Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,785 members, 7,820,753 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:53 PM

SHOCKER!! More Forex Restrictions coming in November !! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / SHOCKER!! More Forex Restrictions coming in November !! (2173 Views)

Nigeria Needs To Devaluate Naira, Ease Dollar Restrictions- Sanusi / Earth Will Experience 15 Days Of Complete Darkness In November 2015?-NASA / Shocker: Buhari Accuses U . S. Of Aiding Boko Haram (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

SHOCKER!! More Forex Restrictions coming in November !! by citizenisb: 5:05am On Oct 16, 2015
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/10/more-forex-restrictions-coming-nov/

There were indications that foreign exchange market is on further squeeze as tougher measure to control utilization of foreign currency reserves has come on stream in banks.

Some banks’ currency dealers, who spoke to Vanguard yesterday, said that the Central Bank of Nigeria, CBN, has tightened noose on their foreign exchange transactions with customers by reducing amounts available to individuals.

According to them effective November 1, they will effect a reduction in the annual international spending limit on Naira debit cards from USD50,000 to USD25,000.

Consequently, for customers requiring transaction spending above the limit, they will be required to obtain a dollar debit card by opening an individual domiciliary account funded by electronic transfer to ensure continued card usage abroad.

This would effectively curtail usage of foreign exchange reserves by individual travellers as they would be required to fund such accounts from sources other than the official foreign exchange windows.

It would also track usage of the Naira debit cards for illicit funds movements out of the country.
Re: SHOCKER!! More Forex Restrictions coming in November !! by youngwarrior(m): 5:06am On Oct 16, 2015
wow, this is amazing
ok op, carry on
Re: SHOCKER!! More Forex Restrictions coming in November !! by youngwarrior(m): 5:07am On Oct 16, 2015
such post usually makes me speechless. no matter how fast i think my brain boot, such post gets it nagging.

1 Like

Re: SHOCKER!! More Forex Restrictions coming in November !! by modath(f): 5:09am On Oct 16, 2015
Sound idea....... the poor shouldn't fund the excesses of the rich, anyone with genuine needs should do Form A or M...

4 Likes

Re: SHOCKER!! More Forex Restrictions coming in November !! by cremedelacreme: 5:15am On Oct 16, 2015
Good move by the apex bank. People should use Form A or Form M for their high volume transactions.
Re: SHOCKER!! More Forex Restrictions coming in November !! by citizenisb: 5:19am On Oct 16, 2015
This will definitely attempt to kill the middle class in Nigeria and the economy of Lagos.

1 Like

Re: SHOCKER!! More Forex Restrictions coming in November !! by Pavore9: 5:37am On Oct 16, 2015
modath:

Sound idea....... the poor shouldn't fund the excesses of the rich, anyone with genuine needs should do Form A or M...

l so much agree with you because the system has been hitherto bastardized.
Re: SHOCKER!! More Forex Restrictions coming in November !! by modath(f): 5:44am On Oct 16, 2015
citizenisb:
This will definitely attempt to kill the middle class in Nigeria and the economy of Lagos.

How ?? ... kindly expain..

& don't forget it's the FOREX limit not the naira

2 Likes

Re: SHOCKER!! More Forex Restrictions coming in November !! by onatisi(m): 6:04am On Oct 16, 2015
grin grin grin I look and laugh .nigerians never see anything .just wait till January many will pray to God to conduct another election so that they can change buhari.

3 Likes

Re: SHOCKER!! More Forex Restrictions coming in November !! by solid3(m): 6:09am On Oct 16, 2015
How about those of us doing genuine business for God's sake.

1 Like

Re: SHOCKER!! More Forex Restrictions coming in November !! by GudluckIBB(m): 6:24am On Oct 16, 2015
onatisi:
grin grin grin I look and laugh .nigerians never see anything .just wait till January many will pray to God to conduct another election so that they can change buhari.

This is not about Buhari. Don't forget Buhari meet a fractured economy left behind by jonathan. And if you must know, These whole things is as a result of the missing 20B USd and the loots which were stolen under jonathan and secondly, Emeifele is the dullest Cbn governor Ever.

Before you quote me, ask anybody who works in zenith bank, they will tell you how clueless he is when he was the MD of zenith

1 Like

Re: SHOCKER!! More Forex Restrictions coming in November !! by aieromon(m): 6:27am On Oct 16, 2015
solid3:
How about those of us doing genuine business for God's sake.

Simple. Carry your genuine business documents to the bank and fill the appropriate forms.
Re: SHOCKER!! More Forex Restrictions coming in November !! by warrior01: 6:35am On Oct 16, 2015
GudluckIBB:

This is not about Buhari. Don't forget Buhari meet a fractured economy left behind by jonathan. And if you must know, These whole things is as a result of the missing 20B USd and the loots which were stolen under jonathan and secondly, Emeifele is the dullest Cbn governor Ever.

Before you quote me, ask anybody who works in zenith bank, they will tell you how clueless he is when he was the MD of zenith

Are you for real? $20 billion missing under Gej and America did not know? And the clueless government we have now has not put him behind bars? Oh! What a clueless government we have. Oya, tell me how the money got missing so I will prosecute him my self.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: SHOCKER!! More Forex Restrictions coming in November !! by onatisi(m): 6:35am On Oct 16, 2015
GudluckIBB:

emeifelebis the dullest?? I no go argue .just Wait till january
Re: SHOCKER!! More Forex Restrictions coming in November !! by lincolnj88: 6:37am On Oct 16, 2015
grin buhari thinks he knows alot
Re: SHOCKER!! More Forex Restrictions coming in November !! by Nobody: 6:39am On Oct 16, 2015
I have no idea what this is all about, and it's overall implications ..can anyone volunteer to teach me?
Re: SHOCKER!! More Forex Restrictions coming in November !! by onatisi(m): 6:41am On Oct 16, 2015
tobimillar:
I have no idea what this is all about, and it's overall implications ..can anyone volunteer to teach me?
it simply means tough times are ahead of Nigerians. grin

1 Like

Re: SHOCKER!! More Forex Restrictions coming in November !! by Nobody: 6:47am On Oct 16, 2015
onatisi:
it simply means tough times are ahead of Nigerians. grin

Speak economically!! grin grin
Does it mean that cup of garri will go up?

1 Like

Re: SHOCKER!! More Forex Restrictions coming in November !! by onatisi(m): 6:48am On Oct 16, 2015
tobimillar:

Speak economically!! grin grin
Does it mean that cup of garri will go up?
yes.more job loses too

1 Like

Re: SHOCKER!! More Forex Restrictions coming in November !! by Firefire(m): 6:50am On Oct 16, 2015
Reality show.

Since May 29th we don't have a government in Nigeria.

The BIG vacuum of governance created by the exit of Jonathan is still yet to be filled.

I appeal to fellow Nigerians to give Buhari some time to study the economy, you will recall he is a new learner having lost touch with governance over 30 years ago.

OBJ & Gowon understands Buhari's predicament and asked we give him more time, maybe up to four years. undecided

I pray the indigenous and local industries still exist when his training and learning period is over.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: SHOCKER!! More Forex Restrictions coming in November !! by citizenisb: 9:43am On Oct 16, 2015
Mr. Emefiele needs creativity from the incoming Finance Minister who is a Financial Genius!!!
Re: SHOCKER!! More Forex Restrictions coming in November !! by badnature: 9:56am On Oct 16, 2015
form m?? 1930 system in 2015? hmm that's is the ZOO for you,where every thing is obtained.mad people every where

1 Like

Re: SHOCKER!! More Forex Restrictions coming in November !! by Nobody: 10:02am On Oct 16, 2015
Buharinomics
Re: SHOCKER!! More Forex Restrictions coming in November !! by stanech: 10:06am On Oct 16, 2015
An american senator said Tthat the reason Obama's foreign Policy failed was because he always feel like the smartest guy in the room.

I see buhari heading in that same direction. He has even called his ministers noisemakers before they were selected.
Re: SHOCKER!! More Forex Restrictions coming in November !! by Bevista: 10:11am On Oct 16, 2015
Consequently, for customers requiring transaction spending above the limit, they will be required to obtain a dollar debit card by opening an individual domiciliary account funded by electronic transfer to ensure continued card usage abroad.
After opening the dollar account, from who/where does one get electronic transfer into the account?

This policy is clearly intended to protect Foreign Reserves, control illicit flows, encourage local consumption, etc. However, I must admit that there could be real unintended consequences, if there are no immediate & strategic Fiscal Policies to complement these monetary policies.

The team of Okechukwu Enelamah, Kemi Adeosun, Aminat Mohammed, Udoma Udo Udoma, etc should immediately get to work and help Emefiele out.

1 Like

Re: SHOCKER!! More Forex Restrictions coming in November !! by solid3(m): 10:52am On Oct 16, 2015
aieromon:

Simple. Carry your genuine business documents to the bank and fill the appropriate forms.

Some food supplements do not have FDA number and are widely used all around the world. There is no document I have to take to bank.

I just order online and have it shipped to me. How do I go about this?
Re: SHOCKER!! More Forex Restrictions coming in November !! by aieromon(m): 12:58pm On Oct 16, 2015
solid3:

Some food supplements do not have FDA number and are widely used all around the world. There is no document I have to take to bank.

I just order online and have it shipped to me. How do I go about this?

What is their mode of payment? How much will you spend on the transaction. The debit cards have limits of daily spending. If the volume of transaction is large, you can get them to issue you an invoice which can be presented at the bank.

I'm afraid customs might flag the items at point of arrival so do your homework well.
Re: SHOCKER!! More Forex Restrictions coming in November !! by citizenisb: 2:11pm On Oct 16, 2015
Please we need to prepare for austerity
Re: SHOCKER!! More Forex Restrictions coming in November !! by onatisi(m): 2:27pm On Oct 16, 2015
citizenisb:
Please we need to prepare for austerity
you are still planning to prepare for austerity measure when over 80% of state governments in the nations have started compiling names of workers to be sacked next year
Re: SHOCKER!! More Forex Restrictions coming in November !! by citizenisb: 4:20pm On Oct 16, 2015
then i hope we dont have a REVOLUTION!!!

1 Like

Re: SHOCKER!! More Forex Restrictions coming in November !! by neocortex: 4:26pm On Oct 16, 2015
Buhari want to turn Nigeria into an economic pariah state.
Soon , he will impose limit on the amount of foreign income we can assess.
SMH.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: SHOCKER!! More Forex Restrictions coming in November !! by baralatie(m): 4:29pm On Oct 16, 2015
tobimillar:
it is called follow the dollar!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Shocking Photos Of A Primary School In Ondo / Pics:Fight Outbreak Btw Community Members & Okada Riders In Mile 12 Area,Lagos / Operation Crocodile Smile Is Goin On 'very Well' Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.