bag of money for me & my younger brother so if you kill me, the inheritance will be wasted & my younger brother would live miserably after me.

Umar bn Alkhattaab asked; Who will stand for you?

The man looked at the faces of the audience & said; This man [Aboo dharr]

Umar bn alkhattaab said; O Aboo dharr, would you stand for this man?
Aboo dharr said; Yes, O leader of the believers.
Umar replied; you don't know him & if he runs away (refuses to come back), I will punish you in his stead. 
Aboo dharr replied; I will stand for him. 
And the man left.

The first day passed by, same with the second day & on the third day, people started asking of his whereabouts, for justice not to be passed on Aboo dharr instead.

When it was few minutes after magrib [evening] prayer, the man came back panting & he had indeed been stressed out. 
He stood before the leader of the believers, Umar bn Alkhattaab & said; 
I have handled both the inheritance & my brother to our uncles so I am here for justice.

Umar was astonished and said; What brought you back when you had the chance to run??

The man replied; I was scared of people saying fulfillment of promise has gone away from human beings..

Umar then asked Aboo dharr why he stood for him. 
Aboo dharr said; I was afraid of people saying good deeds have gone away from humans..

The sons of the deceased were touched with these words and said; we have pardoned him. 
Umar asked; Why? 
They replied; We are scared of people saying; pardon has gone away from human beings..

Brethren, Where are we in this type of indelible act? As for me, I translated and shared this with you for people not to say; calling to good deed has gone away..

May Allah make good deed easy for us.

Translated by; Aboo Umaamah

.. ... . Interesting, please were is your source no offense

(1) (Reply)

The Destruction Of Atheims And Naturalists / What Muslim Women Really Want In The Bedroom / "I Found Peace In A Religion Where Many Only See Hate"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.