Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,587 members, 7,837,217 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:11 PM

Army ‘recovers 20,000 Cows In North-west’ - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Army ‘recovers 20,000 Cows In North-west’ (536 Views)

Army Recovers Weapons From Boko Haram After Gun Battle In Maiduguri (Photos) / We’ve Lost 6,000 Cows In Southern Kaduna —miyetti Allah / Army Recovers Shekau’s Qur’an, Flag In Sambisa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Army ‘recovers 20,000 Cows In North-west’ by zik4ever: 9:11am On Oct 16, 2015
The Chief of Army Staff (COAS), Lt. General Yusuf Buratai, yesterday said the army’s effort against criminals in the North-west had yielded results with the recovery of about 20,000 stolen cows.
Represented by the General Officer Commanding (GOC) 1 Division, Major General Adeniyi Oyebade, at the emir of Zazzau’s palace in Zaria, Buratai said while the military was trying to eliminate Boko Haram from the North-east before the December presidential deadline, attention was also being paid to eliminating cattle rustling.
“Another issue is cattle rustling. Cattle business is a serious business in northern Nigeria, as such, it has attracted a lot of criminals who are stealing hundreds and thousands of cows that are sold into the market illegally. As I speak, the Nigerian Army is in operation in the entire North-west code-named Sharan Daji to ensure that all bandits and cattle rustlers are flushed out.
“I want to tell you that as at last week, we arrested and killed many rustlers and we have recovered close to 20,000 cattle. We will continue to do that. The operation is co-funded by some states in the North-west, it will be rounded off very soon”.
Responding, the Emir of Zazzau, Alhaji Shehu Idris, thanked the federal government for putting many military formations in the Zazzau emirate. He also thanked the army for assisting the emirate in handling security challenges, saying the emirate was enjoying peace. Lt General Buratai also said as a result of the military successes against Boko Haram in the North-east, its members were fleeing to the North-west where he warned they would also be routed out.
“I want to report to you that we are employing all resources at our disposal to make sure we drive Boko Haram out of this land. This is in line with the president’s directive to crush them on or before December. Because of the fact that the insurgents are finding it very hot in the North-east, they are trying to move into the North-west. In the past two or three hours, we picked about three of them here in the North-west. We will continue to track them, we will continue with our surveillance and pick them”, he said. Alhaji Shehu Idris assured of his cooperation.
http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/general/army-recovers-20-000-cows-in-north-west/115275.html
Re: Army ‘recovers 20,000 Cows In North-west’ by Oche211(m): 9:13am On Oct 16, 2015
*yea, FTC dis morning b4 i go in 4 my exams. It means better luck awaits me in d exam hall. D exam go simple die*
20,000 cows/cattles? Haba. Seems d military always ve problem with figures. Reducing d number of death tolls after attacks nd increasing d number of rescued to justify d fact dat they re working.
Multiple bomb blasts take place, towns re attacked, humans re killed while cattles re rescued.
20,000 cattles? Tell me another lie.
Re: Army ‘recovers 20,000 Cows In North-west’ by Upnepaa(m): 9:13am On Oct 16, 2015
picture of the cows altogether or I don't believe it
Re: Army ‘recovers 20,000 Cows In North-west’ by athaboi(f): 9:15am On Oct 16, 2015
They shld please leave those cows and face bokoharam..inshort every single army shld be in north east.

1 Like

Re: Army ‘recovers 20,000 Cows In North-west’ by ernesty20(m): 9:15am On Oct 16, 2015
Maybe chibok gurls have turned to cows.. Useless army

1 Like

Re: Army ‘recovers 20,000 Cows In North-west’ by sorextee(m): 9:15am On Oct 16, 2015
HOW COULD THEY IDENTIFY A COW AS STOLEN? undecided WERRE THEY MARKED OR WHAT?

1 Like

Re: Army ‘recovers 20,000 Cows In North-west’ by Nobody: 9:15am On Oct 16, 2015
That is two weeks food for South West...

South West and malu sef grin

1 Like

Re: Army ‘recovers 20,000 Cows In North-west’ by CARLOSZ: 9:38am On Oct 16, 2015
Ok
Re: Army ‘recovers 20,000 Cows In North-west’ by OZAOEKPE(f): 9:43am On Oct 16, 2015
"save humans and not cows".

1 Like

Re: Army ‘recovers 20,000 Cows In North-west’ by yhemsy62(m): 9:46am On Oct 16, 2015
Forgive me
for the hours I wasted,
for the chances I failed to take,
for the opportunities I missed this past year.
Help me in the days ahead to make this the best year yet,
and through it to bring good credit to myself,
happiness and pride to my loved ones,
and joy to you. Amen.
Nlers today is my day, pls show some love. Happy birthday to me. Cheers

(1) (Reply)

okies / Here’s How Ghana Plans To Settle Outstanding Gas Debts By February 2016 / Ohimai Godwin Amaize Denounces Pdp

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.