Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,133 members, 7,811,198 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:14 AM

In Need Of General Enlightenment About Ford Cars - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / In Need Of General Enlightenment About Ford Cars (2046 Views)

Jelani Aliyu Of General Motors Assumes Office As Director Of NADDC Today(photos) / How Reliable And Maintenance Friendly Are Ford Cars? / Ford Cars Quite Explicit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

In Need Of General Enlightenment About Ford Cars by mili3kid(m): 11:49pm On Oct 15, 2015
please brothers, i have noticed for a while of going tru NL, i have noticed ford vehicles are quite cheap compared to its counterparts like the honda and toyota. taking for example the ford the ford edge 2008 model has an average price for its toks @2.8 million. so pls I just wanted to ask is it that ford vehicles are generally cheaper, or do they have low resale value or is it that they are vehicle difficult to fix abi dey r too problematic. thanks in advance... grin
Re: In Need Of General Enlightenment About Ford Cars by Nobody: 11:51pm On Oct 15, 2015
Redress ur Topic nd come again grin
Re: In Need Of General Enlightenment About Ford Cars by mili3kid(m): 12:16am On Oct 16, 2015
ebubemicky:
Redress ur Topic nd come again grin
tnx man
Re: In Need Of General Enlightenment About Ford Cars by Nobody: 12:26am On Oct 16, 2015
mili3kid:
tnx man
you are welcome bro, I like matured people like you . Some will take it for insult
Re: In Need Of General Enlightenment About Ford Cars by mili3kid(m): 1:05am On Oct 16, 2015
ebubemicky:
you are welcome bro, I like matured people like you . Some will take it for insult
well sometyms u kno say na d fyt gan gan be the fun atimes tho...hehehehe
Re: In Need Of General Enlightenment About Ford Cars by Femtopford(m): 3:22am On Oct 16, 2015
I still don't know either this forum is joke or business, well! Ford cars aren't problematic as people thought. For you to be cognizant about Ford, I appeal take the pain and go through all Femtopford write-up on NL car talk. Three segments (1)Ford, Lincoln And Mercury Cars Thread. (2)Ford technological solution. (3)Ford cars quite explicit.
Re: In Need Of General Enlightenment About Ford Cars by mili3kid(m): 10:03am On Oct 16, 2015
Femtopford:
I still don't know either this forum is joke or business, well! Ford cars aren't problematic as people thought. For you to be cognizant about Ford, I appeal take the pain and go through all Femtopford write-up on NL car talk. Three segments (1)Ford, Lincoln And Mercury Cars Thread. (2)Ford technological solution. (3)Ford cars quite explicit.
with all due respect boss i understand ur plight but it doesnt sound right for u to think every post is a joke without knowing d motive behind it. personalli I love Ford cars. n i av been following them for a while. den I noticed deir priced compared to other car brands. I saw a ford edge one tym n d person was selling for quite a ridiculous price. of wc I kno d car was not problematic and for that I wanted to kno why. dts d reason I asked. juzt to learn. n even so I decided to also follow ur posts on fords @femtopford I realised ppl av had d wrong notion bt fords... is it too much to ask to learn sir?
Re: In Need Of General Enlightenment About Ford Cars by billy187(m): 10:29am On Oct 16, 2015
I drive a Ford and its been very reliable. The sterotype around that Fords tend to break down at the slightest whim is pretty false.

But I must be hasty to say they do not tolerate half-assed mechanical work- deviation from the manufacturer's recommendations can quickly turn them into your WORST nightmare! (ask my uncle!! grin)

Most of us have terrible maintenance culture and so prefer jap mobiles...which are more tolerant of abuse. Thus demand is low...and that brings down the prices. Keeps them nice and cheap for us aficionados though

2 Likes

Re: In Need Of General Enlightenment About Ford Cars by mili3kid(m): 10:39am On Oct 16, 2015
billy187:
I drive a Ford and its been very reliable. The sterotype around that Fords tend to break down at the slightest whim is pretty false.

But I must be hasty to say they do not tolerate half-assed mechanical work- deviation from the manufacturer's recommendations can quickly turn them into your WORST nightmare! (ask my uncle!! grin)

Most of us have terrible maintenance culture and so prefer jap mobiles...which are more tolerant of abuse. Thus demand is low...and that brings down the prices. Keeps them nice and cheap for us aficionados though
ehen thanks jare oga billy... whc ford do u drive? so actualli d problem has been with the kazeems and the owners with poor maintenance culture... so what have you actualli done dt has made u enjoi the ride dt much?... and oga @femtopford i stay in Ilorin n i dnt kno if theres any recommended ford shop here... do you kno of any pls??
Re: In Need Of General Enlightenment About Ford Cars by billy187(m): 11:02am On Oct 16, 2015
mili3kid:
ehen thanks jare oga billy... whc ford do u drive? so actualli d problem has been with the kazeems and the owners with poor maintenance culture... so what have you actualli done dt has made u enjoi the ride dt much?... and oga @femtopford i stay in Ilorin n i dnt kno if theres any recommended ford shop here... do you kno of any pls??

Exactly bruh. Anyways, I drive an '03 Ford Focus SE wagon. She's pretty much stock and except for reversing all the 'tropicalization' the former owner did to her....its pretty much routine maintenance.
Re: In Need Of General Enlightenment About Ford Cars by Nobody: 12:07pm On Oct 16, 2015
mili3kid:
well sometyms u kno say na d fyt gan gan be the fun atimes tho...hehehehe
hahahahahahhaah abi
Re: In Need Of General Enlightenment About Ford Cars by Originalsly: 2:31pm On Oct 16, 2015
Billy 187 said the basic bitter truth. For this century Ford has been making much better and reliable cars. Yes...they are cheaper even brand new that comparable Toyota or Hondas.... and yes their parts are also much cheaper and almost always original. They however burn more fuel....but would be tougher and more powerful and can withstand the rough better than others. The Ford Edge is great for family... but at the same time can be used as a commercial vehicle....to haul goods or onstruction materials whatever. If you want to buy.....first and second priority.... find and commit all maintenance and repairs to a reputable shop that deals with Ford.
Re: In Need Of General Enlightenment About Ford Cars by Femtopford(m): 3:44pm On Oct 16, 2015
Nice talk, thanks a lot.
Re: In Need Of General Enlightenment About Ford Cars by sultaan(m): 8:17pm On Oct 16, 2015
The best thing to do is go to any manufacturers website and see their offering then go to YouTube and watch the reviews online or comparison then you will understand more about each car

Some of the best reviews are done by caranddriver, motortrend,autobytel,alexonautos,saabkyle, subaruwrxfan,and red line, tflcars

1 Like

Re: In Need Of General Enlightenment About Ford Cars by sultaan(m): 8:17pm On Oct 16, 2015
The best thing to do is go to any manufacturers website and see their offering then go to YouTube and watch the reviews online or comparison then you will understand more about each car

Some of the best reviews are done by caranddriver, motortrend,autobytel,alexonautos,saabkyle, subaruwrxfan,and red line

1 Like 1 Share

Re: In Need Of General Enlightenment About Ford Cars by mili3kid(m): 12:15am On Oct 17, 2015
Originalsly:
Billy 187 said the basic bitter truth. For this century Ford has been making much better and reliable cars. Yes...they are cheaper even brand new that comparable Toyota or Hondas.... and yes their parts are also much cheaper and almost always original. They however burn more fuel....but would be tougher and more powerful and can withstand the rough better than others. The Ford Edge is great for family... but at the same time can be used as a commercial vehicle....to haul goods or construction materials whatever. If you want to buy.....first and second priority.... find and commit all maintenance and repairs to a reputable shop that deals with Ford.
i personalli I biliv all cars r reliable and to a large extent it depends on the users maintenance culture.but now taking for example ilorin here where I stay, au do I manage to keep my Ford(wen I eventualli own 1 by Gods grace) in top shape when there's no credible ford expert here.... @FemtopFord I need ur input here pls...
Re: In Need Of General Enlightenment About Ford Cars by mili3kid(m): 12:16am On Oct 17, 2015
sultaan:

Some of the best reviews are done by caranddriver, motortrend,autobytel,alexonautos,saabkyle, subaruwrxfan,and red line

very nice input. tnx for dt bro....m learning

(1) (Reply)

Please Help About Shock Absorbers / 2011 Civic Clocks 804,672km, No Major Repairs / My Experience With A Female Uber Driver Today...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.