Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,908 members, 7,835,030 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:26 AM

The Day The Witches From My Village Almost Overtook Me! - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / The Day The Witches From My Village Almost Overtook Me! (1404 Views)

Evangelist Arrested For Detaining ‘Witches’ In Ghana / Two Witches Displayed Openly In Lagos At Night....pix / Swaziland Bans Witches From Flying Too High In The Sky (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Day The Witches From My Village Almost Overtook Me! by Free101(m): 8:29pm On Oct 15, 2015
First and foremost, I don't know where exactly I should post this topic; maybe in the Crime section or the Family section. Nevertheless, I beleive the Mods will do the needful.
Secondly, this story or account am giving here is not about witches. Sorry it the heading is misleading but somehow I feel if no for God people would have said "it wad the witches from his village that caught up with him".
Enough of the English, lemme gist you.
I finished Secondary school in 2009 and after trying my hands on many jobs decided it was time to further my education, (as a matter of fact, I was pressurized by my uncle). Bought jamb form; passed, wrote post utme; passed, admission came out;y name was on the first list! my joy knew no bounds because everything happened like a miracle, first time and am already on my way on becoming an undergraduate of the prestigious University of Jos!
All this happened last year. paid my acceptance fee and was waiting for screening. Screening came and that was were it nearly happened! On a Monday in February (can't remember the exact day), which marks the first day of the two weeks screening, I came back exhausted, rested and later in the night went out to buy recharge card to enable me make a call. After buying the card I decide branching the game house I normally enjoy playing PS2 and sat down to wait to play a game and thats when the devil appeared.
From nowhere the guy came in and was insulting the boys there because he was older to them (and also to me) and it got me irritated, but I minded my own business. The bous on their part said nothing in return out of respect. So I decided to ask one of them which team he was choosing in Good English (most communication that took place then was done in Hausa interlaced with Pidgin, which I understand very much, but I do speak English sometimes when I can't find the perfect word to use in Hausa). That's how the guy came unto me and start throwing insults my way; "dan durin uwarka, zaka nuna mana ga je school ne? dan maman ka, university nawa kude dashi a garin ku? zanchi uwarka anan walahi! (I can't literally translate what he said here but n a nutshell, he insulted me, insulted my mom and threatened to deal with me, and am someone who can receive all insult dished to me as long as you steer clear of my dear mom, albeit I later gathered that he did all this under the influence of alcohol, dry gin and hard drugs).
I got infuriated, went out to the next shop which was a provision shop, bought two Pepsi "orobo" bottles (yes! I bought the bottles which has lead my friends to tease me up till tomrrow like seeing a bottle and asking how much when a around or saying they will also buy bottle jokingly when we argue) went straight to him, stood my groud and said if he his born of a woman je should repeat what he just said. In his drunken state, he couldnt comprehend the danger at hand and went ahead and ranted other nonesense to my face. In my anger (am jovial, very jovial but would flair up when I think am on the right and take drastic actions which i do later regret. In a nutshell, am temperamental, violent and unpredictable when am angry; I guess its a trait with Taurus(es), don't know), I smashed one of the bottles on his head and a fight ensured before we were separated by people but by then, the harm has been done, he head had became a pool and was gushing out blood like no man's business. People came to aid him and the idiot was still saying he should be left alone to kill me. lol. But he was overpowered and taken to the nearest chemist and the nurse there rejected him because she thought he might die there because "bro, the blood no be here oo". Immediately someone called a neighbour who has a car and he was taken to a hospital. All this while, I was just looking like a fool and imagining how life behind bars would be especially with a life sentence (people was not even sending me because most of them nevet believe i was the one who carried out this violent act. They were like "are you the one who did this", "are you also hurt", what really happened"?).
To cut the long story short, he survived after much stiches and treatment and my pocket felt it and things were settled between us. Even though I did received alot of life threats from his no good friends which later dies out and I was not prosecuted by the law because evidence showed that I was not the one who incited the act, so the community did not rwport the case to the police. what am just trying yo say here is; one the firat day of my screening was when this happened and it could have landed me behind bars and broken my dear mother's heart who have startes envisioning a bright future for me. They would have said "the witches from his village has finally caught up with him". Since then I avoid quarrels like a plague and try to contr my anger to the best of my abilities.
my advice; never let your emotions control you, useyour brain to guide your path and decision

FREE101
lalasticlala, help us move this matter go fp oooo

1 Like

Re: The Day The Witches From My Village Almost Overtook Me! by Escalze(m): 8:32pm On Oct 15, 2015
Smoking a good joint here

Join me if interested

Meanwhile #np Rick Ross' money dance
Re: The Day The Witches From My Village Almost Overtook Me! by yanabasee(m): 9:18pm On Oct 15, 2015
No go join cult with this ur buying bottle concept oh.... And it's already in you...

Congrats and try and make ur mom to be proud of you! And u really need to sit up!

2 Likes

Re: The Day The Witches From My Village Almost Overtook Me! by Adenle041(m): 10:02pm On Oct 15, 2015
This one wey you don dey brake bottle
Careful, make my guy no lure you join cult
Na that time you go disappoint yourself pass
Re: The Day The Witches From My Village Almost Overtook Me! by Free101(m): 10:39pm On Oct 15, 2015
yanabasee:
No go join cult with this ur buying bottle concept oh.... And it's already in you...

Congrats and try and make ur mom to be proud of you! And u really need to sit up!
once bitten, twice shy. Cult isn't really my calling, and I have learned to channel my anger into a non-violent approach like saying my mind or just leaving the scene
Re: The Day The Witches From My Village Almost Overtook Me! by Free101(m): 10:40pm On Oct 15, 2015
Adenle041:
This one wey you don dey brake bottle
Careful, make my guy no lure you join cult
Na that time you go disappoint yourself pass
by the special grace of God, nobody go lure me into anything
Re: The Day The Witches From My Village Almost Overtook Me! by God2man(m): 2:15pm On Oct 16, 2015
Thank you so much for this experience.

1 Like

Re: The Day The Witches From My Village Almost Overtook Me! by Free101(m): 8:36pm On Oct 16, 2015
[quote author=God2man post=39045575]Thank you so much for this experience.[/quote
Its really an experience....our anger will not lead us to our untimely death or a derailment of our destiny
Re: The Day The Witches From My Village Almost Overtook Me! by AsdfjklDebbie(m): 12:49am On Oct 17, 2015
That unpredictability when angered and quick to anger temperament really is common in Tauruses. I'm a Taurus too.
Though it's been long since i got angry to the point of seeing red. I think i'm getting better at controlling it.
Thank God sey you no go prison shaar. Naija prison no be small thing. Them no even get bed.[color=#770077][/color] grin

1 Like

Re: The Day The Witches From My Village Almost Overtook Me! by Nobody: 11:28am On Oct 17, 2015
Good one
Re: The Day The Witches From My Village Almost Overtook Me! by Free101(m): 8:12pm On Oct 17, 2015
AsdfjklDebbie:
That unpredictability when angered and quick to anger temperament really is common in Tauruses. I'm a Taurus too.
Though it's been long since i got angry to the point of seeing red. I think i'm getting better at controlling it.
Thank God sey you no go prison shaar. Naija prison no be small thing. Them no even get bed.[color=#770077][/color] grin
I really thank God, it never lead to a court case because it would have been a knockout blow to my family members which consist only of my mom and little bro. And this Taurus thing.....hmmmm....am also trying hard to control it because it makes me very emotional, even in relationships.
Re: The Day The Witches From My Village Almost Overtook Me! by Free101(m): 8:26pm On Oct 17, 2015
Snowangel4:
Good one
hope you did learn a thing or two here?
Re: The Day The Witches From My Village Almost Overtook Me! by Nobody: 8:29pm On Oct 17, 2015
Free101:

hope you did learn a thing or two here?

Yeah....
Re: The Day The Witches From My Village Almost Overtook Me! by nzgal: 5:31am On Oct 18, 2015
It's good that you've learnt your lesson. Person insult your mama should not make you see red, dem know her? Just conclude that since they don't know her, all d talk na nonsense. That will help u calm down.

1 Like

Re: The Day The Witches From My Village Almost Overtook Me! by Free101(m): 3:03pm On Oct 18, 2015
nzgal:
It's good that you've learnt your lesson. Person insult your mama should not make you see red, dem know her? Just conclude that since they don't know her, all d talk na nonsense. That will help u calm down.
wow.....nice words you just typed here. I've never thought of it that way...thanks for the eye opener. Thanks alot

(1) (Reply)

Odeshi Failed. / All Sides Of The Cop...mbu Joseph Mbu / Boko Haram Kill Nigerian Soldier And A Member Of Vikings Confraternity In Borno

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.