Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,099 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:51 AM

Confirmed, 2015 Is The Last Year Of The Nissan Xterra - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Confirmed, 2015 Is The Last Year Of The Nissan Xterra (1593 Views)

*****SOLD********Well Used 2006 Off Road Nissan Xterra*****SOLD******** / Xtremely Clean 2005 Nissan Maxima/The Nissan Maxima thread / 2001 Nissan Xterra Auto Black - Tokunbo , Location : Lekki N1.2m (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Confirmed, 2015 Is The Last Year Of The Nissan Xterra by Nobody: 5:29pm On Oct 15, 2015
Traditionalists, fans of true body-on-frame SUVs, I implore you to join me in a moment of silence. The Nissan Xterra will no longer be built after 2015, with no replacement planned.

In a press release breaking down the company’s plans for 2016, Nissan says:

“The Nissan Xterra has completed its current production cycle. After more than 750,000 Xterras sold since its introduction as a model year 2000 vehicle, the last Xterra will be sold in the fall of 2015.”
I mean, we all knew this was coming. People just don’t appreciate real rugged 4x4s like they used to. (Unless it’s a Wrangler.) And when the people stop buying, automakers stop selling. Car & Driver says “the current-generation model’s sales slid from a high of 72,447 in 2005 to just 16,505 last year.”

So, yeah, I guess if I were running the company I’d pull the plug on this bitch too. Better that than sully the Xterra’s name buy chopping its balls off and rebranding it as a four-door minivan. Cough PATHFINDER Cough.

The Xterra wasn’t without fault, but I say it will be remembered as a decidedly underrated performer by off-road and adventure types. It was one of the last new vehicles you could buy with a tough body-on-frame setup, a lever-activated transfer case, good ol’ fashioned mechanical emergency brake, and oh yeah... a proper manual transmission to go with a V6. Take that, 4Runner!

Stylistically the Xterra never really outgrew its “knock-off 90’s Land Rover” vibe, but it had fun features and a Honda Element-y interior that felt rugged in all the right places. To say nothing of the SUV’s build quality, which I alway thought surpassed the Jeep Wrangler.

They also tended to be a lot cheaper than their rivals from Jeep and Toyota, which are still selling like crazy. If only Nissan had worked a little harder to market this thing, maybe add a couple fun gimmicks (quick release doors?) I reckon they could have gotten a lot more mileage out of it.

Sure, the Xterra burned a lot of fuel and lumbered along like a satiated farm animal but damn it that’s how an SUV’s supposed to ride!

Cc. Seun, lalasticlala

Source :http://truckyeah.jalopnik.com/confirmed-2015-last-year-of-the-nissan-xterra-1724836170

1 Like

Re: Confirmed, 2015 Is The Last Year Of The Nissan Xterra by Nobody: 5:33pm On Oct 15, 2015
i wanted to buy that car for my wife when i got married. Nissan i still need that car
Re: Confirmed, 2015 Is The Last Year Of The Nissan Xterra by Nobody: 5:37pm On Oct 15, 2015
daniel9202:
i wanted to buy that car for my wife when i got married.
Nissan i still need that car
Very rugged car, I love the car but it consumes too much fuel and it has this funny noise. Lol
Re: Confirmed, 2015 Is The Last Year Of The Nissan Xterra by OCTAVO: 5:47pm On Oct 15, 2015
Fuel consumption is just too much also doesn't speed enough.

Bye Nissan Xtera.
Re: Confirmed, 2015 Is The Last Year Of The Nissan Xterra by Nobody: 6:45pm On Oct 15, 2015
OCTAVO:
Fuel consumption is just too much also doesn't speed enough.

Bye Nissan Xtera.
it has no speed at all, but if there's any suv that's supposed to go into extinction it's Mitsubishi pajero, people hate that car with passion
Re: Confirmed, 2015 Is The Last Year Of The Nissan Xterra by Nobody: 7:54pm On Oct 15, 2015
Good riddance to a useless product. Nissan is one of the most useless car manufacturer in the world.
From their Infiniti products to their useless Armada jeeps, and most annoying their Murano which was nothing but a complete scam, and Xterra...jesus! Just check out how often their cars are embraced by people, and then everyone runs away from the products again.
I remember, 5 years ago, there was 1 xterra in every 10 jeeps that moves along the road, today, they are all in the mechanic garage. Even Quest SUV was a terrible, and currently, the only Nissan Products I see on the road are their old Pathfinder jeeps, even the 2005 model upwards are all in the mechanical graveyard. RIP to Nissan, they should have stick with manufacturing only buses and lorries.
Re: Confirmed, 2015 Is The Last Year Of The Nissan Xterra by Nobody: 9:33pm On Oct 15, 2015
aasog1:
Good riddance to a useless product. Nissan is one of the most useless car manufacturer in the world.
From their Infiniti products to their useless Armada jeeps, and most annoying their Murano which was nothing but a complete scam, and Xterra...jesus! Just check out how often their cars are embraced by people, and then everyone runs away from the products again.
I remember, 5 years ago, there was 1 xterra in every 10 jeeps that moves along the road, today, they are all in the mechanic garage. Even Quest SUV was a terrible, and currently, the only Nissan Products I see on the road are their old Pathfinder jeeps, even the 2005 model upwards are all in the mechanical graveyard. RIP to Nissan, they should have stick with manufacturing only buses and lorries.
u seem to have a lot of experience with cars, are you a mechanic?
Re: Confirmed, 2015 Is The Last Year Of The Nissan Xterra by mafioso47(m): 11:52pm On Oct 15, 2015
Any onw with useful info on performance + durability and feul consumption of 2011 - 2013 Ford Edge? Thanks
Re: Confirmed, 2015 Is The Last Year Of The Nissan Xterra by CeterisXVII: 6:56pm On Dec 13, 2015
I have an Xterra. I have used it for over 6 years and it has served me well! I can drive it in 2-wheel drive mode or engage the auxillary gear to turn it into a 4x4 on demand. In fact, I am considering replacing it with a newer model of the Xterra.

Why the heck did Nissan take a decision to stop production in 2015, instead of trying to attract more customers? In my opinion, it still outperforms the Prado. angry
Re: Confirmed, 2015 Is The Last Year Of The Nissan Xterra by Vivere: 11:16pm On Dec 16, 2017
lofty900:

In a press release breaking down the company’s plans for 2016, Nissan says:

“The Nissan Xterra has completed its current production cycle. After more than 750,000 Xterras sold since its introduction as a model year 2000 vehicle, the last Xterra will be sold in the fall of 2015.".....

Source :http://truckyeah.jalopnik.com/confirmed-2015-last-year-of-the-nissan-xterra-1724836170

It appears there are now plans to bring back the Xterra and change its features in 2018.
Re: Confirmed, 2015 Is The Last Year Of The Nissan Xterra by Nobody: 4:57am On Dec 17, 2017
Vivere:

It appears there are now plans to bring back the Xterra and change its features in 2018.
really ? Thats good

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Sharp First Body 04 Ford Explorer For Sale In warri @ 1m Negotiable / Wanted: Audi A4 B5 Most recent model / 2001 Mitsubishi Montero Jeep @ N700k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.